Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Maria Butina, Russian operative arrested.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Tassman View Post
    Once again, nobody is saying that Gates is a good guy. BUT the fact is that he has a lot to lose by lying AND there is a long paper-trail of almost everything to which Gates will testify.
    Translation: "Gates is a crook but since he is testifying against Manafort, I believe every word he says!"

Comment

• Originally posted by Sparko View Post
      Translation: "Gates is a crook but since he is testifying against Manafort, I believe every word he says!"
      No, what I'm saying is that Gates is a crook who has a lot to personally lose by lying. Why are you taking Manafort's side against Gates? They're both crooks.
      “He felt that his whole life was a kind of dream and he sometimes wondered whose it was and whether they were enjoying it.” - Douglas Adams.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tassmoron View Post
        Gates is a crook who has a lot to personally lose by lying.
        A lot to lose, yes, but also a lot to gain if he can get away with it. That's the part you're refusing to acknowledge.
        Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
        But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
        Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

• Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
          A lot to lose, yes, but also a lot to gain if he can get away with it. That's the part you're refusing to acknowledge.
          Come on, MM, crooks like Gates suddenly become outstanding pillars of virtue and honesty when testifying in court - don't you know that? He is only interested in truth and justice, and not worried at all about his own skin.
          The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
            Come on, MM, crooks like Gates suddenly become outstanding pillars of virtue and honesty when testifying in court - don't you know that? He is only interested in truth and justice, and not worried at all about his own skin.
            Of course. How silly of me.
            Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
            But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
            Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Gates struck a plea deal with Mueller's team, he has already got what he stands to gain. Truthfully testifying in the trial offers Gates the clearest path to avoiding prison time.
              “He felt that his whole life was a kind of dream and he sometimes wondered whose it was and whether they were enjoying it.” - Douglas Adams.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tassman View Post
                Gates struck a plea deal with Mueller's team...
                Can you please provide the exact terms of that deal?
                The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Doesn't matter since his testimony is backed up by documentation. Documents don't lie!

Comment

You're proving yourself to be pretty dumb for an ex officer of the law CP. Even us laymen understand how this works. It isn't one mans word against another, there need also be evidence supporting one mans word against the others.

Comment

Of course. How silly of me.
                      Yes, pretty silly of both of you, but not unexpected.

Comment

Can you please provide the exact terms of that deal?
                        Why do the exact terms matter to you. The only thing about it that you need to know is that if he is caught lying then the deal is cancelled and Gates will be subject to trial for which he knows he will be found guilty and go to prison. This isn't rocket science, officer.

Comment

• Originally posted by JimL View Post
                          Documents don't lie!
                          Wow.
                          Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
                          sigpic
                          I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

Doesn't matter since his testimony is backed up by documentation. Documents don't lie!
                            00000000000000ars1.gif

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                            "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                            "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Documents don't lie!

dims.gif

Comment

• From the Oxford Dictionary:
                                Document
                                NOUN
                                Pronunciation /ˈdɒkjʊm(ə)nt/
                                A piece of written, printed, or electronic matter that provides information or evidence or that serves as an official record.

JimL is a blithering idiot

Originally posted by JimL View Post
                                Documents don't lie!

Hmm... maybe jimmy has a point here.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                                "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                                "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment