I like ASMR.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I like ASMR.

Ok, this might be a little weird for some people, but I really love ASMR. What's that, you say? It's a feeing of tingles in the neck, head, back, and other places in response to certain triggers. There are literally thousands of videos on YouTube of people making triggers for those who experience this. I've experienced it since I was a kid, but didn't know what it was called until a couple of years ago. Now, whenever I want to relax and feel ASMR, I can easily just open up my computer and put headphones on. In fact, I actually bought $100 headphones last year just for this.

ASMR is also beginning to be studied by neuroscientists. However, it's a bit difficult to study since people who experience ASMR can't seem to do it in a noisy MRI.
    "Concentrate on what you have to do. Fix your eyes on it. Remind yourself that your task is to be a good human being; remind yourself what nature demands of people. Then do it, without hesitation, and speak the truth as you see it. But with kindness. With humility. Without hypocrisy."
    -Marcus Aurelius

Okay....

"He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

"Forgiveness is the way of love." Gary Chapman

My Personal Blog

My Novella blog (Current Novella Begins on 7/25/14)

Quill Sword

Comment

Originally posted by T-Shirt Ninja View Post
      Ok, this might be a little weird for some people, but I really love ASMR. What's that, you say? It's a feeing of tingles in the neck, head, back, and other places in response to certain triggers. There are literally thousands of videos on YouTube of people making triggers for those who experience this. I've experienced it since I was a kid, but didn't know what it was called until a couple of years ago. Now, whenever I want to relax and feel ASMR, I can easily just open up my computer and put headphones on. In fact, I actually bought $100 headphones last year just for this.

ASMR is also beginning to be studied by neuroscientists. However, it's a bit difficult to study since people who experience ASMR can't seem to do it in a noisy MRI.
      Perhaps there's people who experience ASMR from the sounds of an MRI?

Comment

It's a feeing of tingles...
        Don't forget to charge them interest.
        ~ Russell ("MelMak")

"[Sing] and [make] melody in your heart to the Lord." -- Ephesians 5:19b

Fight spam!

Comment

I get tingles in my neck when I use my TENS.

Does that count?

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

Originally posted by The Melody Maker View Post
            Don't forget to charge them interest.
            Ya beat me to it.
            The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

So it is basically 'chills down your spine?'

Comment

Originally posted by mossrose View Post
                I get tingles in my neck when I use my TENS.

Does that count?
                Possibly, but I've never used one, so I don't know how the comparison is.
                "Concentrate on what you have to do. Fix your eyes on it. Remind yourself that your task is to be a good human being; remind yourself what nature demands of people. Then do it, without hesitation, and speak the truth as you see it. But with kindness. With humility. Without hypocrisy."
                -Marcus Aurelius

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
                  So it is basically 'chills down your spine?'
                  More like pleasurable goosebumps.
                  -Marcus Aurelius

Comment

Possibly, but I've never used one, so I don't know how the comparison is.
                    I don't know either.

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

More like pleasurable goosebumps.
                      I get pleasurable goosebumps sometimes when I watch anime and they manage to set the mood just right. I also get it sometimes when I'm listening to music. I don't think I've ever gotten the feeling from any of the ASMR videos on Youtube. Most of them are very relaxing though, so sometimes I'll play an ASMR clip simply because of that reason.

Comment

Originally posted by Chrawnus View Post
                        I get pleasurable goosebumps sometimes when I watch anime and they manage to set the mood just right. I also get it sometimes when I'm listening to music. I don't think I've ever gotten the feeling from any of the ASMR videos on Youtube. Most of them are very relaxing though, so sometimes I'll play an ASMR clip simply because of that reason.
                        I think it's a bit creepy having some youtube stranger whisper and rub objects into your ear. But hey, that's just me.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
                          I think it's a bit creepy having some youtube stranger whisper and rub objects into your ear. But hey, that's just me.
                          I'll be the first to admit that it's kind of weird. I still love it, though.
                          -Marcus Aurelius

Comment