Announcement

Collapse

Apologetics 301 Guidelines

If you think this is the area where you tell everyone you are sorry for eating their lunch out of the fridge, it probably isn't the place for you

This forum is open discussion between atheists and all theists to defend and debate their views on religion or non-religion. Please respect that this is a Christian-owned forum and refrain from gratuitous blasphemy. VERY wide leeway is given in range of expression and allowable behavior as compared to other areas of the forum, and moderation is not overly involved unless necessary. Please keep this in mind. Atheists who wish to interact with theists in a way that does not seek to undermine theistic faith may participate in the World Religions Department. Non-debate question and answers and mild and less confrontational discussions can take place in General Theistics.

Forum Rules: Here
See more
See less

Three irrefutable miracles.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Three irrefutable miracles.

1) Creation (the natural revelation).

2) Special revelation of Holy Scripture (the 66 book Bible).

3) Salvation (By God's grace alone, through faith alone, in Christ alone).

Mere denial does not refute anything.
    . . . the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; . . . -- Romans 1:16 KJV

. . . that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures; And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures: . . . -- 1 Corinthians 15:3-4 KJV

Whosoever believeth that Jesus is the Christ is born of God: . . . -- 1 John 5:1 KJV

Not all Christians would agree to the "66 book" Bible.
    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by 37818 View Post

Nothing here to refute. These are simply subjective anecdotal beliefs based on faith and not miracles. There is not any objective verifiable evidence to support these beliefs.
      Glendower: I can call spirits from the vasty deep.
      Hotspur: Why, so can I, or so can any man;
      But will they come when you do call for them? Shakespeare’s Henry IV, Part 1, Act III:

go with the flow the river knows . . .

Frank

I do not know, therefore everything is in pencil.

Comment

Originally posted by shunyadragon View Post
        Nothing here to refute. These are simply subjective anecdotal beliefs based on faith and not miracles. There is not any objective verifiable evidence to support these beliefs.
        Your very argument is your own subjective anecdotal belief.
        . . . the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; . . . -- Romans 1:16 KJV

. . . that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures; And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures: . . . -- 1 Corinthians 15:3-4 KJV

Whosoever believeth that Jesus is the Christ is born of God: . . . -- 1 John 5:1 KJV

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
          Not all Christians would agree to the "66 book" Bible.
          Either those 66 books are the whole Bible or they are not. Those who deny the word of God do so because they are wrong (Matthew 4:4; John 8:47).

Comment

Either those 66 books are the whole Bible or they are not. Those who deny the word of God do so because they are wrong (Matthew 4:4; John 8:47).
            It's not that those other Christians reject the 66 books; it's that they esteem more books than 66.

"Fire is catching. If we burn, you burn with us!"
            "I'm not going anywhere. I'm going to stay here and cause all kinds of trouble."
            Katniss Everdeen

Christ our Passover has been sacrificed for us. Therefore let us keep the feast.

Comment

Mere assertion doesn't need refuting.
              Jorge: Functional Complex Information is INFORMATION that is complex and functional.

MM: First of all, the Bible is a fixed document.
              MM on covid-19: We're talking about an illness with a better than 99.9% rate of survival.

seer: I believe that so called 'compassion' [for starving Palestinian kids] maybe a cover for anti Semitism, ...

Comment

Your very argument is your own subjective anecdotal belief.
                Could be, but 'Begging the Question' does not offer a coherent argument.
                But will they come when you do call for them? Shakespeare’s Henry IV, Part 1, Act III:

Frank

Comment

Originally posted by thewriteranon View Post
                  It's not that those other Christians reject the 66 books; it's that they esteem more books than 66.
                  I was speaking of any who reject the word of God, so regarding professing Christians who reject those extra books being the word of God, and those extra books also being the word of God. How does Matthew 4:4 affect them? How does John 8:47 affect them?
                  Last edited by 37818; 06-26-2018, 02:04 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by shunyadragon View Post
                    Could be, but 'Begging the Question' does not offer a coherent argument.
                    What was the question?

Comment

True, but neither does mere assertion prove anything.

Comment

Originally posted by Doug Shaver View Post
                        True, but neither does mere assertion prove anything.
                        Those three miracles are not mere assertions.

Comment

The first and second 'solas' are mutually exclusive (and aren't you missing a couple? I thought there were 5, not 3).
                          Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
                          sigpic
                          I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

Those three miracles are not mere assertions.
                            What is the objective basis behind the assertions that would make them more than mere assertions.

Frank

Comment

Originally posted by One Bad Pig View Post
                              The first and second 'solas' are mutually exclusive (and aren't you missing a couple? I thought there were 5, not 3).
                              Sola scriptura
                              Sola fide
                              Sola gratia
                              Solus Christus
                              Soli Deo gloria

But you knew that.
                              The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment