Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Hillary in 2020!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
    TDS extremus persisticus?
    Right CP, Derangement Syndrome, a phrase coined by the very conservative Charles Krauthammer who was himself no supporter of Trump.

"I used to think Trump was an 11 year old, an undeveloped schoolyard bully. I was off by 10 years.
    His needs are more primitive, an infantile hunger for approval and praise, a craving that can never be satisfied.
    He lives in a cocoon of solipsism where the world outside himself has value, indeed exists, only insofar as it sustains and inflates him."

I think that Krauthammer would think it yourselves that have Trump derangment syndrome, only in the reverse, in your inability see him for what he is.

Comment

• Originally posted by JimL View Post
      I think that Krauthammer would think it yourselves that have Trump derangment syndrome, only in the reverse, in your inability see him for what he is.
      A) Krauthammer is no longer with us.
      2) It's 'derangement', not 'derangment'. (is that like somebody unringing a bell? They "derang" it?)
      C) You left out "to" in that last sentence fragment.
      4) You don't have a clue what solipsism is without looking it up.

Bless your heart.
      The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Right CP, Derangement Syndrome, a phrase coined by the very conservative Charles Krauthammer who was himself no supporter of Trump.

"I used to think Trump was an 11 year old, an undeveloped schoolyard bully. I was off by 10 years.
        His needs are more primitive, an infantile hunger for approval and praise, a craving that can never be satisfied.
        He lives in a cocoon of solipsism where the world outside himself has value, indeed exists, only insofar as it sustains and inflates him."

A big difference between being opposed to Trump and hopping about squawking and screaming "TRAITOR!" and "Impeach! Impeach!" at the drop of the hat.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
        "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
        "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

• Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
          A big difference between being opposed to Trump and hopping about squawking and screaming "TRAITOR!" and "Impeach! Impeach!" at the drop of the hat.
          "Hopping about squawking and screaming?" Who is hopping about or screaming? I'm accussing him of treason and believe he should be impeached before he does any more damage to democracy here and around the world.
          Obviously that is not something that concerns you conservatives. Actually I think you rather like the idea of a strongman, a dictator, a daddy figure, until he turns on you that is.

Comment

That latter part kinda sounds like some kind of derangment [sic] syndrome.
            The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

"Hopping about squawking and screaming?" Who is hopping about or screaming? I'm accussing him of treason and believe he should be impeached before he does any more damage to democracy here and around the world.
              Obviously that is not something that concerns you conservatives. Actually I think you rather like the idea of a strongman, a dictator, a daddy figure, until he turns on you that is.
              Yup, classic derangment [sic] syndrome.

Comment

You just answered your own question

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

You just answered your own question
                  What, that you like a strongman dictator type of daddy figure to lead you?

Comment

Your evidence for this assertion is...
                    "The man from the yacht thought he was the first to find England; I thought I was the first to find Europe. I did try to found a heresy of my own; and when I had put the last touches to it, I discovered that it was orthodoxy."
                    GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

Was that the question you asked?

Comment

Was that the question you asked?
                        Jim, lemme help you out a little. A 'question' generally ends with one of them thar '?' thingies. Look at your post below, and I'll even bold the 'question' part.

Originally posted by JimL View Post

Comment

• Originally posted by Leonhard View Post
                          Before we anoint Trump with comparisons to David, and sanctify him like that, I'd like to note that this would also be true of pretty much any leader in the history of the world.

That being said I can understand people here getting excited of at least getting within spitting distance of a repeal or reform of Roe vs Wade. Though so far I'm not too impressed with their rulings. Their rulings in the cake case more or less meant that if it happened again the decision would fall out in favor of the gays

Colour me cynical, but I've lived in Denmark where the pro-life danes have shrunk to such a small group that we have zero influence. We're just shouting in the desert.

Pretty sure he was talking about Balaam's donkey, not David.

Comment

• Originally posted by Charles View Post
                            Since I never used the expression before Trump trusted Putin over his own intelligence services I think you missed the point. Who actually used the broad brush in this case?
                            You did - following after Jim.

I notice you make no mention thereafter of the retraction - so I presume you stand by this? A misstatement becomes treason? Because if that's so, Obama and Clinton both qualify under that absurd logic.
                            "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

"Forgiveness is the way of love." Gary Chapman

My Personal Blog

My Novella blog (Current Novella Begins on 7/25/14)

Quill Sword

Comment

• Originally posted by Teallaura View Post
                              You did - following after Jim.

I notice you make no mention thereafter of the retraction - so I presume you stand by this? A misstatement becomes treason? Because if that's so, Obama and Clinton both qualify under that absurd logic.
                              Can you please show me where I used it? I am rather uncertain what to make of the "misstatement" thing. It is a rather convenient thing to suddenly realize after a lot of criticism that "ooops I misspoke". And it seems he is starting to contradict the intelligence services again.
                              Last edited by Charles; 07-18-2018, 02:39 PM.
                              "Yes. President Trump is a huge embarrassment. And it’s an embarrassment to evangelical Christianity that there appear to be so many who will celebrate precisely the aspects that I see Biblically as most lamentable and embarrassing." Southern Baptist leader Albert Mohler Jr.

Comment

• Originally posted by Charles View Post
                                Can you please show me where I used it? I am rather uncertain what to make of the "misstatement" thing. It is a rather convenient thing to suddenly realize after a lot of criticism that "ooops I misspoke". And it seems he is starting to contradict the intelligence services again.
                                Oh, so Trump can't recant only a day or so later? That's idiotic - I'd see it if he dug in and didn't recant for months but within a day or two? that's far more likely to be a misstatement - and if you didn't rabidly hate the guy, you would probably see it.

The recant destroys your treason argument - if he were deliberately committing treason, he wouldn't call it back so fast.

And you're still left with Obama and Clinton in the same treason boat - with far more reason to be there based on this absurd logic.
                                Last edited by Teallaura; 07-18-2018, 02:50 PM.
                                "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

"Forgiveness is the way of love." Gary Chapman

My Personal Blog

My Novella blog (Current Novella Begins on 7/25/14)

Quill Sword

Comment