• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Death Note.

I just got the whole story.
    sigpic

Originally posted by TheWall View Post
    I just got the whole story.
    You know how after they buy a book a lot of people will write their name inside it? In this case that would be a bad idea.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
    "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
      You know how after they buy a book a lot of people will write their name inside it? In this case that would be a bad idea.
      Yes indeed.
      sigpic

Comment

l_2-1.jpg
        sigpic

Comment

Saw the anime. Bought extra brain bleach.
          "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

"Forgiveness is the way of love." Gary Chapman

My Personal Blog

My Novella blog (Current Novella Begins on 7/25/14)

Quill Sword

Comment

Originally posted by Teallaura View Post
            Saw the anime. Bought extra brain bleach.
            Which you still haven't paid for.

Personally I enjoyed it as long as you didn't think too hard about it. But then, that could be said about a whole lot of animes (and other types of TV shows and movies for that matter).

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
            "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
            "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
              Which you still haven't paid for.

Personally I enjoyed it as long as you didn't think too hard about it. But then, that could be said about a whole lot of animes (and other types of TV shows and movies for that matter).
              What are you talking about? I gave CP the check.

It's one of the rare sad endings that I think is the best possible ending - but it was so unnecessarily convoluted and there were annoying things that needed explanation - plus the god complex was a major turn off.

"He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

My Personal Blog

Quill Sword

Comment

Read the manga in its entirety. I disagree with the metaphysics and metaethics but i still love the story. Honestly though wether the meta given to us by ryuk is true or not the shinigami are doomed. The heat death of the universe assures it.
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by TheWall View Post
                  Read the manga in its entirety. I disagree with the metaphysics and metaethics but i still love the story. Honestly though wether the meta given to us by ryuk is true or not the shinigami are doomed. The heat death of the universe assures it.
                  I wouldn't be surprised if the manga isn't a lot better - but this isn't really my cup of tea so I'll pass for now. Maybe after a few of the series I'm following end.

Of course, if one more 'let's dump high schoolers into other worlds/dimensions as if they were PC's and watch them randomly accumulate skills for no readily apparent reason' manga comes out, I may rethink this...

My Personal Blog

Quill Sword

Comment

I wouldn't be surprised if the manga isn't a lot better - but this isn't really my cup of tea so I'll pass for now. Maybe after a few of the series I'm following end.

Of course, if one more 'let's dump high schoolers into other worlds/dimensions as if they were PC's and watch them randomly accumulate skills for no readily apparent reason' manga comes out, I may rethink this...
                    The isekai genre needs to reevaluate itself.
                    sigpic

Comment

Sort of sounds like the Soul Workers video game. Although there is a reason for them getting their abilities, the portal does something to anything that goes through it. Only problem I've had with that game is I have no one to play with, and most people in game won't join a party.

Comment