Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Maria Butina, Russian operative arrested.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by One Bad Pig View Post
    The prosecution's star witness is not looking especially credible at the moment. So far, he's admitted to lying to a whole bunch of people, embezzling from his boss, and having an affair. We should believe him now (when he's motivated by a plea deal in exchange for taking down his ex-boss) ....why, exactly?
    Its truly amazing watching how you strive to defend the indefensible. You don't have to believe Gates, it's all documented. Gates is credible for the very reason he is testifying. If he doesn't tell the absolute truth for which the prosecution has much evidence, then his immunity deal is taken away. But do go on with your defense of Trumps crooked cronies, it's interesting to watch.

Comment

• Originally posted by JimL View Post
      Its truly amazing watching how you strive to defend the indefensible. You don't have to believe Gates, it's all documented. Gates is credible for the very reason he is testifying. If he doesn't tell the absolute truth for which the prosecution has much evidence, then his immunity deal is taken away. But do go on with your defense of Trumps crooked cronies, it's interesting to watch.
      Please provide evidence that I'm defending Manafort.

Go on, I'll wait.
      Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
      sigpic
      I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

No, he is not an international businessman,
        Source: Wikipedia

On October 30, 2017, Manafort surrendered to the FBI after a federal grand jury indicted him and his business associate Rick Gates.

© Copyright Original Source

Idiot.

he's an international political advisor
        And was licensed to do business.

to murderous dictators
        You mean like Obama praising Prime Minister Hailemariam Desalegn, Hillary Clinton describing former Egyptian dictator Hosni Mubarak and his wife as “friends of my family” and calling Syrian dictator Bashir al-Assad a “reformer.” Sorry, clown, but people in glass houses...

as well as being a crook and a traitor to the U.S.
        Still doesn't change the fact that many of the Trump associates are international businessmen and deal with foreign countries. But guilt by association seems to stoke the libtard fire, so I guess you have to bay at your masters' calls...

Sheesh, you people will come up with the craziest excuses in order to, I don't know what, ease your own consciences maybe.
        Sheesh, you people will grasp at any straw and make a mountain out of a disconnected mole hill to try to ease the butthurt from Trump's successes. ANYTHING to excuse your awful party and their anti-American platform... Why not move in with Starfruit where the libturds are in charge?
        That's what
        - She

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals
        - Manya the Holy Szin (The Quintara Marathon)

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
        - Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

Go on, I'll wait.
          Funny OBP, you can't even admit to defending Manafort after doing so in your last post. When you try to dismiss the witness for the prosecution, with spurrious reasoning btw, then you are defending Manafort in the same manner that Manafort's own defense atty. is doing.

Comment

The prosecution's star witness is not looking especially credible at the moment. So far, he's admitted to lying to a whole bunch of people, embezzling from his boss, and having an affair. We should believe him now (when he's motivated by a plea deal in exchange for taking down his ex-boss) ....why, exactly?
            Certainly Rick Gates faced tough questions about credibility from Manafort's lawyers; I think that’s pretty standard stuff from defence lawyers. But the charges against his former boss don’t just rely on this testimony...that’s the icing on the cake...there’s an extensive paper trail as well. Manafort is in big trouble. One wonders why Trump chose Manafort to manage his campaign given that he managed the campaign of Putin's protegee in Ukraine...at great profit to himself, courtesy of Putin.
            “He felt that his whole life was a kind of dream and he sometimes wondered whose it was and whether they were enjoying it.” - Douglas Adams.

Comment

Well you're labouring the point that Rick Gates is far from credible, the very point being made by Manafort's defence team
              “He felt that his whole life was a kind of dream and he sometimes wondered whose it was and whether they were enjoying it.” - Douglas Adams.

Comment

Go on, I'll wait.
                When you do that, I hear that "Jeopardy music" in my head.

The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tassman View Post
                  Certainly Rick Gates faced tough questions about credibility from Manafort's lawyers; I think that’s pretty standard stuff from defence lawyers. But the charges against his former boss don’t just rely on this testimony...that’s the icing on the cake...there’s an extensive paper trail as well. Manafort is in big trouble. One wonders why Trump chose Manafort to manage his campaign given that he managed the campaign of Putin's protegee in Ukraine...at great profit to himself, courtesy of Putin.
                  Given Gates' complete lack of credibility, it would have behooved the prosecutors to stick to the paper trail IMO. Yes, attacking the witness's credibility is standard stuff from lawyers; Gates is an unusually inviting target, however.
                  Originally posted by Tassman View Post
                  Well you're labouring the point that Rick Gates is far from credible, the very point being made by Manafort's defence team
                  We both would doubtless agree that the sky is blue. Does that mean I'm defending you?
                  Last edited by One Bad Pig; 08-09-2018, 09:21 AM.
                  Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
                  sigpic
                  I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

Funny OBP, you can't even admit to defending Manafort after doing so in your last post. When you try to dismiss the witness for the prosecution, with spurrious reasoning btw, then you are defending Manafort in the same manner that Manafort's own defense atty. is doing.
                    Since when is pointing out facts "defending" someone? I'm not trying to dismiss anyone; I'm merely pointing out the obvious - Gates is spectacularly untrustworthy.

sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                      When you do that, I hear that "Jeopardy music" in my head.

Isn't that the "I'm a little teapot" song?

Comment

Since when is pointing out facts "defending" someone? I'm not trying to dismiss anyone; I'm merely pointing out the obvious - Gates is spectacularly untrustworthy.
                        They are both unethical untrustworthy crooks like most of the people in Trumps corrupt administration, but when you dismiss the prosecution witness as untrustworthy, when you know that he is bound to tell the truth or lose his immunity, then you are defending the defendent. But it's not unexpected, at least not by me, you Trumpsters have been making excuses for this corrupt bunch ever since these investigations began and I have no doubt that you will continue to do so.

Comment

As is Manafort "spectacularly untrustworthy". Why are you focusing on Gates?

Comment

• Originally posted by Sparko View Post
                            Isn't that the "I'm a little teapot" song?

One does realise that when you lot launch into cartoons and big bright pictures that you have no argument. Admittedly, it must be difficult to defend Trump's swampland.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tassman View Post
                              One does realise that when you lot launch into cartoons and big bright pictures that you have no argument. Admittedly, it must be difficult to defend Trump's swampland.
                              I was commenting on the Jeopardy song.

Comment

They are both unethical untrustworthy crooks like most of the people in Trumps corrupt administration, but when you dismiss the prosecution witness as untrustworthy, when you know that he is bound to tell the truth or lose his immunity, then you are defending the defendent.
                                Well, no. As long as his lies are in conformity with the actual evidence, no one's going to know any better. Would you trust Trump, even under an immunity deal, to tell the truth on something you can't independently verify?
                                But it's not unexpected, at least not by me, you Trumpsters have been making excuses for this corrupt bunch ever since these investigations began and I have no doubt that you will continue to do so.
                                You have an active imagination, Jim.

sigpic

Comment