Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Donald tRump is the contemporary Neville Chamberlain but no umbrella

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Terraceth View Post
    Neville Chamberlain gets much more of a bad rap than he deserves, honestly. The criticism of course is him acquiescing to Hitler's demands, but what was his other option? Go straight into war? Popular opinion hadn't gone in favor of that yet; it's the same reason the United States stayed out of the war for so long. Negotiating in the hope that would curb Hitler was the only real option at the time, but Chamberlain did recognize the threat posed and tried to prepare for a possible war, including building up the military again, which left his country in a better position when war actually did happen.
    Yeah, but according to liberals, you're not supposed to negotiate for peace and should instead court military action by publicly provoking other world leaders. That's the stance they took after Trump's summit with North Korea, and they're doing it again with Russia. I just don't get their thinking.
    Last edited by Mountain Man; 07-22-2018, 03:21 PM.
    Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
    But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
    Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
      Here's the thing, Jimmy, unlike you, I don't gullibly swallow the liberal spin. Based on what we know about our own intelligence agencies and their continued attempts to undermine the President, he is more than justified not trusting them. If they feel humiliated then it's only because Trump told the truth. I'm ok with that.
      Trump has no use for the truth! But here's the thing, MM, I never suspected you to have swallowed what you call liberal spin, because you are to busy eating right wing propaganda. I can tell you one thing with 100% certainty though, i.e. if that was Obama kissing Putin's butt and humiliating the U.S. on the world stage, after already having done the same to our closest allies and NATO, thoughtless balloon heads like yours would be exploding with accussations of treason and calls for impeachment.

Comment

Yeah, but according to liberals, you're not supposed to negotiate for peace and should instead court military action by publicly provoking other world leaders. That's the stance they took after Trump's summit with North Korea, and they're doing it again with Russia. I just don't get their thinking.
        So I guess now then you are going to condemn Trumps latest tweet threatening Iran? Seems the same could have been said to Russia and Putin with its seizing of Crimea and there ongoing siege in eastern Ukraine. Not such a strong man when it comes to his boss is he?

Comment

Originally posted by JimLamebrain View Post
          I can tell you one thing with 100% certainty though, i.e. if that was Obama kissing Putin's butt and humiliating the U.S. on the world stage, after already having done the same to our closest allies and NATO, thoughtless balloon heads like yours would be exploding with accussations of treason and calls for impeachment.
          I never once called for Obama's impeachment even though I think he's easily (and provably) the worst and most corrupt US president in my lifetime. So you can take your 100% certainty and stick some place very uncomfortable.

Comment

Originally posted by JimLamebrain View Post
            So I guess now then you are going to condemn Trumps latest tweet threatening Iran? Seems the same could have been said to Russia and Putin with its seizing of Crimea and there ongoing siege in eastern Ukraine. Not such a strong man when it comes to his boss is he?
            No, I'll leave the uninformed knee-jerk dance to idiots like you. I prefer to sit back and wait until the big picture becomes clear.

Comment

Originally posted by NorrinRadd View Post
              Little Ralphie's the anal-yst who was always blowing his top like Milton the Monster and practically begging for war with Russia. He totally lost bowel control one night on Tucker's show.
              Did you HAVE to bump shunya's juvenile little snit?
              Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
              sigpic
              I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

I never once called for Obama's impeachment even though I think he's easily (and provably) the worst and most corrupt US president in my lifetime. So you can take your 100% certainty and stick some place very uncomfortable.
                So you never called for Obama's impeachment, you just think he should have been impeached. Too funny, MM. Anyway, that doesn't answer to the charge I made. What I said is that there is a 100% certainty that if this were Obama rather than Trump kissing Putin's butt and doing Russia's bidding you'd be accusing him of just that and calling for his impeachment. Deep down you know it's true, you just can't admit to your hypocricy.

Comment

No, I'll leave the uninformed knee-jerk dance to idiots like you. I prefer to sit back and wait until the big picture becomes clear.
                  But they were your words, MM, not mine. We're supposed to negotiate for peace and not court military action, remember? I think what you meant to say, what you left out of the equation was "only when it comes to Putin and Russia." Hmmm, why should that make a difference, I wonder?

Comment

tRump trumped and totally conned by North Korea with no agreement.

Source: https://www.cnn.com/2018/08/10/politics/us-north-korea-proposals-rejection/index.html

North Korea rejecting US proposals in diplomatic standoff

Washington (CNN)The US has made repeated proposals to North Korea on denuclearization, all of which have been rejected, according to senior diplomatic sources.

The United States has made, and continues to make, "specific proposals for starting and proceeding to the end point of fully verified denuclearization," including a timeline, these sources say.

North Korea has rejected all of these proposals, considering them "gangster-like," one of the sources said.
                    The impasse has brought the rocket-like trajectory of Trump administration diplomacy with North Korea down to earth and the more typical grind of talks with Pyongyang that have stymied prior administrations.

The vague promises that emerged from President Donald Trump's June summit with leader Kim Jong Un have led to a diplomatic disconnect. The brief document produced after the leaders met included no time frame, no specific promises or milestones to meet, allowing both sides to interpret it as they wished.

© Copyright Original Source

Glendower: I can call spirits from the vasty deep.
                    Hotspur: Why, so can I, or so can any man;
                    But will they come when you do call for them? Shakespeare’s Henry IV, Part 1, Act III:

go with the flow the river knows . . .

Frank

I do not know, therefore everything is in pencil.

Comment

Originally posted by shunyadragon View Post
                      tRump trumped and totally conned by North Korea with no agreement.

Source: https://www.cnn.com/2018/08/10/politics/us-north-korea-proposals-rejection/index.html

North Korea rejecting US proposals in diplomatic standoff

Washington (CNN)The US has made repeated proposals to North Korea on denuclearization, all of which have been rejected, according to senior diplomatic sources.

The United States has made, and continues to make, "specific proposals for starting and proceeding to the end point of fully verified denuclearization," including a timeline, these sources say.

North Korea has rejected all of these proposals, considering them "gangster-like," one of the sources said.
                      The impasse has brought the rocket-like trajectory of Trump administration diplomacy with North Korea down to earth and the more typical grind of talks with Pyongyang that have stymied prior administrations.

The vague promises that emerged from President Donald Trump's June summit with leader Kim Jong Un have led to a diplomatic disconnect. The brief document produced after the leaders met included no time frame, no specific promises or milestones to meet, allowing both sides to interpret it as they wished.

© Copyright Original Source

Trump is such a great deal maker, we halted joint military exercises with S, Korea and in return for that N. Korea gets to continue its Nuclear program. Then we reneg on the agreement that we and our allies negotiated with Iran. Putin couldn't be happier.

Comment

Originally posted by JimL View Post
                        Trump is such a great deal maker, we halted joint military exercises with S, Korea and in return for that N. Korea gets to continue its Nuclear program. Then we reneg on the agreement that we and our allies negotiated with Iran. Putin couldn't be happier.
                        . . . and it appears China wants to ease up on sanctions and still with Russia resists more sanctions.

https://www.straitstimes.com/asia/ea...orea-sanctions

Russia, China block US bid to add to North Korea sanctions blacklist
                        Last edited by shunyadragon; 08-10-2018, 07:14 PM.
                        But will they come when you do call for them? Shakespeare’s Henry IV, Part 1, Act III:

Frank

Comment

Originally posted by Terraceth View Post
                          Neville Chamberlain gets much more of a bad rap than he deserves, honestly. The criticism of course is him acquiescing to Hitler's demands, but what was his other option? Go straight into war? Popular opinion hadn't gone in favor of that yet; it's the same reason the United States stayed out of the war for so long. Negotiating in the hope that would curb Hitler was the only real option at the time, but Chamberlain did recognize the threat posed and tried to prepare for a possible war, including building up the military again, which left his country in a better position when war actually did happen.
                          His option was to prepare the allies for war, which he did not. He did not listen to those that advised and knew Hitler was preparing for war and not peace,

Frank

Comment

Originally posted by shunyadragon View Post
                            His option was to prepare the allies for war, which he did not. He did not listen to those that advised and knew Hitler was preparing for war and not peace,
                            Except he did prepare Britain for war by building the army back up so that if war would break out. You mention "prepare the allies for war" which perhaps indicates you are referring to him not readying other countries, though exactly how you expect him to unilaterally force other countries to prepare for war is unclear. At any rate, he did try to get others to do so, encouraging France in particular to rearm and trying to build alliances with other countries. So what you claim "he did not" do he in fact did do.

Comment