Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Safe and Legal Abortions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by seer View Post
    So killing babies in the womb is funny to you? I guess that is all we need to know about your moral compass...
    Uh - no. What he thinks is funny is the apparent hypocrisy as it relates to caring for children as evidenced by on the one hand supporting the Trump Administration's separation of children from their parents at the border and subsequent bungling of their reunification while on the other saying you care deeply about the fate of the unborn. He has a point*.

Jim

*Oops - sorry: I see you deny supporting that policy - so then in your case he does not have a point :)

However, there are others for whom the point does apply.
    Last edited by oxmixmudd; 07-11-2018, 10:37 AM.
    My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

Originally posted by oxmixmudd View Post
      Uh - no. What he thinks is funny is the hypocrisy as it relates to caring for children as evidenced by on the one hand supporting the Trump Administration's separation of children from their parents at the border and subsequent bungling of their reunification while on the other saying you care deeply about the fate of the unborn. He has a point.

Jim
      Whereas it was addressed at ME, and he's totally wrong in his assumptions, no, he does not have a point.
      The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
        Whereas it was addressed at ME, and he's totally wrong in his assumptions, no, he does not have a point.
        We are in a time warp. I adjusted my reply after I saw your other reply which was before this reply made before you saw my adjustment ... :)

JIm
        My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

Uh - no. What he thinks is funny is the apparent hypocrisy as it relates to caring for children as evidenced by on the one hand supporting the Trump Administration's separation of children from their parents at the border and subsequent bungling of their reunification while on the other saying you care deeply about the fate of the unborn. He has a point*.

Jim

*Oops - sorry: I see you deny supporting that policy - so then in your case he does not have a point :)

However, there are others for whom the point does apply.
          OK...
          Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

We are in a time warp. I adjusted my reply after I saw your other reply which was before this reply made before you saw my adjustment ... :)

JIm
            The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

I don't just "deny supporting the policy" - I actually don't support it. I think - and I have said this here numerous times - that the border is a hot mess that neither side really understands, and both sides use for political gain. I believe NEITHER side wants to actually solve the problem, because it's useful as a political football, which, to me, is a total disgrace.

I spent ten years as a facilities guy for a gas compression company that had installations all along the Texas border with Mexico - I've seen this up close for quite a while, and even I don't pretend to understand it. The Mexican drug cartels absolutely have a big hand in it, and both US political parties seem to do their best to exploit it....

I think I know what Trump was intending to do, but, in his own inimitable way, IMOHBAO, he just poked the hornets' nest.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                Only you and starlight would think that's so funny.
                What is hilarious is your hysterical, drama-queeny equating the termination of innate fetuses with living children children being ripped from the arms of their parents and then lost by the incompetent and heartless Trump administration.

You are one sick....
                Standard Evangelical judgementalism by our very own CP. I expect nothing less.

That's an outright lie.
                A) I have not defended Trump's removal of children from the parents except in cases where they are victims of child sex trafficking
                You voted for him, so man up and live with the consequences of your ill-thought out actions.

2) I would like you to present a single case of a child being "ripped" from the arms of their parents. Just ONE!
                Three thousand were removed from the arms of their desperate parents. Do you think they were handed over willingly?

What a freakin' dramaqueen! (Your dramaqueenery is on display here, there is no hypocrisy in my position)
                It reeks of hypocrisy...innate fetuses in the womb to be protected at all costs as compared with innocent little children separated from their parents as a cynically calculated, stated government policy.

I think children should always be with their own family when unless it's not safe for them to be so.
                But they're not are they. And this is because of the policies enacted by the moral reprobate you voted into power...along with the other 81% of white Evangelicals.
                “He felt that his whole life was a kind of dream and he sometimes wondered whose it was and whether they were enjoying it.” - Douglas Adams.

Comment

Originally posted by Tassman View Post
                  What is hilarious is your hysterical, drama-queeny ...
                  You're mad cause I'm encroaching on your territory? Awwwwww

Comment

See this argument doesn't quite work in my country, abortions here are considered a medical service and are performed in a hospital through the persons universal healthcare. They're very safe. At least as safe as an invasive procedure like that ever gets to the woman (to the child its fatal of course).

Comment

Originally posted by Leonhard View Post
                      See this argument doesn't quite work in my country, abortions here are considered a medical service and are performed in a hospital through the persons universal healthcare. They're very safe. At least as safe as an invasive procedure like that ever gets to the woman (to the child its fatal of course).
                      Same as in Australia.
                      “He felt that his whole life was a kind of dream and he sometimes wondered whose it was and whether they were enjoying it.” - Douglas Adams.

Comment

(to the child its fatal of course).
                        This is sort of the whole point why we believe that abortions generally shouldn't be legal.
                        Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
                        sigpic
                        I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

Originally posted by One Bad Pig View Post
                          This is sort of the whole point why we believe that abortions generally shouldn't be legal.
                          You're preaching to the choir here.

Comment

to the child its fatal of course
                            Abortion is never carried out on children. All the fuss over abortion is a result of people not knowing anything about it.
                            “I think God, in creating man, somewhat overestimated his ability.” ― Oscar Wilde
                            “And if there were a God, I think it very unlikely that He would have such an uneasy vanity as to be offended by those who doubt His existence” ― Bertrand Russell
                            “not all there” - you know who you are

Comment

Originally posted by firstfloor View Post
                              Abortion is never carried out on children. All the fuss over abortion is a result of people not knowing anything about it.
                              I don't think it's so much "people not knowing anything about it" as it is liberals absolutely refusing to understand that they are destroying human life. They're not ignorant or stupid - they're evil.

Comment

Originally posted by firstfloor View Post
                                A child in the womb is still a child. Then you have those like Peter Singer, and Starlight on this very forum who think "after birth abortion", aka infanticide, should be legal.

Comment