Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 11

Thread: natural reTREAT

  1. #1
    tWebber
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Faith
    Christian
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,200
    Amen (Given)
    501
    Amen (Received)
    340

    natural reTREAT

    Summary:

    Living close to nature and spending time outside has significant and wide-ranging health benefits -- according to new research. A new report reveals that exposure to greenspace reduces the risk of type II diabetes, cardiovascular disease, premature death, preterm birth, stress, and high blood pressure.

  2. #2
    See, the Thing is... Cow Poke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    The Republic of Texas
    Faith
    Christian
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    44,534
    Amen (Given)
    9589
    Amen (Received)
    21756
    Must be why I'm so healthy for an old fart!

    1 Tim 2:5 For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus.

  3. Amen Scrawly amen'd this post.
  4. #3
    tWebber
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Faith
    Christian
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,200
    Amen (Given)
    501
    Amen (Received)
    340
    Quote Originally Posted by Cow Poke View Post
    Must be why I'm so healthy for an old fart!
    [brag]I'm off to my daily 10 mile ravine walk, right now.[/brag]


  5. #4
    See, the Thing is... Cow Poke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    The Republic of Texas
    Faith
    Christian
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    44,534
    Amen (Given)
    9589
    Amen (Received)
    21756
    What's that you say, sonny? You gotta walk TEN MILES to the latrine????

    1 Tim 2:5 For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus.

  6. Amen Scrawly amen'd this post.
  7. #5
    Evolution is God's ID rogue06's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Southeastern U.S. of A.
    Faith
    Christian
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    42,532
    Amen (Given)
    929
    Amen (Received)
    16114
    Quote Originally Posted by Cow Poke View Post
    What's that you say, sonny? You gotta walk TEN MILES to the latrine????
    Remember how we had to crawl -- crawl mind you (no effete walking for us, no sir) -- 20 miles, uphill both going and coming back, through the snow in blistering 90 degree heat for that? And there was no latrine, just a tangled mess of rusty barbwire.

    Kids today just don't know how good they got it. smiley old.gif

    I'm always still in trouble again

    "You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" -- starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)

  8. Amen Scrawly amen'd this post.
  9. #6
    tWebber
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Faith
    Agnostic
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    10,399
    Amen (Given)
    1284
    Amen (Received)
    1285
    Quote Originally Posted by Scrawly View Post
    Summary:

    Living close to nature and spending time outside has significant and wide-ranging health benefits -- according to new research. A new report reveals that exposure to greenspace reduces the risk of type II diabetes, cardiovascular disease, premature death, preterm birth, stress, and high blood pressure.
    A new study says we didn't need a new study to know this.

  10. Amen Scrawly, Jedidiah amen'd this post.
  11. #7
    tWebber
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Faith
    Christian
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,200
    Amen (Given)
    501
    Amen (Received)
    340
    Quote Originally Posted by rogue06 View Post
    Remember how we had to crawl -- crawl mind you (no effete walking for us, no sir) -- 20 miles, uphill both going and coming back, through the snow in blistering 90 degree heat for that? And there was no latrine, just a tangled mess of rusty barbwire.

    Kids today just don't know how good they got it. smiley old.gif
    Keep in mind the ravine-walk in only the beginning; then there's push-ups in the park, tree-climbing, and jumping and twirling under the starlight.

  12. Amen Cow Poke amen'd this post.
  13. #8
    tWebber
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Faith
    Christian
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,200
    Amen (Given)
    501
    Amen (Received)
    340
    Quote Originally Posted by JimL View Post
    A new study says we didn't need a new study to know this.
    We all knew nature was good for us, Jim. Did we all know it was THIS good? Would you be able to officially pinpoint the specific health benefits without the aid of this new study? That's rhetorical, Jim.

  14. Amen Cow Poke amen'd this post.
  15. #9
    Evolution is God's ID rogue06's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Southeastern U.S. of A.
    Faith
    Christian
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    42,532
    Amen (Given)
    929
    Amen (Received)
    16114
    Quote Originally Posted by Scrawly View Post
    Keep in mind the ravine-walk in only the beginning; then there's push-ups in the park, tree-climbing, and jumping and twirling under the starlight.
    The importance of the twirling can not be over emphasized.

    I'm always still in trouble again

    "You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" -- starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)

  16. #10
    tWebber shunyadragon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Hillsborough, NC
    Faith
    Agnostic
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    13,014
    Amen (Given)
    1279
    Amen (Received)
    880
    Quote Originally Posted by Scrawly View Post
    Summary:

    Living close to nature and spending time outside has significant and wide-ranging health benefits -- according to new research. A new report reveals that exposure to greenspace reduces the risk of type II diabetes, cardiovascular disease, premature death, preterm birth, stress, and high blood pressure.
    Never left nature.
    Glendower: I can call spirits from the vasty deep.
    Hotspur: Why, so can I, or so can any man;
    But will they come when you do call for them? Shakespeare’s Henry IV, Part 1, Act III:

    go with the flow the river knows . . .

    Frank

    I do not know, therefore everything is in pencil.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •