Announcement

Collapse

Deeper Waters Forum Guidelines

Notice – The ministries featured in this section of TheologyWeb are guests of this site and in some cases not bargaining for the rough and tumble world of debate forums, though sometimes they are. Additionally, this area is frequented and highlighted for guests who also very often are not acclimated to debate fora. As such, the rules of conduct here will be more strict than in the general forum. This will be something within the discretion of the Moderators and the Ministry Representative, but we simply ask that you conduct yourselves in a manner considerate of the fact that these ministries are our invited guests. You can always feel free to start a related thread in general forum without such extra restrictions. Thank you.

Deeper Waters is founded on the belief that the Christian community has long been in the shallow end of Christianity while there are treasures of the deep waiting to be discovered. Too many in the shallow end are not prepared when they go out beyond those waters and are quickly devoured by sharks. We wish to aid Christians to equip them to navigate the deeper waters of the ocean of truth and come up with treasure in the end.

We also wish to give special aid to those often neglected, that is, the disabled community. This is especially so since our founders are both on the autism spectrum and have a special desire to reach those on that spectrum. While they are a special emphasis, we seek to help others with any disability realize that God can use them and that they are as the Psalmist says, fearfully and wonderfully made.

General TheologyWeb forum rules: here.
See more
See less

A disagreement with Mr Peters

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A disagreement with Mr Peters

I have to disagree with you on something. I dont think the problem is that churches are afraid to talk about sex. No. I think the problem is that the church has no idea what questions to ask? I have heard plenty of sermons about marriage and sex. How many sermons are there about addiction? About the arguements against marriage and the issues of mens rights and feminism in an intelligent light? How about the importance of fathers for instance? Besides if christians are so scared to talk about sex explain Sheila Way Gregoire. The truth as i see it is that many want to talk about it but answers evade them.
    sigpic

Originally posted by TheWall View Post
    I have to disagree with you on something. I dont think the problem is that churches are afraid to talk about sex. No. I think the problem is that the church has no idea what questions to ask? I have heard plenty of sermons about marriage and sex. How many sermons are there about addiction? About the arguements against marriage and the issues of mens rights and feminism in an intelligent light? How about the importance of fathers for instance? Besides if christians are so scared to talk about sex explain Sheila Way Gregoire. The truth as i see it is that many want to talk about it but answers evade them.
    Maybe you have the right church? I've been to quite a few churches and I don't think I've ever heard a sermon about sex (other than when I went to youth camp and they brought in an abstinence speaker).

I will say I don't agree with Robert Gagnon that it should come up once a month, though.
    Last edited by KingsGambit; 06-24-2018, 05:34 PM.
    "I am not angered that the Moral Majority boys campaign against abortion. I am angry when the same men who say, "Save OUR children" bellow "Build more and bigger bombers." That's right! Blast the children in other nations into eternity, or limbless misery as they lay crippled from "OUR" bombers! This does not jell." - Leonard Ravenhill

Comment

Originally posted by KingsGambit View Post
      Maybe you have the right church? I've been to quite a few churches and I don't think I've ever heard a sermon about sex (other than when I went to youth camp and they brought in an abstinence speaker).

I will say I don't agree with Robert Gagnon that it should come up once a month, though.
      I do enjoy the church i go to.
      sigpic

Comment

I don't know if I said they're afraid. I suspect more likely they just don't want to bring stuff like that into the pulpit. Perhaps it should stay at home with the parents, except the parents don't know what to say because the churches don't equip them.

Comment

Much like I don't want to watch a sporting event and be lectured about politics, I don't go to church to hear a sermon about sex ed. That's not to say the church shouldn't talk about it but there is a time and a place for everything

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
          "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
          "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
            Much like I don't want to watch a sporting event and be lectured about politics, I don't go to church to hear a sermon about sex ed. That's not to say the church shouldn't talk about it but there is a time and a place for everything
            That is a good point.
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Apologiaphoenix View Post
              I don't know if I said they're afraid. I suspect more likely they just don't want to bring stuff like that into the pulpit. Perhaps it should stay at home with the parents, except the parents don't know what to say because the churches don't equip them.
              All most a catch 22.
              sigpic

Comment