Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Shooting At Newspaper

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JimL View Post
    The nutters beef with the paper occured well before Trump, his decision to murder journalists that had nothing to do with the beef he had with the paper didn't occcur until after Trumps propaganda war against the media.
    It might have to do with the fact his legal options didn’t run out until reciently? Keep campaigning for Trump.
    "The man from the yacht thought he was the first to find England; I thought I was the first to find Europe. I did try to found a heresy of my own; and when I had put the last touches to it, I discovered that it was orthodoxy."
    GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

Originally posted by lilpixieofterror View Post
      It might have to do with the fact his legal options didn’t run out until reciently? Keep campaigning for Trump.
      Yeah, and maybe his complaint was dismissed 6 years ago.

Comment

Yeah, and maybe his complaint was dismissed 6 years ago.
        And yet we’re supposed to believe that nearly two years after Trump was elected, that he decided to shoot up a newspaper, that he had a personal grudge with for years, because apparently Trump said so. Okay there, keep that 2020 Trump re-election campaign going.
        "The man from the yacht thought he was the first to find England; I thought I was the first to find Europe. I did try to found a heresy of my own; and when I had put the last touches to it, I discovered that it was orthodoxy."
        GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
          So?
          If that is your best attempt at an answer I feel I have a rather strong case.
          "Yes. President Trump is a huge embarrassment. And it’s an embarrassment to evangelical Christianity that there appear to be so many who will celebrate precisely the aspects that I see Biblically as most lamentable and embarrassing." Southern Baptist leader Albert Mohler Jr.

Comment

No, I think that Hannity's attempt to equate Waters call for resistance with Trump's rhetorical war on the free press, and your falling for, and your use of, that comparison as an argument, funny. Sad, but funny.
            smiley back pat.gifYou're an idiot jimmy. But that's what makes you, you.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
            "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
            "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
              [ATTACH=CONFIG]28641[/ATTACH]You're an idiot jimmy. But that's what makes you, you.
              "Same to you with knobs on". Am I capturing the right tone here...you know, childish?

Trump has been wittering on in his articulate way (just kidding) about the "fake media" and the "enemy of the people" since before the election. And he's been echoed in this by his publicity machine at Fox and Breitbart et al, This is bound to have an effect on a disturbed individual with a grudge against a local paper as per the shooter of the staff at the Capital Gazette. It was a “targeted attack”, according to the police and Trump must bear some responsibility for it. When you stir up hate, as he has done, it will have an effect.
              “He felt that his whole life was a kind of dream and he sometimes wondered whose it was and whether they were enjoying it.” - Douglas Adams.

Comment

Originally posted by Tassman View Post
                "Same to you with knobs on". Am I capturing the right tone here...you know, childish?
                You don't have to "capture" it, Tass -- just let it flow.

Trump has been wittering on in his articulate way (just kidding) about the "fake media" and the "enemy of the people" since before the election. And he's been echoed in this by his publicity machine at Fox and Breitbart et al, This is bound to have an effect on a disturbed individual with a grudge against a local paper as per the shooter of the staff at the Capital Gazette. It was a “targeted attack”, according to the police and Trump must bear some responsibility for it. When you stir up hate, as he has done, it will have an effect.
                Yet, the only people who seem to be trying to tie this shooter to Trump are the extreme left nutters. Even the MSM doesn't try to make that case.
                The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                  You don't have to "capture" it, Tass -- just let it flow.

Yet, the only people who seem to be trying to tie this shooter to Trump are the extreme left nutters. Even the MSM doesn't try to make that case.
                  Many did at first but quickly backed down (well, at least most of them).

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                  "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                  "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment