Announcement

Collapse

Prayer Requests and Praise Reports Guidelines

Post your prayers, your words of encouragement, edification and help to another in this thread.

This area is strictly non-debate, all faiths or non-faiths are allowed.

Please keep in mind the rules: here
See more
See less

Notifications

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Notifications

That's what they call it when, as Police Chaplain, you have to inform a father of three children that his wife is never coming home again.

She was found dead in her car in the parking lot where she worked as a waitress, apparently carbon monoxide poisoning, unknown as yet whether it was intentional. Looks like it probably was.

And the screams of the children as they were told mommy is never coming home again.

Please pray for a young dad, and his three kids, 7, 9 and 11, who will never again see their mommy alive.
    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

An accident is one thing but when someone like that takes their life the survivors will forever be haunted by question of whether there was something they could have done and even whether it was somehow their fault. That seems especially true for children.
    Last edited by rogue06; 07-08-2018, 08:11 PM.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
    "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

I still wonder sometimes if there is something we could have done to prevent my brother from committing suicide at the age of 33. And that was 25 years ago.

Praying for this family, CP.

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

I do not envy your job on these cases one bit, CP.
        "The man from the yacht thought he was the first to find England; I thought I was the first to find Europe. I did try to found a heresy of my own; and when I had put the last touches to it, I discovered that it was orthodoxy."
        GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

Death notifications are hard no matter what the circumstance. But suicides may be the worst! Praying!
          "What has the Church gained if it is popular, but there is no conviction, no repentance, no power?" - A.W. Tozer

"... there are two parties in Washington, the stupid party and the evil party, who occasionally get together and do something both stupid and evil, and this is called bipartisanship." - Everett Dirksen

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Littlejoe View Post
              Death notifications are hard no matter what the circumstance. But suicides may be the worst! Praying!
              Obviously, I won't be able to refer to many details, but suffice it to say that the husband is already expressing grief that he and his wife "hadn't been getting along so well, lately".
              The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                Obviously, I won't be able to refer to many details, but suffice it to say that the husband is already expressing grief that he and his wife "hadn't been getting along so well, lately".
                Yeah, and it'll eat him up if he doesn't get some sort of counseling to help him through it. Hopefully he has a pastor?

The ones that are close to the suicides are those that get in a fight and one of them leaves obviously still angry and fatally crashes. Same guilt issue there...may be in some cases worse.
                "What has the Church gained if it is popular, but there is no conviction, no repentance, no power?" - A.W. Tozer

"... there are two parties in Washington, the stupid party and the evil party, who occasionally get together and do something both stupid and evil, and this is called bipartisanship." - Everett Dirksen

Comment

Originally posted by Littlejoe View Post
                  Yeah, and it'll eat him up if he doesn't get some sort of counseling to help him through it. Hopefully he has a pastor?

The ones that are close to the suicides are those that get in a fight and one of them leaves obviously still angry and fatally crashes. Same guilt issue there...may be in some cases worse.
                  He says they stopped going to Church about a year ago (which probably means 2 or 3) but I know the Pastor of the Church where they supposedly attended, so I can do some back channel...

Comment

As more information comes in - it was TWO people found dead in the car - the woman and her supposed boyfriend. So TWO families are forever impacted by this.

Still unclear if it was intentional suicide, or if they were talking, fell asleep.... engine had been running.

Comment

As more information comes in - it was TWO people found dead in the car - the woman and her supposed boyfriend. So TWO families are forever impacted by this.

Still unclear if it was intentional suicide, or if they were talking, fell asleep.... engine had been running.
                      In a parking lot? How does that much CO build up in a running car in an open parking lot? Does exhaust naturally seep in somehow?
                      Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
                      sigpic
                      I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

Originally posted by One Bad Pig View Post
                        In a parking lot? How does that much CO build up in a running car in an open parking lot? Does exhaust naturally seep in somehow?
                        There are a lot of things about this whole situation that just don't add up. I'm being careful only to refer to that which is public information - like the newspaper article that was just released. Lots of details missing, but it quotes the officer as saying... and I quote... "There's no need for public alarm - there's nothing to worry about. We don't have a mad killer running around".

Comment

There are a lot of things about this whole situation that just don't add up. I'm being careful only to refer to that which is public information - like the newspaper article that was just released. Lots of details missing, but it quotes the officer as saying... and I quote... "There's no need for public alarm - there's nothing to worry about. We don't have a mad killer running around".
                          Okay, that's just bizarre

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                          "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                          "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                            Okay, that's just bizarre
                            It's why police departments have official spokespersons, one of which this officer was not.

What he was TRYING to get across is that it was, by all latest accounts, accidental death. There is no reason to believe it was suicide or homicide - the car was old and the engine had apparently been running for a long time, and the two occupants were apparently sleeping.

While intending to instill calm, he raised the question of "a mad killer running around". Yeah, pretty bizarre, and you can bet he'll be "talked to".

Comment

Originally posted by One Bad Pig View Post
                              Turns out it was an old car, bad exhaust, rusty floorboard, no wind, and they parked back in an area that was surrounded by shrubs and bushes.

Comment