Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Roe V Wade Is Doomed...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Tassman View Post
    Your erroneous assumption seems to be that people want to go around killing infants and fetuses.
    Only if they're an inconvenience to a woman.
    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• Originally posted by JimL View Post
      You don't seem to be saying much about anything OBP except for following me around to tell me how inept I am. Duly noted.
      Sorry to bust yer bubble, but you're not worth following around. There's this concept called "subscribe to thread" which happens when I initially post in one. When you also post in that thread, it comes up in my list of subscribed threads.

Also, please consider making less inept arguments; you've shown, on rare occasions, that you can do better when you bother to try. I'd far rather interact with more sophisticated posts.
      Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
      sigpic
      I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

• Originally posted by One Bad Pig View Post
        "Control" is being a bit generous for infants.
        Their control is actually pretty good - things do things when they tell them to - their precision and accuracy needs a lot of work. We see similar difficulties in returning astronauts for pretty much the same reason - they are going from a low 'gravity' environment to a 1g environment. Astronauts only have to relearn which is a fairly quick process. Infants have to start basically from scratch as everything they learned about movement in utero is pretty far off for ex utero.

And yeah, that includes the icky stuff - this wasn't a problem until Mom insisted on using diapers instead of amniotic fluid...
        "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

"Forgiveness is the way of love." Gary Chapman

My Personal Blog

My Novella blog (Current Novella Begins on 7/25/14)

Quill Sword

Comment

• Originally posted by One Bad Pig View Post
          Sorry to bust yer bubble, but you're not worth following around. There's this concept called "subscribe to thread" which happens when I initially post in one. When you also post in that thread, it comes up in my list of subscribed threads.

Also, please consider making less inept arguments; you've shown, on rare occasions, that you can do better when you bother to try. I'd far rather interact with more sophisticated posts.
          Nobody is forcing you to interact with me OBP, so I guess that makes you full of bull, right?

Comment

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
            Only if they're an inconvenience to a woman.
            Well of course. We all know that women everywhere go around having indiscriminate sex with every passing man and deal with the inconvenient consequences by murdering the resultant baby.
            Last edited by Tassman; 07-10-2018, 12:07 AM.
            “He felt that his whole life was a kind of dream and he sometimes wondered whose it was and whether they were enjoying it.” - Douglas Adams.

Comment

Well of course. We all know that women everywhere go around having indiscriminate sex with every passing man and deal with the inconvenient consequences by murdering the resultant baby.
              It would not surprise me in the least if you "knew" that. Nobody else is making any such claim.

"reluctant baby"? wow
              The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                It would not surprise me in the least if you "knew" that. Nobody else is making any such claim.

"reluctant baby"? wow
                Psst! He said 'resultant' not 'reluctant'....

deal with the inconvenient consequences by murdering the resultant baby.
                It was the only part he got right...
                "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

"Forgiveness is the way of love." Gary Chapman

My Personal Blog

My Novella blog (Current Novella Begins on 7/25/14)

Quill Sword

Comment

• Originally posted by Teallaura View Post
                  Psst! He said 'resultant' not 'reluctant'....
                  Ah, makes more sense.

It was the only part he got right...
                  Yeah, that's probably what threw me!

Comment

• About Sex:
                    Originally posted by Tassman View Post
                    About Abortion:
                    Originally posted by Tassman View Post
                    I very much doubt many women terminate pregnancies for mere “convenience”. It is a major decision for most women and not one undertaken casually or irresponsibly.
                    If only women [and men] would place as much importance on "having sex" as you claim they do in murdering the resulting baby!

Comment

• Originally posted by JimL View Post
                      Nobody is forcing you to interact with me OBP, so I guess that makes you full of bull, right?
                      That does not follow, Jim. That I'd rather interact with someone who put forth more effort does not imply that I'm unwilling to interact with you.
                      Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
                      sigpic
                      I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

• We have tons of restrictions in Denmark, 12th week is the final cut-off point, beyond that arguments have to be made for why an abortion has to take place anyway (rape, health of mother etc). Also the abortions have to take place in hospitals by competent surgeons. Of course our universal health care pays for the latter, but demands of professionalism and a cut-off point are not unreasonable.

Comment

Your erroneous assumption seems to be that people want to go around killing infants and fetuses.
                          So what do you call it when they talk about celebrating doing just that?
                          Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                          Nope. They now think they're something to be celebrated.
                          Among certain elements it is virtually becoming a sacrament.

Earlier this year Planned Parenthood was able to gather 20 religious leaders to bless their newest center in Washington D.C. built next to an Elementary school. The president and CEO of Planned Parenthood of Metropolitan Washington gushed, "In almost every message to our staff, I talk about our doing sacred work. This confirms the sacredness of the work we do." Providing abortions (and let's not kid ourselves, in spite of their protests to the contrary, that is pretty much PP's primary activity) is "sacred work" for these people.

And about the same time the TV show Degrassi: Next Class in an episode called "#IRegretNothing" has a 16 year old going to an abortion clinic where one of her friends says "Making that difficult choice and standing up for it? You’re courageous! We should go out and celebrate!" And they all go out to celebrate by having ice cream. They call it celebrating a second time when one proclaims that they're going "To celebrate Lola’s bravery!" Yeah real brave, killing a defenseless unborn baby. Maybe she should get a medal.

As an aside, the girl who had the abortion remarks that she doesn't feel sad about aborting her baby to which one of her classmates adds "A lot of women have abortions and feel no shame," and goes on to cite rapper Nicki Minaj as one celebrity who had an abortion while still in High School. What is left out is that in 2014 Minaj told Rolling Stone magazine that this decision has "haunted me all my life." Darn those pesky details.

Two years ago there was a piece in the Huffington Post urging women to celebrate Mother's Day with abortion. Talk about the world turned upside down. Since then others have celebrated Valentine's Day with abortion such as TeenVogue.com which posted a "What to Get a Friend Post-Abortion" guide including this (crass and crude warning to those who click on it). And the Vegan website VegWeb.com was promoting a "Valentine’s Day Sale" for abortion pills.

And the entire #ShoutYourAbortion movement is little more than an effort to celebrate abortions.

And do you remember in 2008 how Hillary Clinton proclaimed at a campaign event that she thought abortion should be "safe, legal and rare, and by rare I mean rare." But the reality of the situation is that some really are not interested in the rare part and see a decrease in abortions as being a bad thing.

Case in point, in a tweet earlier this week Cosmopolitan magazine, a long time major advocate for abortions, lamented an increase of babies born in Texas after that state defunded organizations, such as Planned Parenthood, that provide abortions.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]28870[/ATTACH]

The link in the tweet goes to a Cosmo story about a study conducted by the Texas Policy Evaluation Project at University of Texas Austin which found a 1.9% "increase in the birthing rate in counties that once had state-funded Planned Parenthood clinics." And as can be seen by the accompanying sad-face emoji in the tweet Cosmo thinks that people having more babies and less abortions is a negative result.

So much for "safe, legal and rare" -- or at least for the last part. But then what can you expect from a magazine that last year started a campaign trying to get women to say how great abortions are (#ShoutYourAbortion). After all, why would you want to make something that is so positive a rare thing?

Adrift added that he was "Surprised to see that you skipped over Lena Dunham's podcast last year [2016] when she claimed that she wished she could have an abortion as a stand of solidarity for women's rights."
                          Planned Parenthood of the Rocky Mountains, located in Las Vegas, Nevada (Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid's turf) gave its Aurua, Colorado abortion clinic an award for increasing the number of babies killed in abortions.

Source: Planned Parenthood Gives Clinic Award for 'Exceeding Abortion Visits' of Previous Year

Proving once and for all that Planned Parenthood's business is abortion, Planned Parenthood of the Rocky Mountains gave its Aurora abortion clinic an award certificate for "exceeding abortion visits [in the] first half of FY12 compared to the first half of FY13."

Planned Parenthood of the Rocky Mountains is the 2nd largest Planned Parenthood facility in the U.S.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]28871[/ATTACH]

The picture of the award was snapped by a former worker who saw it posted on a bulletin board in Denver. The board displays awards satellite clinics have earned.

The award challenged the Planned Parenthood worker's thinking, since it showed that clinics were given abortion "quotas" to meet, and that this particular clinic had "exceeded" expectations and received an award for doing so.

From a blog post by Abby Johnson, former Planned Parenthood director turned pro-life advocate:

Ever since I left Planned Parenthood, I have been talking about the abortion quotas that are established inside abortion facilities. Many abortion supporters refused to believe it, citing that surely Planned Parenthood wants abortion to be safe, legal and RARE. If they want something to be RARE, they certainly wouldn't have quotas, right?

Planned Parenthood had a net revenue of $1.21 billion last year, and received $540.6 million in U.S. taxpayer funding.

Source

© Copyright Original Source

So much for wanting to make abortions rare but safe and legal when you award clinics for increasing the number of abortions
                          Another one to add to the mix.

Michelle Wolf, the host of Netflix's "The Break with Michelle Wolf" (where she recently asked her audience the question "Are You Sort Of Hoping We Don't Get Peace With North Korea So You Wouldn't Have To Give Trump Credit?" and 71% said "yes") devoted a portion of her 4th of July episode celebrating abortions (calling it a "Salute to Abortion") shouting "God bless abortions and God bless America." She talked at length about how women have the unique ability to create life and then cheered on the idea that they should terminate those lives.

Attached Files

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                          "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                          "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

• Originally posted by Leonhard View Post
                            We have tons of restrictions in Denmark, 12th week is the final cut-off point, beyond that arguments have to be made for why an abortion has to take place anyway (rape, health of mother etc). Also the abortions have to take place in hospitals by competent surgeons. Of course our universal health care pays for the latter, but demands of professionalism and a cut-off point are not unreasonable.
                            Even if you don't accept that life begins at conception, the fact that there is both a heartbeat (between 5˝ and 7 weeks) and brain activity (6 to 6˝ weeks) indicates that at 12 weeks they are snuffing out a life

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                            "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                            "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

• To be honest, ignoring the various other reasons I dislike the decision, it would be nice if Roe v Wade weren't around simply so that every supreme court nomination didn't turn into a question of "but how would they rule in upholding/overturning Roe v Wade????"

If people want to debate about the merits or lack thereof in abortions, let them do it in their state legislatures rather than when nominating justices.
                              Last edited by Terraceth; 07-15-2018, 11:02 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                                So what do you call it when they talk about celebrating doing just that?
                                Yet another Rogue ‘Proof by Verbosity’ argument, with carefully selected quotes strung together to make your case seem overwhelming. But you are conflating political victories in retaining abortion rights (against the opposition of judgemental people like you) with personal feelings of women who choose to terminate pregnancies. Women do not generally speaking go around celebrating the termination of their fetus. It is a difficult decision for just about any woman to make. Sympathy for them and their difficult decisions is more appropriate than callously attacking them.
                                “He felt that his whole life was a kind of dream and he sometimes wondered whose it was and whether they were enjoying it.” - Douglas Adams.

Comment