Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

We need a break from 'Murican politics!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• We need a break from 'Murican politics!

Let's do Canadian, instead!

This just in:

Trudeau "says" he apologized 18 years ago for groping a woman at a music concert in BC.

And his comment the young woman "was not entirely comfortable with the interaction" is so disgusting.

https://torontosun.com/news/national...th-interaction

It will all be forgotten and shovelled under the rug with the other Liberal crap he spews on a daily basis.

I hope that woman sues him for all he's worth.

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

P.S.

No American politics allowed in this thread!

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

But Canada is part of North America
      "I am not angered that the Moral Majority boys campaign against abortion. I am angry when the same men who say, "Save OUR children" bellow "Build more and bigger bombers." That's right! Blast the children in other nations into eternity, or limbless misery as they lay crippled from "OUR" bombers! This does not jell." - Leonard Ravenhill

Comment

Originally posted by KingsGambit View Post
        But Canada is part of North America

You knew what I meant.

Comment

Originally posted by mossrose View Post
          Let's do Canadian, instead!

This just in:

Trudeau "says" he apologized 18 years ago for groping a woman at a music concert in BC.

And his comment the young woman "was not entirely comfortable with the interaction" is so disgusting.

https://torontosun.com/news/national...th-interaction

It will all be forgotten and shovelled under the rug with the other Liberal crap he spews on a daily basis.

I hope that woman sues him for all he's worth.
          I was just getting ready to start a thread on this myself...

It looks like Justin Trudeau, he of the condenscending costumes and wandering eyebrow is having a bit of a #MeToo moment.

Rose Knight, a former reporter, accused the Canadian Prime Minister of having groped her 18 years ago at a British Columbian charity music festival that she was covering. Trudeau repeatedly denied that the incident took place declaring last Sunday that "I remember that day in Creston well. I had a good day that day. I don’t remember any negative interactions that day."

But yesterday he admitted that he apologized to Knight shortly after the incident saying that he "apologized in the moment" but did not detail what this apology entailed. According to an editorial in the Creston Valley Advance published back in 2000 he allegedly told her that "I'm sorry. If I had known you were reporting for a national paper, I never would have been so forward."

Now Trudeau says "I’ve been reflecting very carefully on what I remember from that incident almost 20 years ago. I do not feel that I acted inappropriately in any way. But I respect the fact that someone else might have experienced that differently." Sounds like the typical politician's non-apology apology essentially blaming the victim for feeling the way they do for something the politician did.

Supporters have rallied around Trudeau reminding folks that he has repeatedly declared himself to be a feminist, championing the cause of women’s rights and gender equality. Trudeau himself has been reminding everyone of his history of working on "issues around sexual assault."

This all sounds eerily familiar to what was said about the now disgraced former Senator Al Franken. Fortunately for Trudeau no photos of him creepily leering at a camera as he reaches out to fondle a sleeping woman's breasts has emerged and the accuser has said she has no interest in pursuing the matter adding that "The debate, if it continues, will continue without my involvement."

Further Reading:

Trudeau: I apologised to reporter behind groping claim

Woman who accused Trudeau of groping breaks her silence

Trudeau Denies Groping Reporter but Says Accuser Might Have Felt Uncomfortable

JUSTIN TRUDEAU GROPING INCIDENT: PRIME MINISTER ACKNOWLEDGES HE APOLOGIZED TO REPORTER
          Last edited by rogue06; 07-06-2018, 09:37 PM.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
          "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
          "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

P.S.

No American politics allowed in this thread!

Canada is our 51st state - you just don't know it yet...
            Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
              I was just getting ready to start a thread on this myself...

It looks like Justin Trudeau, he of the condenscending costumes and wandering eyebrow is having a bit of a #MeToo moment.

Rose Knight, a former reporter, accused the Canadian Prime Minister of having groped her 18 years ago at a British Columbian charity music festival that she was covering. Trudeau repeatedly denied that the incident took place declaring last Sunday that "I remember that day in Creston well. I had a good day that day. I don’t remember any negative interactions that day."

But yesterday he admitted that he apologized to Knight shortly after the incident saying that he "apologized in the moment" but did not detail what this apology entailed. According to an editorial in the Creston Valley Advance published back in 2000 he allegedly told her that "I'm sorry. If I had known you were reporting for a national paper, I never would have been so forward."

Now Trudeau says "I’ve been reflecting very carefully on what I remember from that incident almost 20 years ago. I do not feel that I acted inappropriately in any way. But I respect the fact that someone else might have experienced that differently." Sounds like the typical politician's non-apology apology essentially blaming the victim for feeling the way they do for something the politician did.

Supporters have rallied around Trudeau reminding folks that he has repeatedly declared himself to be a feminist, championing the cause of women’s rights and gender equality. Trudeau himself has been reminding everyone of his history of working on "issues around sexual assault."

This all sounds eerily familiar to what was said about the now disgraced former Senator Al Franken. Fortunately for Trudeau no photos of him creepily leering at a camera as he reaches out to fondle a sleeping woman's breasts has emerged and the accuser has said she has no interest in pursuing the matter adding that "The debate, if it continues, will continue without my involvement."

Further Reading:

Trudeau: I apologised to reporter behind groping claim

Woman who accused Trudeau of groping breaks her silence

Trudeau Denies Groping Reporter but Says Accuser Might Have Felt Uncomfortable

JUSTIN TRUDEAU GROPING INCIDENT: PRIME MINISTER ACKNOWLEDGES HE APOLOGIZED TO REPORTER
              You do a much better job than I!

Comment

You do a much better job than I!
                PLEASE don't encourage him!
                The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

I just need a break from politics altogether. Politics were invented by the devil.
                  ~ Russell ("MelMak")

"[Sing] and [make] melody in your heart to the Lord." -- Ephesians 5:19b

Fight spam!

Comment

Originally posted by The Melody Maker View Post
                    I just need a break from politics altogether. Politics were invented by the devil.
                    We certainly do need a theocracy.

Comment

main-qimg-79c5dca93055f863c8354420b03ba1cc.jpg

Comment

Did it?

Comment

Originally posted by Terraceth View Post
                          Did it?

I have heard nothing else about it in any media. Mind you, I have taken to not watching/listening to news anymore. I can't stand seeing anything about Trudeau, don't even want to hear his voice.

And I can't stand the media crap about Trump in every single story.

So I just don't pay much attention to news anymore. Surely I was the last person on the planet to hear about the Thai scouts, and I read it here first.

Comment

It looks like Ontario has scraped their "basic income" experiment less than half way through its slated run. Moochers and their enablers are outraged.

Source: PC's plan to scrap Ontario basic income pilot project called 'shameful' by NDP leader

Planned 3% increase to welfare and disability support to be cut in half

The Ontario basic income pilot project is coming to an end, says Children, Community and Social Services Minister Lisa MacLeod.

MacLeod said Tuesday that the project was expensive, and "clearly not the answer for Ontario families."

She said the ministry would have "more details at a later date" about how the government would end the project.

Close to 4,000 people were enrolled in the basic income pilot program in Thunder Bay, Lindsay, Hamilton, Brantford and Brant County.

The pilot project started in April 2017. It was originally set to last three years, and explore the effectiveness of providing a basic income to those living on low incomes — whether they were working or not.

Under the project, a single person could have received up to about $17,000 a year, minus half of any income he or she earned. A couple could have received up to $24,000 per year. People with disabilities could have received an additional $6,000.

During the announcement, MacLeod was asked what data the province was citing when it said the program wasn't working. MacLeod didn't offer any examples, and instead just said it was "not sustainable."

She said her government will end the program "ethically" for anyone who is currently enrolled. She did not say how long participants could expect their payments to continue.

The announcement prompted shock and anger among many who rely on the the project and felt they'd been lied to.

Dave Cherkewski is one of about 1,000 Hamiltonians who received guaranteed income.

"I'm in shock," he said, reacting to news of the cancellation. "I had a three-year plan and now it's gone."

Provincial NDP Leader Andrea Horwath told CBC News that the government's decision is "highly irresponsible."

She said too many people in Ontario are already struggling to find affordable housing and feed their families.

"And this callous, mean-spirited premier sees this as a priority? Making poverty worse? Making life worse for families? Absolutely disgraceful. Shameful," she said.

"It is a waste. It's a crying shame, and I'm just so distraught — and I know the people who are going to be affected by this are beside themselves."

Guelph MPP Mike Schreiner, who is the Green Party leader, similarly slammed the cuts in a statement.

"Ontario's social assistance programs are not working," he said. "The most efficient and effective way to reduce poverty and government bureaucracy is to experiment with new solutions such as the basic Income guarantee pilot program."

Prior to the election, the PCs had indicated they would see the program through to its conclusion.

"We look forward to seeing the results," spokesperson Melissa Lantsman said in an email to CBC News back in May.

MacLeod also announced Tuesday that the province's PC government will increase rates for people on Ontario Works and the Ontario Disability Support Program by 1.5 per cent — not the three per cent increase that was promised in the previous Liberal government's latest budget.

"We need to do more than just help people remain mired in poverty," MacLeod said while making the announcement at Queen's Park.

"We're going to hit the pause button on the previous government's patchwork system and replace it with a system that helps stabilize people in need and support them to succeed."

MacLeod said the province has set a 100-day deadline to develop and announce a "sustainable" social assistance program.

Source

© Copyright Original Source

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                            "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                            "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                              It looks like Ontario has scraped their "basic income" experiment less than half way through its slated run. Moochers and their enablers are outraged.

Source: PC's plan to scrap Ontario basic income pilot project called 'shameful' by NDP leader

Planned 3% increase to welfare and disability support to be cut in half

The Ontario basic income pilot project is coming to an end, says Children, Community and Social Services Minister Lisa MacLeod.

MacLeod said Tuesday that the project was expensive, and "clearly not the answer for Ontario families."

She said the ministry would have "more details at a later date" about how the government would end the project.

Close to 4,000 people were enrolled in the basic income pilot program in Thunder Bay, Lindsay, Hamilton, Brantford and Brant County.

The pilot project started in April 2017. It was originally set to last three years, and explore the effectiveness of providing a basic income to those living on low incomes — whether they were working or not.

Under the project, a single person could have received up to about $17,000 a year, minus half of any income he or she earned. A couple could have received up to $24,000 per year. People with disabilities could have received an additional $6,000.

During the announcement, MacLeod was asked what data the province was citing when it said the program wasn't working. MacLeod didn't offer any examples, and instead just said it was "not sustainable."

She said her government will end the program "ethically" for anyone who is currently enrolled. She did not say how long participants could expect their payments to continue.

The announcement prompted shock and anger among many who rely on the the project and felt they'd been lied to.

Dave Cherkewski is one of about 1,000 Hamiltonians who received guaranteed income.

"I'm in shock," he said, reacting to news of the cancellation. "I had a three-year plan and now it's gone."

Provincial NDP Leader Andrea Horwath told CBC News that the government's decision is "highly irresponsible."

She said too many people in Ontario are already struggling to find affordable housing and feed their families.

"And this callous, mean-spirited premier sees this as a priority? Making poverty worse? Making life worse for families? Absolutely disgraceful. Shameful," she said.

"It is a waste. It's a crying shame, and I'm just so distraught — and I know the people who are going to be affected by this are beside themselves."

Guelph MPP Mike Schreiner, who is the Green Party leader, similarly slammed the cuts in a statement.

"Ontario's social assistance programs are not working," he said. "The most efficient and effective way to reduce poverty and government bureaucracy is to experiment with new solutions such as the basic Income guarantee pilot program."

Prior to the election, the PCs had indicated they would see the program through to its conclusion.

"We look forward to seeing the results," spokesperson Melissa Lantsman said in an email to CBC News back in May.

MacLeod also announced Tuesday that the province's PC government will increase rates for people on Ontario Works and the Ontario Disability Support Program by 1.5 per cent — not the three per cent increase that was promised in the previous Liberal government's latest budget.

"We need to do more than just help people remain mired in poverty," MacLeod said while making the announcement at Queen's Park.

"We're going to hit the pause button on the previous government's patchwork system and replace it with a system that helps stabilize people in need and support them to succeed."

MacLeod said the province has set a 100-day deadline to develop and announce a "sustainable" social assistance program.

Source

© Copyright Original Source

They ran out of OPM.

Comment