Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Safe and Legal Abortions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Tassman View Post
    "Murder of the unborn" has only been "unacceptable" to Evangelicals less than 50 years.
    Murder of the unborn has been unacceptable to society for much longer than that. It may have only been recently that Evangelicals took a stand on the issue.

The left is (as are you) demonstrating extreme hypocrisy for claiming to be "for the children", except the ones who haven't quite made it out of the birth channel yet.

The left USED to defend the weakest of the weak, and the poor and the frail. Now they want them butchered.
    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by One Bad Pig View Post
      Derp. I was talking about Christians, Tassman.
      Derp. "It is generally believed" is not specific to christians unless you stipulate as much.

Comment

Originally posted by JimL View Post
        Derp. "It is generally believed" is not specific to christians unless you stipulate as much.
        If you actually follow the discussion, you'll see that Tassman referenced EVANGELICALS, and a "religious argument".

The elephant in the room, something rarely mentioned, is the Evangelical belief that the zygote is a human person with an immortal soul. This is what the fuss is about under the guise that it's a scientific argument. It's not. It's a religious argument.
        Zym asked for clarification....

Originally posted by Zymologist View Post
        Could you reference someone stating this belief, please?
        And OBP interjected...

Originally posted by One Bad Pig View Post
        Well, it IS generally believed that the soul is created at the moment of conception, and therefore killing a fetus is murder. However, killing an adult is wrong for the exact same religious reason. By Tassman's 'reasoning' he should reject laws against murder.
        OBP refers to Tassman's reasoning, which was concerning EVANGELICALS - Christians.
        The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
          Murder of the unborn has been unacceptable to society for much longer than that. It may have only been recently that Evangelicals took a stand on the issue.

The left is (as are you) demonstrating extreme hypocrisy for claiming to be "for the children", except the ones who haven't quite made it out of the birth channel yet.

The left USED to defend the weakest of the weak, and the poor and the frail. Now they want them butchered.
          Still can't seem to get it through your head that we pro choicers disagree with you about the the nature of the fetus, can you? The point is that we both agree that once born they are certainly human beings, and yes, with respect to those people, we on the left support a government that cares for the least amongst us, and you on the right do not support such a government. That makes you pseudo christians on the right the hypocrites, not those of us on the left.

Comment

Still can't seem to get it through your head that we pro choicers disagree with you about the the nature of the fetus, can you?
            You are forced to in order to rationalize the "right" to kill it.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
            "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
            "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
              If you actually follow the discussion, you'll see that Tassman referenced EVANGELICALS, and a "religious argument".

Zym asked for clarification....

And OBP interjected...

OBP refers to Tassman's reasoning, which was concerning EVANGELICALS - Christians.
              Don't try to defend him, CP. What he clearly stated was that "it is generally believed."

Comment

Still can't seem to get it through your head that we pro choicers disagree with you about the the nature of the fetus, can you?
                I am CRYSTAL CLEAR that you guys disagree, and are wrong, on this, Jim. I don't know why you can't grasp that.

The point is that we both agree that once born they are certainly human beings,
                And, before they pass through the birth canal, they're what.... guppies?

and yes, with respect to those people, we on the left support a government that cares for the least amongst us,
                Arrogant hypocrites that you are, however, ONLY if they have passed through a birth canal.

and you on the right do not support such a government.
                Actually, I think you've pooped out this lie so often you actually believe it, but you're wrong.

That makes you pseudo christians on the right the hypocrites, not those of us on the left.
                Just keep repeating that over and over, and click your heels three times....

Comment

Don't try to defend him, CP. What he clearly stated was that "it is generally believed."
                  CONTEXT, Jim --- you always love to ignore the CONTEXT.

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                    You are forced to in order to rationalize the "right" to kill it.
                    So you believe.

Comment

So you believe.
                      A baby is no less a human being 10 seconds before passing through the birth canal than it is 10 seconds after. Those are the facts, Jack. The ONLY reason you guys have to "rename" the baby is so you can justify killing him/her.

Comment

What I clearly stated was equally clear in context. That you need to ignore context to make your point is instructive.
                        Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
                        sigpic
                        I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

"SOME Christians", I said.
                          You are congenitally unable to let someone have the last word, aren't you? There was no need for you to repeat a fact not in dispute.
                          Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
                          sigpic
                          I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment