Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Do Peter Strzok and the democrats think America is stupid?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
    It was quite a ruckus.
    It was utterly disgraceful.
    “He felt that his whole life was a kind of dream and he sometimes wondered whose it was and whether they were enjoying it.” - Douglas Adams.

Comment

Originally posted by Tassman View Post
      Strzok's treatment by the Trump Defence Team, masquerading as a House Enquiry, was absolutely disgraceful.
      The whole thing was a mess - and Strzok didn't help himself at all with his angry arrogant opening statement.
      The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Tassman View Post
        Strzok's treatment by the Trump Defence Team, masquerading as a House Enquiry, was absolutely disgraceful. Everybody has personal political views. There is no reason to think that Peter Strzok's personal views affected any of his decisions in either the Hillary Clinton email investigation or the Trump-Russia probe. His only mistake was that he used a government issued official phone to express his personal views. For this he was quite rightly sacked by Mueller.
        The only out-of-line moment was when the one guy brought up him lying to his wife while having an affair.

OTOH, every time the questioning got truly serious and they started getting close to the truth the Democrats would interrupt and talk over Strzok so he didn't have to answer the question. It is a tactic they have used repeatedly in the past like when Nancy Pelosi got nailed in a bald face lie about being unaware of waterboarding. For the next week, she surrounded herself with a phalanx of the biggest male Democrat Congressmen who would all loudly start talking at once every time a reporter tried to ask her anything about it.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
        "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
        "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by Starlight View Post
          If he'd been out to get Trump, he could have anonymously leaked to the media about the existence of the Trump-Russia investigation at any time during the run-up to the general election. The media was going ballistic about Clinton's emails, and as far as the country knew, only 1 candidate for president was being investigated by the FBI. It was obviously poor judgement on Comey's part to leave the US public with that impression. But had Strzok wanted to act, he could so, so, easily have let the media know Trump was also under investigation and then watched them go ballistic.

I don't think his sacking was justifiable. His texts showed he disliked Clinton, Sanders, and Trump as politicians. To me, that doesn't meet the bar for getting rid of someone. Texting on a government phone is a slap on the wrist with a wet bus ticket offense, not a firing one.

The law enforcement person that there does need to be an investigation into for bias affecting judgment is Rudy Giuliani who was able to exercise control over law enforcement in the NY area, all but whipping the FBI agents there into a frenzied hatred of Clinton, to the point where FBI director Republican James Comey was almost unable to keep any sort of leash on that rogue branch of his agency. The NY FBI's anti-Clinton malice and bias and Giuliani's role in that warrants investigation.

It's also worth bearing firmly in mind that the US's law-enforcement agencies are Republican-heavy. They're not full of Democrats. The FBI, like most local police forces, is full of Republicans.
          I mostly agree, except that I would also agree with the removal of Strzok from the investigation because his personal views, being that he made them on work related communications which became public could give the appearance, to the thoughtless misinformed out there, of his personal opinions somehow affecting the investigation. Strzok's only mistake was voicing his personal opinion on work related communications giving republicans the opportunity to twist that into Strzok using his position to launch a false investigation against the Trump campaign. Total nonsense of course, but as you can see by the idiotic responses from the Trump supporters in this thread, it works. Like Strzok himself said, he wasn't removed because of his bias, everybody has bias, he was removed because Mueller knew how his fellow republicans would use it to lie to their constituency in order to protect their favorite autocrat.

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
            The only out-of-line moment was when the one guy brought up him lying to his wife while having an affair.

OTOH, every time the questioning got truly serious and they started getting close to the truth the Democrats would interrupt and talk over Strzok so he didn't have to answer the question. It is a tactic they have used repeatedly in the past like when Nancy Pelosi got nailed in a bald face lie about being unaware of waterboarding. For the next week, she surrounded herself with a phalanx of the biggest male Democrat Congressmen who would all loudly start talking at once every time a reporter tried to ask her anything about it.
            Ah stop being such a dumbell. The republicans were only there to make speeches not to get answers.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
              The whole thing was a mess - and Strzok didn't help himself at all with his angry arrogant opening statement.
              Still just waiting for those fact thingies eh, CP? Strozk actually made mince meat of his accusers, totally vindicated himself, the republicans making complete fools of themselves.

Comment

As I suspected the usually suspects are ignoring the truth here about Peter strzok./ if it is wrong ot answer the Republicans question that are about an on going investigation then it is wrong to ansewr hte Democrats questiona sabout the same on going investigation Strzok and the Democrats are depending on low information votes like JimL to believe that Peter Strzok intends to answer truthfully any question put to him.

The disgrace is him being willing to only answer soft questions put to him by those who agree with his bias about an on going investigation and will let him get away with half answers, but use as an excuse not to answer questions from those who disagree with him The FBI counsel wont' let him talk about the same ongoing investigation. Sorry folks this shows someone who is trying to hide something.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                  Watching his opening statement for the hearing was eye-opening... I don't think he could have appeared any more angry and arrogant, including his insistence that he was there of his own free will, and not subject to subpoena.

I forget which of the committee members said it, but "sir, you are your own worst enemy". I think same is true for Obama and Trump. And Hillary.
                  It reminds me of Hillary's open contempt during the Benghazi hearings: it's the demeanor of someone who believes they are (and may very well be) above the law.
                  Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
                  But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
                  Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Originally posted by JimL View Post
                    Ah stop being such a dumbell. The republicans were only there to make speeches not to get answers.
                    Your blind partisanship is duly noted. You know this, how? Let's see if you can answer that without the non-answer of merely pretending the answer is obvious.
                    Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
                    sigpic
                    I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
                      It reminds me of Hillary's open contempt during the Benghazi hearings: it's the demeanor of someone who believes they are (and may very well be) above the law.
                      Oh, would that be the 4 year long republican Benghazi investigation that also turned up absolutely nothing.
                      Last edited by JimL; 07-13-2018, 10:29 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by One Bad Pig View Post
                        Your blind partisanship is duly noted. You know this, how? Let's see if you can answer that without the non-answer of merely pretending the answer is obvious.
                        The answer should be obvious to anyone who actually watched the hearing, which I did, and obviously you did not. Most of the republicans spent most of their time making speeches at the end of which they tried to shut Strzok up saying that they hadn't asked him a question. Then, and only then, when democrats forced the matter, the chair allowed Strzok to reply to their speeches, but only briefly. Next time watch rather than being informed/misinformed by your favorite propagandist.

Comment

Still just waiting for those fact thingies eh, CP? Strozk actually made mince meat of his accusers, totally vindicated himself, the republicans making complete fools of themselves.
                          after he had to finally admit there who gave him the steele report the fbi used to get the fisa court ot allow spying on the trump campaign he did everything he could not to admit who gave it to him but he then had to admit it or when He first said he did not remember writing the "we will stop him"(trump from being elected) email to paighe and then later talking about having written it at night sheesh he couldn't even keep his lies straight there. the only one being made mincemeant and shown for hwat they were were Peter Strzok and the Democrats who obstructed the attempts at getting at the truth by the Republicans. but of course you probably didn't even watch 5 minutes of the hearing and are getting your talking points from anti trump anti freedom leftists.

oh and btw he was going against FBI regulations using an FBI phone to write those emails. as was shown by one of the republican show quoted every regulation he broke. so his saying he what he did was not against regulations was a lie and he was under oath to tell the truth. So we are to believe he was not biased in his investigations. Sorry Occam's Razor should be used here.

Comment

The answer should be obvious to anyone who actually watched the hearing, which I did, and obviously you did not. Most of the republicans spent most of their time making speeches at the end of which they tried to shut Strzok up saying that they hadn't asked him a question. Then, and only then, when democrats forced the matter, the chair allowed Strzok to reply to their speeches, but only briefly. Next time watch rather than being informed/misinformed by your favorite propagandist.
                            when the Republicans kept trying to get at the truth whiel he he tried to demagogue after refusing to answer their questions with the excuse that he was advised by FBI counsel not to answer questions about an on going investigation, even though he willingly answered questions from the democrats about that same investigation. Not to mention the Democrats constantly interrupting the Republicans attempts at getting at the truth with frivolous calls of point of orders and speeches of their own. JimL your blind partisanship is showing very very well here.

Comment

The only account I've read elsewhere is in the Washington Post Express - which is not exactly my "favorite propagandist." I've read rogue's account, and yours. Given rogue's penchant for backing up his observations in exhaustive detail, and your penchant for refusing to back things up at all, guess which account I find more credible? Feel free to back up your assertion with actual examples rather than vague generalizations. Your bald assertion regarding Benghazi is not exactly helping your credibility.

I'm generally not a fan of watching hearings - by either party - because they tend to be more speech than question.
                              Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
                              sigpic
                              I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

Originally posted by RumTumTugger View Post
                                after he had to finally admit there who gave him the steele report the fbi used to get the fisa court ot allow spying on the trump campaign he did everything he could not to admit who gave it to him but he then had to admit it or when He first said he did not remember writing the "we will stop him"(trump from being elected) email to paighe and then later talking about having written it at night sheesh he couldn't even keep his lies straight there. the only one being made mincemeant and shown for hwat they were were Peter Strzok and the Democrats who obstructed the attempts at getting at the truth by the Republicans. but of course you probably didn't even watch 5 minutes of the hearing and are getting your talking points from anti trump anti freedom leftists.

oh and btw he was going against FBI regulations using an FBI phone to write those emails. as was shown by one of the republican show quoted every regulation he broke. so his saying he what he did was not against regulations was a lie and he was under oath to tell the truth. So we are to believe he was not biased in his investigations. Sorry Occam's Razor should be used here.
                                The investigation didn't begin with the Steele Dossier RTT, and the Steele dossier was not given to Strzok, so before trying to make an argument, at least try to get your facts staight.

Comment