Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

US Has Largest Decline In Carbon Emissions...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Leonhard View Post
    Similar to yours per capita. We're not a poor third world country seer. Per person we emit half as much CO2 as the US. You GDP per Capita is about 5% more. Meaning we're 45% more efficient at earning money CO2 wise than you guys.
    So have you reduced your CO2 levels to 1992 levels like us? Besides, you don't have the manufacturing base we do and you all ride bicycles...
    Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

Originally posted by seer View Post
      So have you reduced your CO2 levels to 1992 levels like us?
      Below that my friend.

Besides, you don't have the manufacturing base we do and you all ride bicycles...
      Excuses, excuses...

Comment

Originally posted by Starlight View Post
        Are you saying America is winning at carbon emissions per person?
        The USA is heading in the right direction. Turning around a country's energy production is a long slow process. I wish they were doing more, but I also wish that of my own country.

Though if we had all just switched to nuclear power in the eighties we wouldn't be having these problems today.

Comment

Below that my friend.
          Yet...

Declines were led by the US (-0.5%). This is the ninth time in this century that the US has had the largest decline in emissions in the world. This also was the third consecutive year that emissions in the US declined, though the fall was the smallest over the last three years.

Excuses, excuses...
          Probably all those tulips soaking up your Co2...
          Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

Comment

Declines were led by the US (-0.5%). This is the ninth time in this century that the US has had the largest decline in emissions in the world. This also was the third consecutive year that emissions in the US declined, though the fall was the smallest over the last three years.
            No doubt if you guys continue at that rate you'll overtake Denmark.

Comment

So have you reduced your CO2 levels to 1992 levels like us? Besides, you don't have the manufacturing base we do and you all ride bicycles...
              It's easy to do that in a tiny, flat country. They probably wonder what first gear is good for....
              Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
              sigpic
              I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

No doubt if you guys continue at that rate you'll overtake Denmark.
                What do you guys have - like one factory?

Comment

What do you guys have - like one factory?
                  And a large fleet of these guys which are significant portion of the Danish CO2 output. Maersk, the company that owns them, ordered the ships to sail a little slower and beyond saving them money because of fuel savings it also significantly reduced our output.

Look at that ship. They're ginourmous. Can't git through neither the Suez channel or the Panama (not even the new one).

Comment

And a large fleet of these guys which are significant portion of the Danish CO2 output. Maersk, the company that owns them, ordered the ships to sail a little slower and beyond saving them money because of fuel savings it also significantly reduced our output.

Look at that ship. They're ginourmous. Can't git through neither the Suez channel or the Panama (not even the new one).

A lot of tulips right there...

Comment

This lil social democratic country is half the CO2 per capita as you guys.

And lets not be too unfair to China, their population uses significantly less CO2 per capita than either the US or Denmark.

And its the value per capita which is the only fair measurement.
                      What? If the stuff is killing the planet actual volume, not per capita use, is what matters.

Denmark produces how much of the raw material for infrastructure? Isn't Denmark a net importer of steel and similar industrial goods?
                      "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

"Forgiveness is the way of love." Gary Chapman

My Personal Blog

My Novella blog (Current Novella Begins on 7/25/14)

Quill Sword

Comment

2015 Steel Production figures

Japan makes the list but is in fact an iron and coal importer.

Unlike Wiki's export chart, the EU isn't lumped in here.

Denmark, CIA Factbook

Denmark has a steel industry but no significant exports. It's significant imports include 'raw materials' - unspecified. It's major exports are manufactured goods (including Legos! which is their coolest export ever!).

In other words, I can't find evidence of a significant coal, iron and steel industries.
                        "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

My Personal Blog

Quill Sword

Comment

Originally posted by shunyadragon View Post
                          Since a large percentage of coal is shipped overseas the mining itself does not contribute to the carbon emissions. The loose of industry contributes significantly to the decrease in carbon emissions.

The decline in the coal mining industry is due to costs, world competition of different energy resources like Natural Gas, and not due to any government policies nor legislation.
                          You're trying to burst Obama's bubble - he was proud of this accomplishment of his admin - crippling the coal industry.

My Personal Blog

Quill Sword

Comment

The USA is heading in the right direction. Turning around a country's energy production is a long slow process. I wish they were doing more, but I also wish that of my own country.

Though if we had all just switched to nuclear power in the eighties we wouldn't be having these problems today.
                            Um, you realize one Chernobyl type disaster and you also wouldn't have a country.... Just saying...

My Personal Blog

Quill Sword

Comment

Where'd the steel come from?

My Personal Blog

Quill Sword

Comment

Originally posted by Teallaura View Post
                                Um, you realize one Chernobyl type disaster and you also wouldn't have a country.... Just saying...
                                Chernobyl was a terrible design; it was a disaster waiting to happen. US-designed reactors are much safer (on the other hand, the US is about the only country using nuclear power that doesn't reprocess its spent fuel, but merely lets it pile up).
                                Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
                                sigpic
                                I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment