Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

And the Winner is...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• And the Winner is...

Brett Kavanaugh
    "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

"Forgiveness is the way of love." Gary Chapman

My Personal Blog

My Novella blog (Current Novella Begins on 7/25/14)

Quill Sword

Not really a surprise, honestly.

Comment

I think Trump kept dangling Amy Coney Barrett out there as a possibility so, when he came up with somebody else, the liberals would actually be somewhat relieved.
      The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Some of my friends in the pro-life movement desperately wanted a woman to be nominated for optics reasons. I don't know how much that really matters TBH.
        "I am not angered that the Moral Majority boys campaign against abortion. I am angry when the same men who say, "Save OUR children" bellow "Build more and bigger bombers." That's right! Blast the children in other nations into eternity, or limbless misery as they lay crippled from "OUR" bombers! This does not jell." - Leonard Ravenhill

Comment

Originally posted by KingsGambit View Post
          Some of my friends in the pro-life movement desperately wanted a woman to be nominated for optics reasons. I don't know how much that really matters TBH.
          It seemed to me like some of the women on the left seemed particularly irked that a woman might be the nominee - like that's an extra stab-in-the-back, that a woman would betray her own. Yeah, weird!
          The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
            I think Trump kept dangling Amy Coney Barrett out there as a possibility so, when he came up with somebody else, the liberals would actually be somewhat relieved.
            Relieved? Like Terry McAuliffe, close confidante of the Clintons and former head of the DNC and former Governor of Virginia? Who tweeted

The nomination of Judge Brett Kavanaugh will threaten the lives of millions of Americans for decades to come and will morph our Supreme Court into a political arm of the right-wing Republican Party.

Millions! Millions I tell ya! Millions might die because because of Kavanaugh smiley hair-fire.gif

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
            "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
            "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
              Relieved? Like Terry McAuliffe, close confidante of the Clintons and former head of the DNC and former Governor of Virginia? Who tweeted

The nomination of Judge Brett Kavanaugh will threaten the lives of millions of Americans for decades to come and will morph our Supreme Court into a political arm of the right-wing Republican Party.

Millions! Millions I tell ya! Millions might die because because of Kavanaugh [ATTACH=CONFIG]28778[/ATTACH]
              I love watching crybaby Schoomer launch into his "sky is falling" routine.... he's downright entertaining.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                It seemed to me like some of the women on the left seemed particularly irked that a woman might be the nominee - like that's an extra stab-in-the-back, that a woman would betray her own. Yeah, weird!
                For years liberals have been demanding that members of this or that group (whether racial, religious, ethnic or sex) must act in accordance to what they dictate or else they can not be consider a True (fill in the blank).

Case in point, back in 2005 lawyer, professor at the University of Southern California Law School, former Michael Dukakis presidential campaign chairman, and feminist activist Susan Estrich ranted against the Los Angeles Times for apparently not having a gender quota for editorial writers and revealed that to her a conservative woman’s opinion doesn’t count as a woman’s perspective.

Amidst her public tirades, Estrich blasted the Times for publishing an article by Charlotte Allen on the decline of female public intellectuals such as Susan Sontag (in which Allen argued that too many women writers today specialize in being female rather than addressing the broader range of issues covered by their male counterparts). After attacking Allen’s affiliation with the Independent Women’s Forum as being "a group of right-wing women who exist to get on TV," Estrich concluded her tirade with: "the voices of women… are [not] found within a thousand miles" of the "Los Angeles Times."

So in Estrich’s world, if a woman espouses a conservative point-of-view, she magically undergoes a sex change and is no longer qualified to represent a woman’s outlook. Later, in a radio interview, Estrich said that she found the running of Allen’s column "insulting."

So for the left you cannot be a True™ Woman if you're conservative -- but a man can if he dresses up as a woman and calls himself one.

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

I haven't been able to confirm it but on the way home tonight I heard that the group that organized the Women's March released their official statement on Kavanaugh's nomination but where his name should be was instead "xxx" indicating that the response was already written but forgot to fill in the name and it didn't matter who was nominated they were going to say the same thing about them.

Reminds me of this:

ETA: smiley hat tip.gif to Drudge: ABC's Nightline Blasts 'Controversial' Nominee Before He’s Even Announced!
                  Last edited by rogue06; 07-09-2018, 10:08 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Teallaura View Post
                    Brett Kavanaugh
                    Not a winner yet, only been nominated. I think Trump nominated him because Kavanaugh doesn't believe that a President should be subject to investigation or to be criminally indicted while in office. In other words, as usual, it's all about Trump. Anyway, Kavanaugh apparently has a long paper trail and Democrats will now use that to drag this confirmation process on for a long time, possibly right on up to election time. Not a done deal!

Comment

I haven't been able to confirm it but on the way home tonight I heard that the group that organized the Women's March released their official statement on Kavanaugh's nomination but where his name should be was instead "xxx" indicating that the response was already written but forgot to fill in the name and it didn't matter who was nominated they were going to say the same thing about them.

Reminds me of this:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]28779[/ATTACH]

ETA: [ATTACH=CONFIG]28780[/ATTACH] to Drudge: ABC's Nightline Blasts 'Controversial' Nominee Before He’s Even Announced!
                      That's because the whole group of them were okayed by the Federalist Society, and we all know what that means. Well, I guess rogue doesn't know.

Comment

Originally posted by KingsGambit View Post
                        Trump couldn't care less about the abortion issue, apart from pandering to his Evangelical base. In fact, given his sexual promiscuity it wouldn't be surprising if some of his "conquests" had aborted Trump progeny over the years. Kavanaugh was the only realistic choice for Trump, because he is the only judge on the shortlist that believes a president should be immune from investigation.
                        Last edited by Tassman; 07-10-2018, 04:54 AM.
                        “He felt that his whole life was a kind of dream and he sometimes wondered whose it was and whether they were enjoying it.” - Douglas Adams.

Comment

Originally posted by Teallaura View Post
                          Brett Kavanaugh
                          Great choice, the Dems won't be able to stop him. It is a game changer.
                          Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

Originally posted by JimL View Post
                            Not a winner yet, only been nominated.
                            Teallaura was referring to the nomination, Jim. In other words, YES, he won the nomination.
                            I think Trump nominated him because Kavanaugh doesn't believe that a President should be subject to investigation or to be criminally indicted while in office. In other words, as usual, it's all about Trump.
                            I'll wait for backup in 5,4,3,2,1.....
                            Anyway, Kavanaugh apparently has a long paper trail and Democrats will now use that to drag this confirmation process on for a long time, possibly right on up to election time. Not a done deal!
                            I have no doubt they'll attempt to do so. Gotta love the Democrats' hypocritical labeling of Republicans as "The party of no" when the shoe's on the other foot.
                            Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
                            sigpic
                            I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

I think the fact that liberals hate this. nomination is an excellent sign.
                              Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
                              But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
                              Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment