Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Pro-Abortion Women Start ‘Sex Strike’ To Save ‘Roe v. Wade’

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by firstfloor View Post
    Of course, if Roe v Wade is abolished, it does not mean that abortions will end, just that they will be done illegally.
    That canard has been thoroughly debunked. IF there are any illegally done ones, they will be rare, you know... the way you idiots lie and say you want abortions done.

This is a project to criminalise women and control them
    So, laws against killing others is an effort to criminalize people? My God man... how do you breathe on your own?

- the religioso’s number one fetish.
    Protecting the innocent. Dang skippy it is.

We already know the depth of their hatred by they way they gleefully separate undocumented ILLEGALLY PRESENT children from their mothers
    FIFY. You're welcome!

– laid on with relish by Trump, Pence and Sessions for the entertainment of the faithful base.
    As opposed to the zero consequence leftist idiots like you... I'll take personal responsibility over liberal idiocy any day.
    That's what
    - She

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals
    - Manya the Holy Szin (The Quintara Marathon)

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
    - Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

Originally posted by Bill the Cat View Post
      That canard has been thoroughly debunked. IF there are any illegally done ones, they will be rare, you know... the way you idiots used to lie and say you want abortions done.
      fify - they no longer claim the "rare" part.
      The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
        fify - they no longer claim the "rare" part.
        Nope. They now think they're something to be celebrated.
        Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
        Among certain elements it is virtually becoming a sacrament.

Earlier this year Planned Parenthood was able to gather 20 religious leaders to bless their newest center in Washington D.C. built next to an Elementary school. The president and CEO of Planned Parenthood of Metropolitan Washington gushed, "In almost every message to our staff, I talk about our doing sacred work. This confirms the sacredness of the work we do." Providing abortions (and let's not kid ourselves, in spite of their protests to the contrary, that is pretty much PP's primary activity) is "sacred work" for these people.

And about the same time the TV show Degrassi: Next Class in an episode called "#IRegretNothing" has a 16 year old going to an abortion clinic where one of her friends says "Making that difficult choice and standing up for it? You’re courageous! We should go out and celebrate!" And they all go out to celebrate by having ice cream. They call it celebrating a second time when one proclaims that they're going "To celebrate Lola’s bravery!" Yeah real brave, killing a defenseless unborn baby. Maybe she should get a medal.

As an aside, the girl who had the abortion remarks that she doesn't feel sad about aborting her baby to which one of her classmates adds "A lot of women have abortions and feel no shame," and goes on to cite rapper Nicki Minaj as one celebrity who had an abortion while still in High School. What is left out is that in 2014 Minaj told Rolling Stone magazine that this decision has "haunted me all my life." Darn those pesky details.

Two years ago there was a piece in the Huffington Post urging women to celebrate Mother's Day with abortion. Talk about the world turned upside down. Since then others have celebrated Valentine's Day with abortion such as TeenVogue.com which posted a "What to Get a Friend Post-Abortion" guide including this (crass and crude warning to those who click on it). And the Vegan website VegWeb.com was promoting a "Valentine’s Day Sale" for abortion pills.

And the entire #ShoutYourAbortion movement is little more than an effort to celebrate abortions.

And do you remember in 2008 how Hillary Clinton proclaimed at a campaign event that she thought abortion should be "safe, legal and rare, and by rare I mean rare." But the reality of the situation is that some really are not interested in the rare part and see a decrease in abortions as being a bad thing.

Case in point, in a tweet earlier this week Cosmopolitan magazine, a long time major advocate for abortions, lamented an increase of babies born in Texas after that state defunded organizations, such as Planned Parenthood, that provide abortions.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]28737[/ATTACH]

The link in the tweet goes to a Cosmo story about a study conducted by the Texas Policy Evaluation Project at University of Texas Austin which found a 1.9% "increase in the birthing rate in counties that once had state-funded Planned Parenthood clinics." And as can be seen by the accompanying sad-face emoji in the tweet Cosmo thinks that people having more babies and less abortions is a negative result.

So much for "safe, legal and rare" -- or at least for the last part. But then what can you expect from a magazine that last year started a campaign trying to get women to say how great abortions are (#ShoutYourAbortion). After all, why would you want to make something that is so positive a rare thing?

Adrift added that he was "Surprised to see that you skipped over Lena Dunham's podcast last year [2016] when she claimed that she wished she could have an abortion as a stand of solidarity for women's rights."
        Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
        Planned Parenthood of the Rocky Mountains, located in Las Vegas, Nevada (Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid's turf) gave its Aurua, Colorado abortion clinic an award for increasing the number of babies killed in abortions.

Source: Planned Parenthood Gives Clinic Award for 'Exceeding Abortion Visits' of Previous Year

Proving once and for all that Planned Parenthood's business is abortion, Planned Parenthood of the Rocky Mountains gave its Aurora abortion clinic an award certificate for "exceeding abortion visits [in the] first half of FY12 compared to the first half of FY13."

Planned Parenthood of the Rocky Mountains is the 2nd largest Planned Parenthood facility in the U.S.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]28738[/ATTACH]

The picture of the award was snapped by a former worker who saw it posted on a bulletin board in Denver. The board displays awards satellite clinics have earned.

The award challenged the Planned Parenthood worker's thinking, since it showed that clinics were given abortion "quotas" to meet, and that this particular clinic had "exceeded" expectations and received an award for doing so.

From a blog post by Abby Johnson, former Planned Parenthood director turned pro-life advocate:

Ever since I left Planned Parenthood, I have been talking about the abortion quotas that are established inside abortion facilities. Many abortion supporters refused to believe it, citing that surely Planned Parenthood wants abortion to be safe, legal and RARE. If they want something to be RARE, they certainly wouldn't have quotas, right?

Planned Parenthood had a net revenue of $1.21 billion last year, and received $540.6 million in U.S. taxpayer funding.

Source

© Copyright Original Source

So much for wanting to make abortions rare but safe and legal when you award clinics for increasing the number of abortions
        Attached Files
        Last edited by rogue06; 07-06-2018, 02:29 PM.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
        "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
        "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

I suspect that illegal abortions wouldn't be "rare" by any means, as they were fairly commonplace even before abortion was widely legal. That's irrelevant to the pro-life position; even a small dip in the abortion rate would constitute a net win.
          "I am not angered that the Moral Majority boys campaign against abortion. I am angry when the same men who say, "Save OUR children" bellow "Build more and bigger bombers." That's right! Blast the children in other nations into eternity, or limbless misery as they lay crippled from "OUR" bombers! This does not jell." - Leonard Ravenhill

Comment

Originally posted by KingsGambit View Post
            I suspect that illegal abortions wouldn't be "rare" by any means, as they were fairly commonplace even before abortion was widely legal. That's irrelevant to the pro-life position; even a small dip in the abortion rate would constitute a net win.
            Um, the only illegal abortions that would arguably be 'common' were done by physicians, not the back alley, coat hanger horrors that abortion proponents claim.

And I highly doubt we'd see much of a return - only abortion clinics get away with the low level of supervision for a surgical procedure. A doctor's office would have to meet the current clinical requirements for an in office procedure - making it much less financially attractive.

Might see an uptick in idiots that think Tide is an abortifaceant, I suppose - the internet isn't always a good thing.
            "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

"Forgiveness is the way of love." Gary Chapman

My Personal Blog

My Novella blog (Current Novella Begins on 7/25/14)

Quill Sword

Comment

Originally posted by Teallaura View Post
              Um, the only illegal abortions that would arguably be 'common' were done by physicians, not the back alley, coat hanger horrors that abortion proponents claim.
              I know. Quite a few jurisdictions were willing to look the other way, such as how many do today with marijuana. I'm not naive enough to think that wouldn't be the case in any number of larger cities in a hypothetical post-Roe state that chose to ban abortion.
              "I am not angered that the Moral Majority boys campaign against abortion. I am angry when the same men who say, "Save OUR children" bellow "Build more and bigger bombers." That's right! Blast the children in other nations into eternity, or limbless misery as they lay crippled from "OUR" bombers! This does not jell." - Leonard Ravenhill

Comment

They certainly "wouldn't be rare", the situation would revert to what it was before to Roe v Wade. And while Public health records do not bear out the backyard coat hanger abortions, “most women lived in cities and towns where they had a decent chance of finding competent doctors, midwives, chiropractors, and others who did abortions outside of the law. Many performed this procedure day in and day out, often with the full knowledge of police who understood the public health benefits of having a decent provider in town.

But debunking the “back-alley” myth doesn’t mean the criminal era was not profoundly harmful to women.

https://www.vox.com/first-person/201...ennedy-retires
                Last edited by Tassman; 07-06-2018, 11:52 PM.
                “He felt that his whole life was a kind of dream and he sometimes wondered whose it was and whether they were enjoying it.” - Douglas Adams.

Comment

Originally posted by Teallaura View Post

And I highly doubt we'd see much of a return - only abortion clinics get away with the low level of supervision for a surgical procedure. A doctor's office would have to meet the current clinical requirements for an in office procedure - making it much less financially attractive.

Might see an uptick in idiots that think Tide is an abortifaceant, I suppose - the internet isn't always a good thing.
                  More than that the pro-abortion side deliberately fabricated statistics concerning illegal abortions in order to garner support. For instance Bernard Nathanson, co-founder in 1969 of the National Association for the Repeal of Abortion Laws (NARAL) and one time director of New York City’s Center for Reproductive and Sexual Health (who later found God and became a very vocal Pro-Life supporter) exposed how the pro-abortion movement made up figures concerning the number of deaths linked to illegal abortions. He noted that they constantly fed the media the lie that 10,000 women a year died as a result of botched illegal abortion when in fact it was but a tiny fraction of that (in 1972, the year prior to Roe v. Wade, 28 deaths were reported from illegal abortions).

Those fabricated statistics are still repeated in pro-abortion circles.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                  "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                  "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

I know. Quite a few jurisdictions were willing to look the other way, such as how many do today with marijuana. I'm not naive enough to think that wouldn't be the case in any number of larger cities in a hypothetical post-Roe state that chose to ban abortion.
                    Municipalities might - insurance companies wouldn't. A severe complication in a substandard outpatient setting - even if it really wasn't the doctor's fault (somehow - those standards do exist for a reason) - would translate into an incredible liability and no chance in heck of winning the malpractice case. Neither doctors nor insurance companies are likely to risk this in the current 'it blinked, let's sue it' climate. And it's REALLY expensive to comply with outpatient surgical standards - which is why those are usually done in hospital based or stand alone facilities designed for the purpose.

The quickie abortion in the office exam room is very much a thing of the long past - milking stools have a better chance of a comeback right now.
                    "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

"Forgiveness is the way of love." Gary Chapman

My Personal Blog

My Novella blog (Current Novella Begins on 7/25/14)

Quill Sword

Comment

Originally posted by Tassman View Post
                      But debunking the “back-alley” myth doesn’t mean the criminal era was not profoundly harmful to women.
                      Of course, the abortion, legal or not, is always profoundly harmful to the unborn baby.
                      The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by firstfloor View Post
                        Of course, if Roe v Wade is abolished, it does not mean that abortions will end, just that they will be done illegally.
                        If abortions still happen anyway then no need to use tax payers moneys to fund the clinics. They can do it themselves.
                        “I didn’t go to religion to make me happy. I always knew a bottle of Port would do that. If you want a religion to make you feel really comfortable, I certainly don’t recommend Christianity.” - C.S. Lewis

Comment

Gun control proponents (which I'm not looking to debate here) can understand the logic here. They know that murder will never go away completely but hope that gun control will make it harder to commit murder. That's what we have in mind here. Maybe you can go get a back alley abortion, but we want to make it as hard as possible.

Comment

Of course, the abortion, legal or not, is always profoundly harmful to the unborn baby.
                            What about the mother, does she not have any rights?

Roe v Wade balances the rights of the mother with those of the fetus based upon the decision that a woman's right to terminate her pregnancy came under the freedom of personal choice in family matters as protected by the 14th Amendment. To this end it created the "trimester" system that allowed the right to an abortion in the first three months of pregnancy and greatly restricted it in the last trimester as the fetus nears the point where it could live outside the womb.

A reasonable balance I would have thought.
                            “He felt that his whole life was a kind of dream and he sometimes wondered whose it was and whether they were enjoying it.” - Douglas Adams.

Comment

Originally posted by Tassman View Post
                              What about the mother, does she not have any rights?
                              Ah, the good ol' "mother shouldn't be inconvenienced for her poor choices, so let's kill the baby" argument. Brilliant.

Comment

Ah, the good ol' "mother shouldn't be inconvenienced for her poor choices, so let's kill the baby" argument. Brilliant.
                                So the mother has no rights at all, this is what you are saying. She must be punished for her "poor choices". So Evangelical!!!

What about not "inconveniencing the mother "for her poor choices" in rape, incest, clear evidence of severe fetal deformity, and carefully ascertained evidence of the likelihood of damage to the emotional, mental, and physical health of the mother? Why do you give an innate fetus of less than three months more rights than the mother?

Comment