Thread: A dear Friends mom

Professor and Chaplain Littlejoe's Avatar
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)

A dear Friends mom

I have a life long friend, we've known each other and been friends for over 50 years. His parents and my parents have always been close friends as well. We went on family vacations together, and they've been to my family reunions even. My friends mom Phyllis, is now very ill, she has a rare form of cancer that is similar to Leukemia that she has been battling for over a year. She has taken a turn for the worse very recently and they have now ceased all treatments for the disease and are only focusing on palliative care now for her comfort. This will be a hard time for myself and my family, we just recently lost my Aunt to lung cancer and now this. Prayers for the family of Phyllis and my family would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

LJ
    "What has the Church gained if it is popular, but there is no conviction, no repentance, no power?" - A.W. Tozer

"... there are two parties in Washington, the stupid party and the evil party, who occasionally get together and do something both stupid and evil, and this is called bipartisanship." - Everett Dirksen

2. Amen Jedidiah, mossrose, LostSheep, Teallaura amen'd this post.
    tWebber
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    ing LJ
    3 For I delivered to you as of first importance what I also received: that Christ died for our sins in accordance with the Scriptures, 4 that he was buried, that he was raised on the third day in accordance with the Scriptures --1 Corinthians 15:3-4 (borrowed with gratitude from 37818's sig)

4. Amen Littlejoe amen'd this post.
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)

6. Amen Littlejoe amen'd this post.
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    ing

Professor and Chaplain Littlejoe's Avatar
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Phyllis went home to her Lord last night around 7 pm CDT. She had a good life, and is not celebrating the victory with her Lord and Savior.
    "What has the Church gained if it is popular, but there is no conviction, no repentance, no power?" - A.W. Tozer

"... there are two parties in Washington, the stupid party and the evil party, who occasionally get together and do something both stupid and evil, and this is called bipartisanship." - Everett Dirksen

9. Amen mossrose amen'd this post.
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)