Announcement

Collapse

Christianity 201 Guidelines

orthodox Christians only.

Discussion on matters of general mainstream evangelical Christian theology that do not fit within Theology 201. Have some spiritual gifts ceased today? Is the KJV the only viable translation for the church today? In what sense are the books of the bible inspired and what are those books? Church government? Modern day prophets and apostles?

This forum is primarily for Christians to discuss matters of Christian doctrine, and is not the area for debate between atheists (or those opposing orthodox Christianity) and Christians. Inquiring atheists (or sincere seekers/doubters/unorthodox) seeking only Christian participation and having demonstrated a manner that does not seek to undermine the orthodox Christian faith of others are also welcome, but must seek Moderator permission first. When defining “Christian” or "orthodox" for purposes of this section, we mean persons holding to the core essentials of the historic Christian faith such as the Trinity, the Creatorship of God, the virgin birth, the bodily resurrection of Christ, the atonement, the future bodily return of Christ, the future bodily resurrection of the just and the unjust, and the final judgment. Persons not holding to these core doctrines are welcome to participate in the Comparative Religions section without restriction, in Theology 201 as regards to the nature of God and salvation with limited restrictions, and in Christology for issues surrounding the person of Christ and the Trinity. Atheists are welcome to discuss and debate these issues in the Apologetics 301 forum without such restrictions.

Additionally and rarely, there may be some topics or lines of discussion that within the Moderator's discretion fall so outside the bounds of mainstream orthodox doctrine (in general Christian circles or in the TheologyWeb community) or that deny certain core values that are the Christian convictions of forum leadership that may be more appropriately placed within Unorthodox Theology 201. NO personal offense should be taken by such discretionary decision for none is intended. While inerrancy is NOT considered a requirement for posting in this section, a general respect for the Bible text and a respect for the inerrantist position of others is requested.

The Tweb rules apply here like they do everywhere at Tweb, if you haven't read them, now would be a good time.

Forum Rules: Here
See more
See less

Trophy Game Hunting...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trophy Game Hunting...

Why? Just why!

'MY DREAM HUNT' American game hunter sparks outrage after slaughtering rare black giraffe on South African hunt

NINTCHDBPICT000417567973.jpg

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/667394...-south-africa/
    Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Giving God Glory for STUPID things...

Apparently, TTT killed this rare black giraffe bull about a year ago, but this story is circulating again...

She is giving God the credit (again, apparently) for guiding her to shoot this giraffe.

I hate it when somebody gives God the glory for doing something stupid.

god glory for killing giraffe.jpg

Tess Thompson Talley, from Kentucky, posted photos of herself posing with the creature she slaughtered in South Africa online about a year ago.

The photos show Talley, from Kentucky, standing proudly next to a dead giraffe bull.

Her caption read: "Prayers for my once in a lifetime dream hunt came true today! Spotted this rare black giraffe bull and stalked him for quite a while. I knew it was the one.

"He was over 18 years old, 4000lbs and was blessed to be able to get 2000lbs of meat from him.”

Moderated By: CP

I took the liberty of merging my thread with Seer's, started a few minutes before mine.

***If you wish to take issue with this notice DO NOT do so in this thread.***
    Contact the forum moderator or an administrator in Private Message or email instead. If you feel you must publicly complain or whine, please take it to the Padded Room unless told otherwise.

Last edited by Cow Poke; 07-02-2018, 01:50 PM.
    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Yeah like I bet that giraffe really put up a fight.

I believe in hunting (for food), and in thanking God, but I don't see God in this kind of hunting. She mentions 2000 lbs of meat, so maybe she did something good with it afterward, but still, I see this as senseless. Her purpose was not food, it was pleasure in killing a rare animal for a photo op.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
        Yeah like I bet that giraffe really put up a fight.

I believe in hunting (for food), and in thanking God, but I don't see God in this kind of hunting. She mentions 2000 lbs of meat, so maybe she did something good with it afterward, but still, I see this as senseless. Her purpose was not food, it was pleasure in killing a rare animal for a photo op.
        And 2,000 lbs of meat from an 18 year old animal? I think that was just a very weak attempt to justify this idiocy.

And, yeah, hunting for food, particularly where the population of the hunted is not endangered.....
        The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
          And 2,000 lbs of meat from an 18 year old animal? I think that was just a very weak attempt to justify this idiocy.

And, yeah, hunting for food, particularly where the population of the hunted is not endangered.....
          Yeah I have friends who go deer hunting, but that is regulated and controlled. Deer can get overpopulated and starve so it makes sense to hunt them. It provides food and sport. I don't support people who just hunt for trophies though. Sure you can mount a deer head but not if you are just going after the antlers and not the food. And I don't think I could hunt a deer. I have hunted squirrels and rabbits before. And I like to fish. But hunting just to show off is wrong.

If she just wanted a photo op, it would have been much nicer to take a photo with a live giraffe, and showed more courage.

Comment

10418386_1501327136769022_9075471646725488964_n.jpg
            When I Survey....

Comment

But the shooter is a woman, so it will likely be determined to be ok.

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

Originally posted by Faber View Post
                [ATTACH=CONFIG]28669[/ATTACH]
                What's the fine for killing extinct animals?

Comment

Originally posted by mikewhitney View Post
                  What's the fine for killing extinct animals?
                  It's fine with me.
                  When I Survey....

Comment

Yeah I have friends who go deer hunting, but that is regulated and controlled. Deer can get overpopulated and starve so it makes sense to hunt them. It provides food and sport. I don't support people who just hunt for trophies though. Sure you can mount a deer head but not if you are just going after the antlers and not the food. And I don't think I could hunt a deer. I have hunted squirrels and rabbits before. And I like to fish. But hunting just to show off is wrong.

If she just wanted a photo op, it would have been much nicer to take a photo with a live giraffe, and showed more courage.
                    The problem with deer hunting is they don't cull the old and sick but go after the biggest, healthiest specimens.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                    "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                      The problem with deer hunting is they don't cull the old and sick but go after the biggest, healthiest specimens.
                      The older the buck the more points on the antlers.

Comment

The older the buck the more points on the antlers.
                        When I moved to Georgia I was taken aback by how many people who had the head of a deer they shot mounted on the wall that were two and four pointers.

Moreover the style of hunting was entirely different. I learned to track down a deer. To look for the signs of one in the area and stalk it holding my fire until I had a sure kill using a high powered rifle. Here, deer "hunting" meant putting out salt licks, climbing a tree into a stand with a six pack or two and using a shotgun with a slug to shoot the deer wherever when it came up to the salt lick (usually well within 50' of the stand).

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                        "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                        "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

'Hunting' isn't a sport unless the deer has an uzi and knows how to use it.

I'm of the opinion that only professional culls should be allowed - not idiots so intent on killing something that they will shoot at practically anything from any angle, no matter how ridiculous.

Y'all wanna 'hunt'? There's a few million constrictors that Florida needs to get rid of - go hunt those.
                          "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

"Forgiveness is the way of love." Gary Chapman

My Personal Blog

My Novella blog (Current Novella Begins on 7/25/14)

Quill Sword

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                            When I moved to Georgia I was taken aback by how many people who had the head of a deer they shot mounted on the wall that were two and four pointers.

Moreover the style of hunting was entirely different. I learned to track down a deer. To look for the signs of one in the area and stalk it holding my fire until I had a sure kill using a high powered rifle. Here, deer "hunting" meant putting out salt licks, climbing a tree into a stand with a six pack or two and using a shotgun with a slug to shoot the deer wherever when it came up to the salt lick (usually well within 50' of the stand).
                            Pretty sure baiting is illegal in most states.

Comment

When I was 12 my brother and I accompanied my father and one of his friends to a small hunting lodge in Pennsylvania where we got snowed in after an unexpected storm. The rule of the lodge was that you restocked it with whatever you used before you left (there was a town about 10 away) but whoever used it last left absolutely nothing. Like old Mother Hubbard we found that the cupboard was bare. In hindsight we shoulda brought some supplies "just in case." Well, if we wanted to eat anything for the next three days we had to put some meat on the table.

While the others got two squirrels and a rabbit (not much left of either when you use a .30-30) I brought down a 10 pointer using a .270 Weatherby Magnum) after separating from them. My father was furious when I returned but was quickly silenced when he discovered what I did. In fact he gifted me the rifle.
                              Last edited by rogue06; 07-02-2018, 03:09 PM.

Comment