Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Maria Butina, Russian operative arrested.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by rogue06 View Post

JimL is a blithering idiot
    ^It's documented!! Documents don't lie!

Comment

• Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
      From the Oxford Dictionary:
      Document
      NOUN
      Pronunciation /ˈdɒkjʊm(ə)nt/
      A piece of written, printed, or electronic matter that provides information or evidence or that serves as an official record.

JimL is a blithering idiot

Hmm... maybe jimmy has a point here.
      He wants SO BADLY to be relevant.
      The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
        Can you please provide the exact terms of that deal?
        Robert Mueller, "the lead Russia investigator, asked a federal court in Alexandria, Virginia Tuesday to dismiss a series of criminal charges against Gates, including tax and bank fraud, in exchange for his guilty plea and testimony in the wider probe into the 2016 presidential election."

https://www.politico.eu/article/robe...-russia-probe/
        “He felt that his whole life was a kind of dream and he sometimes wondered whose it was and whether they were enjoying it.” - Douglas Adams.

Comment

• Originally posted by JimL View Post
          Doesn't matter since his testimony is backed up by documentation. Documents don't lie!
          So false reports have never been filed, Jimmy?
          "The man from the yacht thought he was the first to find England; I thought I was the first to find Europe. I did try to found a heresy of my own; and when I had put the last touches to it, I discovered that it was orthodoxy."
          GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

• Originally posted by lilpixieofterror View Post
            So false reports have never been filed, Jimmy?
            Yes, all of the banks, the managers, the ceo's, the e-mails and even Manafort himself, all conspired against him. You people truly will believe anything, won't you? It's no wonder you're Trumpsters!

Comment

Yes, all of the banks, the managers, the ceo's, the e-mails and even Manafort himself, all conspired against him. You people truly will believe anything, won't you? It's no wonder you're Trumpsters!
              Never said that at all. You’re the one making dumb statements that don’t match reality and refuse to walk back when called out on it. Fake documents do exist, maybe instead you should have said the documents, in this case, appear to be genuine.
              "The man from the yacht thought he was the first to find England; I thought I was the first to find Europe. I did try to found a heresy of my own; and when I had put the last touches to it, I discovered that it was orthodoxy."
              GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

You can trust people who are willing to lie in person to never, ever put a false statement in a document. Honest!
                Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
                sigpic
                I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

• Originally posted by Tassman View Post
                  Robert Mueller, "the lead Russia investigator, asked a federal court in Alexandria, Virginia Tuesday to dismiss a series of criminal charges against Gates, including tax and bank fraud, in exchange for his guilty plea and testimony in the wider probe into the 2016 presidential election."

https://www.politico.eu/article/robe...-russia-probe/
                  Not what I asked for, but thanks for playing. I found the actual plea deal online.
                  The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• Originally posted by One Bad Pig View Post
                    You can trust people who are willing to lie in person to never, ever put a false statement in a document. Honest!
                    And any competent prosecutor will do everything he can to keep a key witness from being documented as a liar because it makes his credibility easy pickings for the defense. The fact that this is best Mueller has suggests that he has a weak case.
                    Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
                    But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
                    Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

• Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
                      And any competent prosecutor will do everything he can to keep a key witness from being documented as a liar because it makes his credibility easy pickings for the defense. The fact that this is best Mueller has suggests that he has a weak case.
                      Yeah, I've seen time and time again where the prosecutor (or defense, either one) will play the game "ok, so you were lying then, but you're telling the truth now.... how can we tell?" and "ok, so when you said [ xyz ], were you lying then" and, my personal favorite, "so, when you were sworn in and promised to tell the truth....".

Comment

• Originally posted by One Bad Pig View Post
                        Not when the statements documented are made by the defendent himself. Honest! Gates could, if he were stupid, lie in his testimony, but that isn't going to change the facts as testified to by all the other witnesses as well as the documentation. Sheesh, wake up!

Comment

Stop exposing your idiocy, MM. There are multiple witnesses as well as the documentation of those witnesses not the least of which is the documentation of Manafort himself.

Comment

It’s fairly evident that Manafort, Trump’s former Campaign Manager, and Gates, Trump’s former Campaign Deputy were both corrupt and had financial ties to Russia. One wonders why Trump, whom as we all know only ever chooses the best people, appointed them.
                            “He felt that his whole life was a kind of dream and he sometimes wondered whose it was and whether they were enjoying it.” - Douglas Adams.

Comment

• It looks like the federal judge castigated the federal prosecutors yesterday for misrepresenting evidence about her having an affair with a Republican consultant (making it look like she was offering sex to gain information and access). From the Washington Post:

Source: Judge orders Butina to remain in jail, lashes out at attorneys for missteps

In a measured tone before a packed but silent courtroom, Chutkan excoriated prosecutors with the U.S. attorney’s office of the District and the Justice Department’s national security division for opening the case with a “salacious” and “notorious” claim that Butina at least once offered sex in exchange “for a position with a special interest organization,” which the government admitted in a late-night filing Friday was based on a misreading of three-year-old text messages.

“It took me five minutes to review the evidence and tell they were joking. It was apparent on their face,” in the texts between Butina and another person, Chutkan said, saying she was “dismayed” that “someone at the U.S. attorney’s office or at the Department of Justice could look at those exchanges and conclude they were serious.”

While crediting the government with taking back the allegation, she warned assistant U.S. attorneys Erik M. Kenerson and Thomas N. Saunders, “It could make it difficult to have a fair trial when these mistakes are made.”

Source

© Copyright Original Source

To be fair the judge also chastised the defense attorney for going on TV and discussing details of the case.
                              Last edited by rogue06; 09-11-2018, 03:00 AM.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                              "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                              "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment