Announcement

Collapse

Health Science 101 Guidelines

Greetings! Welcome to Health Science.

Here's where we talk about the latest fad diets, the advantages of vegetarianism, the joy of exercise and good health. Like everywhere else at Tweb our decorum rules apply.

This is a place to exchange ideas and network with other health conscience folks, this isn't a forum for heated debate.
See more
See less

natural reTREAT

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• natural reTREAT

Summary:

Living close to nature and spending time outside has significant and wide-ranging health benefits -- according to new research. A new report reveals that exposure to greenspace reduces the risk of type II diabetes, cardiovascular disease, premature death, preterm birth, stress, and high blood pressure.

Must be why I'm so healthy for an old fart!
    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
      Must be why I'm so healthy for an old fart!
      [brag]I'm off to my daily 10 mile ravine walk, right now.[/brag]

Comment

What's that you say, sonny? You gotta walk TEN MILES to the latrine????
        The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
          What's that you say, sonny? You gotta walk TEN MILES to the latrine????
          Remember how we had to crawl -- crawl mind you (no effete walking for us, no sir) -- 20 miles, uphill both going and coming back, through the snow in blistering 90 degree heat for that? And there was no latrine, just a tangled mess of rusty barbwire.

Kids today just don't know how good they got it. smiley old.gif

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
          "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
          "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by Scrawly View Post
            Summary:

Living close to nature and spending time outside has significant and wide-ranging health benefits -- according to new research. A new report reveals that exposure to greenspace reduces the risk of type II diabetes, cardiovascular disease, premature death, preterm birth, stress, and high blood pressure.
            A new study says we didn't need a new study to know this.

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
              Remember how we had to crawl -- crawl mind you (no effete walking for us, no sir) -- 20 miles, uphill both going and coming back, through the snow in blistering 90 degree heat for that? And there was no latrine, just a tangled mess of rusty barbwire.

Kids today just don't know how good they got it. [ATTACH=CONFIG]28764[/ATTACH]
              Keep in mind the ravine-walk in only the beginning; then there's push-ups in the park, tree-climbing, and jumping and twirling under the starlight.

Comment

Originally posted by JimL View Post
                A new study says we didn't need a new study to know this.
                We all knew nature was good for us, Jim. Did we all know it was THIS good? Would you be able to officially pinpoint the specific health benefits without the aid of this new study? That's rhetorical, Jim.

Comment

Keep in mind the ravine-walk in only the beginning; then there's push-ups in the park, tree-climbing, and jumping and twirling under the starlight.
                  The importance of the twirling can not be over emphasized.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                  "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                  "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Summary:

Never left nature.
                    Glendower: I can call spirits from the vasty deep.
                    Hotspur: Why, so can I, or so can any man;
                    But will they come when you do call for them? Shakespeare’s Henry IV, Part 1, Act III:

go with the flow the river knows . . .

Frank

I do not know, therefore everything is in pencil.

Comment

I only browse the organic internet.

Comment

widgetinstance 221 (Related Threads) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                      Working...
                      X