Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Hillary in 2020!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Teallaura View Post
    Oh, so Trump can't recant only a day or so later? That's idiotic - I'd see it if he dug in and didn't recant for months but within a day or two? that's far more likely to be a misstatement - and if you didn't rabidly hate the guy, you would probably see it.

The recant destroys your treason argument - if he were deliberately committing treason, he wouldn't call it back so fast.

And you're still left with Obama and Clinton in the same treason boat - with far more reason to be there based on this absurd logic.
    A day is quite a long time when media everywhere is filled with news and comments on the statement he made. He must have been aware immediately after how people reacted to it. It does not take so many hours to see that you have made a minor error when the results are so obvious and criticism follows everywhere you go. Even on Fox News. So it seems it was a rather pathetic attempt to not stand by his word when he found out that this time he had crossed the line and even some Republicans had had enough.

It seems there is something they simply cannot speak about in plain and simple words:

Speaking during a Cabinet meeting at the White House, Trump was asked by a reporter if Russia was still targeting the US.

"No," he responded, looking directly at the reporter. The President's answer was the latest in a series of changing statements about whether he endorses the US intelligence community's conclusions about Russia's interference in the 2016 election and its continued efforts to disrupt future US elections.

Asked about the comment later, White House press secretary Sarah Sanders said the President was declining to answer shouted questions when he said "no," and not disputing intelligence findings. https://edition.cnn.com/2018/07/18/p...ing/index.html
    Well...
    Last edited by Charles; 07-18-2018, 03:13 PM.
    "Yes. President Trump is a huge embarrassment. And it’s an embarrassment to evangelical Christianity that there appear to be so many who will celebrate precisely the aspects that I see Biblically as most lamentable and embarrassing." Southern Baptist leader Albert Mohler Jr.

Comment

• The best you got is he yelled no in the middle of a bunch of questions and CNN subjectively thinks that he was looking at their reporter at the time? That's it?

Going to see what's on Youtube...
      "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

"Forgiveness is the way of love." Gary Chapman

My Personal Blog

My Novella blog (Current Novella Begins on 7/25/14)

Quill Sword

Comment

• 00000000000000ars1a.jpg

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
        "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
        "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment