Announcement

Collapse

Prayer Requests and Praise Reports Guidelines

Post your prayers, your words of encouragement, edification and help to another in this thread.

This area is strictly non-debate, all faiths or non-faiths are allowed.

Please keep in mind the rules: here
See more
See less

Thai Soccer Team

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thai Soccer Team

At this time the 13 people (coach and boys) are alive in a cavern. Rescuers are working on how to get them out. Apparently the boys don't swim? (Heard this from TV.)

https://www.yahoo.com/news/found-ali...4449--sow.html
    Watch your links! http://www.theologyweb.com/campus/fa...corumetiquette

GREAT news!!!

Chiang Rai, Thailand (CNN)Thais reacted with relief and jubilation after rescue teams reported that they'd found all 12 boys and their soccer coach alive in a cave in Thailand nine days after the group went missing.
    Rescuers at the scene outside Chiang Rai in northern Thailand cheered, exchanged high fives and slapped each others' backs as it emerged that British cave divers had made contact with the boys deep withing the cave complex, after navigating tight, flooded passages to reach them.
    The Thai Navy released a video on Facebook apparently showing the moment the group were found. In the almost 5-minute clip, the boys are illuminated by torchlight while a diver can be heard speaking to them.
    In the tape of the encounter, one of the British rescuers asks, in English, how many were in the group. Thirteen, the boys report. "Thirteen, brilliant!" the diver replies -- the number accounts for the entire missing party.
    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Thank God.

Comment

Originally posted by DesertBerean View Post
        At this time the 13 people (coach and boys) are alive in a cavern. Rescuers are working on how to get them out. Apparently the boys don't swim? (Heard this from TV.)

https://www.yahoo.com/news/found-ali...4449--sow.html
        Even if they can swim, it sounds like a dicey proposition to get them out safely after having been trapped that long.
        Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
        sigpic
        I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

Originally posted by One Bad Pig View Post
          Even if they can swim, it sounds like a dicey proposition to get them out safely after having been trapped that long.
          Besides that, apparently, they'd have to swim submerged in total darkness to get from one air pocket to the next, with no idea how long that swim would be, or if it would result in anything beneficial.

I'm sure this is gonna be a book and/or movie!
          The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

it may take months before they get out. I think this is based on getting to the end of the seasonal flooding.

The rescuers take 3 hours to get from the cave entrance to the kids.

Comment

Some comments on one of the stories asked if they could bring in a drill like they did for those miners in..Brazil wasn't it? I wonder. It IS monsoon season down there.

Comment

Here's a link I found. Drilling may be a bad idea. Their best option may be to stay put!

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-44691457

Comment

They may try to begin getting them out tonight if this can be done safely.
                  https://www.cnn.com/world/live-news/...cue/index.html

Comment

Oh goodness!

Comment

The youths are being trained in some basic skin diving stuff so far. But the main goal is to try draining the water.

Also, if an airhole can be discovered nearby the youth, then it could be possible to drill down to them.

Also, there is an attempt to get internet access, via fiber optic cable, to them in order to support communications with the family.

Can you imagine that there are still caves with no internet access yet?

Comment

Originally posted by mikewhitney View Post
                        The youths are being trained in some basic skin diving stuff so far. But the main goal is to try draining the water.

Also, if an airhole can be discovered nearby the youth, then it could be possible to drill down to them.

Also, there is an attempt to get internet access, via fiber optic cable, to them in order to support communications with the family.

Can you imagine that there are still caves with no internet access yet?
                        I heard on my drive home that efforts to pump some of the water out ended up dumping the water right back in.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                        "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                        "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                          I heard on my drive home that efforts to pump some of the water out ended up dumping the water right back in.
                          sure. it can be difficult to know where the water may reenter the cave.
                          Last edited by mikewhitney; 07-05-2018, 02:30 PM.

Comment

One of the rescue party died a couple of days ago, low oxygen levels in some caves, rescue is very difficult operation expected to take about 3 days, narrow water filled passages and at least one sharp bend. Fingers crossed.
                            “I think God, in creating man, somewhat overestimated his ability.” ― Oscar Wilde
                            “And if there were a God, I think it very unlikely that He would have such an uneasy vanity as to be offended by those who doubt His existence” ― Bertrand Russell
                            “not all there” - you know who you are

Comment

Originally posted by firstfloor View Post
                              One of the rescue party died a couple of days ago, low oxygen levels in some caves, rescue is very difficult operation expected to take about 3 days, narrow water filled passages and at least one sharp bend. Fingers crossed.
                              Rescuers have begun the mission to extract the 12 boys and their coach. A team of 18 divers went into the cave at 10 am Thai time with the first of the youths expected to emerge around 9 pm...it's currently 4.45 pm Thai time here as I type.. There's very little else they can do, given that the oxygen levels are seriously dropping and the monsoonal rains are expected in earnest within days. Any talk of drilling down from the top was really out of the question...the caves are at a depth of two Empire State buildings stacked on top of each other and there are no roads etc in the jungle above the caves to truck in equipment. I must say I've been very impressed with the spirit of the boys...one can only hope that it will all end well.
                              “He felt that his whole life was a kind of dream and he sometimes wondered whose it was and whether they were enjoying it.” - Douglas Adams.

Comment