Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Red Hen Restaurant

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JimLamebrain View Post
    We'd probably be acting the same way you Trump/Sanders supporters are acting, except in our case the outrage would most likely be justified, whereas in Sanders case, for her constant lying to the American people, whether the restaurants actions were right or wrong, she certainly deserved it. Of course I understand that you don't recognize that Trump and his Press Secretary constantly lie to your face, but that's because you're a member of the cult and so you are only capable of believing exactly what they want you to believe. Trump knows you all very well.
    Jimmy once again proves my theory that the easiest way to impersonate a liberal is to simply say the dumbest thing you can think of.

Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
    But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
    Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post

When it happens to a liberal business person, not only are they cheered on, you actually have morons in congress making threats against all republicans and encouraging democrats to harass them.
      Which leads to Republican congressmen being shot at ball parks.
      Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
        Trump's most recent "lie" I heard being discussed on TV was that he named the wrong California city as being the one where the mayor gave a heads up to the illegal aliens (it was Oakland, not the one he named which actually has a Republican mayor). But this was no more a lie than when Obama said he had visited 57 states during the campaign in 2007. Sane people would consider both to be mistakes.

And even the left acknowledged Obama lied about the keep your health plan/doctor with the Washington Post awarding it "four Pinocchios" (the highest level) and another fact checking group proclaiming it was the lie of the year. So it is hardly just what lpot believes.
        I have no respect for Obama whatever, and totally disagree with just about everything he said and did. So I'm with you on that.

But I have to defend him on this minor point: At first he started to say he visited all fifty states, got as far as saying "fifty", then clarified that there were three he didn't visit. But instead of saying "forty seven", he mistakenly said "seven".

But, yeah, he was/is a total skumbag.
        When I Survey....

Comment

If Latvian beers are like German ones, they are 1 Liter each.

0.5L Leffe beers, with religious roots making them like drinking holy water. I think that explains the weird floaty feeling like being in heaven.
          “I think God, in creating man, somewhat overestimated his ability.” ― Oscar Wilde
          “And if there were a God, I think it very unlikely that He would have such an uneasy vanity as to be offended by those who doubt His existence” ― Bertrand Russell
          “not all there” - you know who you are

Comment

Originally posted by firstfloor View Post
            I think that explains the weird floaty feeling like being in heaven.
            In all my born days, that's the first time I've ever heard being in heaven described as a weird floaty feeling.
            The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Faber View Post
              I have no respect for Obama whatever, and totally disagree with just about everything he said and did. So I'm with you on that.

But I have to defend him on this minor point: At first he started to say he visited all fifty states, got as far as saying "fifty", then clarified that there were three he didn't visit. But instead of saying "forty seven", he mistakenly said "seven".

I did like his drone policy!
              Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                In all my born days, that's the first time I've ever heard being in heaven described as a weird floaty feeling.
                That was actually indigestion...

Comment

Stephanie Wilkinson, owner of The Red Hen Restaurant, was forced to resign her position as director of Main Street Lexington, a volunteer group that promoted local business interests. In fact, she has been publicly called out by a number of groups for making the town of Lexington look bad.

https://theconservativetreehouse.com...usiness-group/
                  Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
                  But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
                  Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
                    Stephanie Wilkinson, owner of The Red Hen Restaurant, was forced to resign her position as director of Main Street Lexington, a volunteer group that promoted local business interests. In fact, she has been publicly called out by a number of groups for making the town of Lexington look bad.

https://theconservativetreehouse.com...usiness-group/
                    video:

Carp, watch the video at 1:20, the owner of the restaurant where they went afterwards and was harassed by the Red Hen woman confirms this is what happened.

Comment

I think the owner of the Red Hen should read the sign in her own window.

Comment

If Latvian beers are like German ones, they are 1 Liter each.

FWIU during Oktoberfest in Germany there are actually law enforcement personnel assigned to making sure that customers aren't being ripped-off by being served in too small mugs and making sure that there isn't too much foam in them.

That is taking your beer seriously.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                        "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                        "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
                          Jimmy once again proves my theory that the easiest way to impersonate a liberal is to simply say the dumbest thing you can think of.

Jimmy getting ready to post:

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                          "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                          "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by Faber View Post

Which is why I said that sane people would consider it a mistake.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                              He should enjoy it now. It's likely as close as he'll ever get.

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                                FWIU during Oktoberfest in Germany there are actually law enforcement personnel assigned to making sure that customers aren't being ripped-off by being served in too small mugs and making sure that there isn't too much foam in them.

That is taking your beer seriously.
                                I didn't see them doing that, but there was security in the tents. My brother-in-law was so drunk he fell down the stairs and landed at the feet of one and they just laughed and picked him up. My brother and my nephew met up with some Australian guy at another tent and got too rowdy and broke some mugs and they were kicked out. It takes a lot to get kicked out of Oktoberfest.

Comment