Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Maria Butina, Russian operative arrested.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by One Bad Pig View Post
    That's not how this works, Jim. If you want to be taken seriously, back up your numbers.

I suspect you don't care about being taken seriously, and have some idea that yelling loudly enough will make your point for you. Feel free to prove me wrong.
    He acts like a disciple of Goebbels who supposedly said "If you repeat a lie often enough, people will believe it, and you will even come to believe it yourself."

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
    "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by JimL View Post
      Lilpix, Trump lied to you again, Germany is not dependent upon Russia, is not captive of Russia. Germany only gets 10% of it's energy from Russia, not 60 or 70 percent as Trump asserted.. Stop simply accepting everything that comes out of Trumps mouth as truth, because actually nearly everything that comes out of his mouth is a lie. The only reason Germany even gets its natural gas from Russia is because its cheap.
      JimL proving once again he's a idiot who doesn't think for himself only willing to use the talking points his leftist handlers give him.

Back up Your claim Cite YOUR source.
      Last edited by RumTumTugger; 07-22-2018, 08:40 AM.

Comment

59% of Germany's energy comes from oil and gas, the other 41% comes from coal, renewables and nuclear. That means that roughly 20% of Germany's energy overall comes from Russia, not 70% as per the liar and chief. Besides that, it's a canard, the U.S. also spends Billions of dollars on Russian oil, 7 billion last year, so why should the the other NATO members protect us?
        and again the idiot who doens't think for himself refuses to cite his sources.

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
          I think it has a lot to do with how the figures are calculated. For instance, right after a debate between Clinton and Sanders CNN Money published the following graphic based on NATO numbers:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]29040[/ATTACH]

And here's another from Forbes from this month:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]29041[/ATTACH]

That looks a lot more than 22%
          JIML, this is what YOU need to do give your evidence or stop making claims you have not backed up. if you refuse to back up YOUR Claims you are nothing but an idiot who lets others do his thinking for him.

Comment

Looks like JimL needs to put up or shut up.
            "If you believe, take the first step, it leads to Jesus Christ. If you don't believe, take the first step all the same, for you are bidden to take it. No one wants to know about your faith or unbelief, your orders are to perform the act of obedience on the spot. Then you will find yourself in the situation where faith becomes possible and where faith exists in the true sense of the word." - Dietrich Bonhoeffer, The Cost of Discipleship

Comment

Originally posted by myth View Post
              Looks like JimL needs to put up or shut up.
              Come now. Part of the scandal over Russian interference with the 2016 election, has been questions of Russian ties to the National Rifle Association and the latter’s possible Russian-backed funding of the Trump election. This has been under investigation by the FBI for some time. We know this, it is not in doubt. Now, as well, Maria Butina has been charged for conspiracy as an agent of Russia and involvement with the NRA. This is quite enough to be going on with; the pro-Trump supporters blanket denial of any wrong-doing is premature to say the least.
              “He felt that his whole life was a kind of dream and he sometimes wondered whose it was and whether they were enjoying it.” - Douglas Adams.

Comment

There he goes again, proving once again that he doesn't care enough to check out whether it's true or not.
                You made the claim you have the burden of proof. You need to do your show your own work.

Again JimL is showing himself to be an idiot who refused to think for himself he lets his leftist handlers tell him what to think and say. since he appears not to be able to prove his claims.
                Last edited by RumTumTugger; 07-22-2018, 09:12 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Tassman View Post
                  Come now. Part of the scandal over Russian interference with the 2016 election, has been questions of Russian ties to the National Rifle Association and the latter’s possible Russian-backed funding of the Trump election. This has been under investigation by the FBI for some time. We know this, it is not in doubt. Now, as well, Maria Butina has been charged for conspiracy as an agent of Russia and involvement with the NRA. This is quite enough to be going on with; the pro-Trump supporters blanket denial of any wrong-doing is premature to say the least.
                  Sorry Tass This is America where we wait for all evidence to come in we are not being premature we are waiting for all the evidence to come in before making a blanket statement of innocent or guilt and choosing as is the American way to put the weight on innocent till it is proven otherwise. you anti-trumpers on the other hand are being premature with yoru cries of he's guilty just becuase this person was arrested for Attempting to commit conspiracy there is not enough evidence to show she was successful.

from the opps cite
                  Their primary avenue of influence appeared to be the National Rifle Association, according to CNN reporting and court filings, though the organization is not explicitly referred to by name in the legal documents.

emphasis mine. all CNN has is innuendo and suppositions. not enough to go on. but then again they've never needed more then that to make their premature blanket statements of Trump's guilt.

Comment

Originally posted by One Bad Pig View Post
                    That's not how this works, Jim. If you want to be taken seriously, back up your numbers.

I suspect you don't care about being taken seriously, and have some idea that yelling loudly enough will make your point for you. Feel free to prove me wrong.
                    OBP, you don't get to tell anyone how this works, if you think I'm making stuff up then go ahead and prove it. That you can't do that and instead whine like a little baby that I'm not playing fair is just the republican way. I go through the trouble of citing my sources when I feel like it, and when I don't feel like it then I don't. In niether case are you prevented from refuting what i've posted. That you don't do that simply means that you've tried and can't come up with anything, or that you just simply don't care.
                    Last edited by JimL; 07-22-2018, 10:45 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                      He acts like a disciple of Goebbels who supposedly said "If you repeat a lie often enough, people will believe it, and you will even come to believe it yourself."
                      Oh the irony is prescious. That is exactly your liar and chiefs method, derived straight out of the Nazi playbook, and you are direct proof that on a good many people, it's a method that works. "No collusion, No collusion" "witch hunt, witch hunt," "fake news, fake news" "the largest inauguration crowd in history, the largest in history" and on and on and on it goes and you eat it up just like he knows you will.

Comment

Oops!

Accused Russian agent met with Obama Treasury, Fed officials...

Exclusive - Accused Russian agent Butina met with U.S. Treasury, Fed officials
                        Sarah N. Lynch

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - Accused Russian agent Maria Butina had wider high-level contacts in Washington than previously known, taking part in 2015 meetings between a visiting Russian official and two senior officials at the U.S. Federal Reserve and Treasury Department.

The meetings, revealed by several people familiar with the sessions and a report from a Washington think tank that arranged them, involved Stanley Fischer, Fed vice chairman at the time, and Nathan Sheets, then Treasury undersecretary for international affairs.

Butina travelled to the United States in April 2015 with Alexander Torshin, then the Russian Central Bank deputy governor, and they took part in separate meetings with Fischer and Sheets to discuss U.S.-Russian economic relations during Democratic former President Barack Obama’s administration.

https://uk.reuters.com/article/uk-us...-idUKKBN1KC0DE
                        Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

Another Russian agent, this one on American soil, is charged and arrested for conspiracy in trying to get Trump elected.

http://www.cnn.com/2018/07/16/politi...ina/index.html
                          You included a cite!
                          The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Tassman View Post
                            But, as CP said: "The Supreme Court is going in the right direction", so nothing else matters does it? Surely God is entitled to use a traitor to achieve his will.
                            Are you a used car salesman in real life?
                            The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

...but i'm not going to waste time continuing to argue that point with you right now as i know that would be, well, a waste of time...
                              And, yet.... continue to argue, he does....

Comment

OBP, you don't get to tell anyone how this works,
                                Sure he does. And he's right.

if you think I'm making stuff up then go ahead and prove it.
                                What you're proving, Jim, is that you are incredibly intellectually lazy.

That you can't do that and instead whine like a little baby that I'm not playing fair is just the republican way.
                                You're drinking again, aren't you?

Comment