Announcement

Collapse

Rec Room Guidelines

In the Rec Room we share jokes, interesting stories, and speculate about trout's manties. Serve up some Spam in many different flavors and sizes, and just take some time off from study and have fun.

If you need to refresh yourself on the decorm, now would be a good time. Forum Rules: here
See more
See less

Which is the best fictional city ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which is the best fictional city ?

Tirion upon Tuna, the city of the Elves, of course

Paris and London!

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

Hobbiton.

bag end.jpg
      I am Punkinhead.

"I have missed you, Oh Grand High Priestess of the Order of the Stirring Pot"

~ Cow Poke aka CP aka Creacher aka ke7ejx's apprentice....

Comment

You guys don't get my reference, do you.

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

For something completely different...

Sigil: City of Doors

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
          "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
          "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
            For something completely different...

Sigil: City of Doors

[ATTACH=CONFIG]28651[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=CONFIG]28652[/ATTACH]
            Never heard of that one.
            I am Punkinhead.

Comment

Originally posted by mossrose View Post
              You guys don't get my reference, do you.
              'fraid not, love. Meds kicked in.
              I am Punkinhead.

Comment

Originally posted by ke7ejx View Post
                Never heard of that one.
                It is a city that connects to all worlds and planes from the Planescape (D&D) game

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by ke7ejx View Post
                  'fraid not, love. Meds kicked in.

Tale of Two Cities. Charles Dickens.

Even though they are real cities, the novel is fictitious.

Comment

Originally posted by mossrose View Post
                    Tale of Two Cities. Charles Dickens.

Even though they are real cities, the novel is fictitious.

"It was the best of times, it was the worst of times, it was the age of wisdom, it was the age of foolishness, it was the epoch of belief, it was the epoch of incredulity, it was the season of Light, it was the season of Darkness, it was the spring of hope, it was the winter of despair, we had everything before us, we had nothing before us, we were all going direct to Heaven, we were all going direct the other way"

When we had to read it in High School we wasted nearly an entire week as the teacher tried to explain that to two particularly dense students

Comment

"It was the best of times, it was the worst of times, it was the age of wisdom, it was the age of foolishness, it was the epoch of belief, it was the epoch of incredulity, it was the season of Light, it was the season of Darkness, it was the spring of hope, it was the winter of despair, we had everything before us, we had nothing before us, we were all going direct to Heaven, we were all going direct the other way"

When we had to read it in High School we wasted nearly an entire week as the teacher tried to explain that to two particularly dense students
                      Well, we know he had to deal with you, but who was your friend?

Comment

Best beginning sentence in literature, and best ending sentence in literature, as well.

Comment

Dog River.
                          ~ Russell ("MelMak")

"[Sing] and [make] melody in your heart to the Lord." -- Ephesians 5:19b

Fight spam!

Comment

I thought of the opening to A Tale of Two Cities in the thread awhile back about an author who was claiming that Proverbs contradicts itself because of back to back proverbs stating the opposite thing. Nobody says that Dickens is contradicting himself...
                            "I am not angered that the Moral Majority boys campaign against abortion. I am angry when the same men who say, "Save OUR children" bellow "Build more and bigger bombers." That's right! Blast the children in other nations into eternity, or limbless misery as they lay crippled from "OUR" bombers! This does not jell." - Leonard Ravenhill

Comment

Originally posted by KingsGambit View Post
                              I thought of the opening to A Tale of Two Cities in the thread awhile back about an author who was claiming that Proverbs contradicts itself because of back to back proverbs stating the opposite thing. Nobody says that Dickens is contradicting himself...
                              I heard this in today's sermon, don't know who said it. It was quoted without a reference.

"You don't reject scripture because it contradicts itself. You reject scripture because it contradicts you".

I think that's true. But perhaps for another thread............

Comment