Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Obama: Stand Down Order On Russian Cyberattacks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by seer View Post
    Read the whole article, this refusal to deal with the cyberattacks actually goes back to 2015...
    Trump fired the chief cyber official and eliminated the position altogether. Any idea why he might have done that seer?

Comment

Originally posted by JimL View Post
      Trump fired the chief cyber official and eliminated the position altogether. Any idea why he might have done that seer?
      The USAF has tons of cyber ops with the military having an entire command. Trump made it an independent command this year. You do know that, right?
      Last edited by lilpixieofterror; 07-19-2018, 11:31 PM.
      "The man from the yacht thought he was the first to find England; I thought I was the first to find Europe. I did try to found a heresy of my own; and when I had put the last touches to it, I discovered that it was orthodoxy."
      GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

Originally posted by lilpixieofterror View Post
        The USAF has tons of cyber ops with the military having an entire command. Trump made it an independent command this year. You do know that, right?
        Like I said Lilpix, you'll accept any excuse they give you.

Comment

You've got no room to talk, Jim. You'll parrot anything MSNBC feeds you.
          Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
          sigpic
          I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

Originally posted by JimLamebrain View Post
            Originally posted by lilpixieofterror
            I think what Jimmy meant to say is, "No, I didn't know that. "
            Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
            But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
            Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

And idea why Obama had his cyber chief stand down?
              Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

watch JimL turn a blind eye to this little fact. because is does not fit the false narrative he gets from his leftist handlers talking points. JimL seems bound and determined to prove he's an idiot that lets others do his thinking for him.

Comment

Yes, I do. But have you ever heard the saying "never answer a question by asking a question?"

Comment

Originally posted by RumTumTugger View Post
                    watch JimL turn a blind eye to this little fact. because is does not fit the false narrative he gets from his leftist handlers talking points. JimL seems bound and determined to prove he's an idiot that lets others do his thinking for him.
                    When you learn the difference between a question and a fact, let us know.

Comment

Yes, I do. But have you ever heard the saying "never answer a question by asking a question?"
                      No. That's just dumb.
                      The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

No one gave me this ‘excuse’ Jimmy. There’s thousands doing it in the DoD, NSA, and Homeland Security. You need to find a new source of talking points because the idea firing and eliminating a single director position is going to affect US cyber security efforts is absurd to anyone that knows what their talking about.
                        "The man from the yacht thought he was the first to find England; I thought I was the first to find Europe. I did try to found a heresy of my own; and when I had put the last touches to it, I discovered that it was orthodoxy."
                        GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

I guess Socrates must have been a terrible philosopher than.
                          GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

And Jesus - it was one of his favorite responses - answer a question with a question.

An expert in the law: “Teacher, what must I do to inherit eternal life?”
                            Jesus: “What is written in the Law? How do you read it?”

A rich young man: “Good teacher, what must I do to inherit eternal life?”
                            Jesus: “Why do you call me good?”

Nicodemus: “How can this be?”
                            Jesus: “You are Israel’s teacher and you do not understand these things? I have spoken to you of earthly things and you do not believe; how then will you believe if I speak of heavenly things?”

Pilate: “Are you the king of the Jews?”
                            Jesus: “Is that your idea or did others talk to you about me?”
                            The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

That's not how the Socratic method works Lilpix. He didn't question questions, he questioned assumptions.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                                And Jesus - it was one of his favorite responses - answer a question with a question.

An expert in the law: “Teacher, what must I do to inherit eternal life?”
                                Jesus: “What is written in the Law? How do you read it?”
                                That's an answer. He's telling him it's written in the law.
                                A rich young man: “Good teacher, what must I do to inherit eternal life?”
                                Jesus: “Why do you call me good?”
                                That he called him good is not a question. So he wasn't answering a question!
                                Nicodemus: “How can this be?”
                                Jesus: “You are Israel’s teacher and you do not understand these things. I have spoken to you of earthly things and you do not believe; how then will you believe if I speak of heavenly things?”
                                fify. The first sentence is an answer, not a question. Jesus is telling him, not asking him if he understands.
                                Pilate: “Are you the king of the Jews?”
                                Jesus: “Is that your idea or did others talk to you about me?”
                                Thats is not what my bible says, CP. It says, "you say so."

All irrellevant to the point anyway.
                                Last edited by JimL; 07-22-2018, 11:45 AM.

Comment