Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Exploratory Thread: Legends after Life (Savage Worlds)

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)

Exploratory Thread: Legends after Life (Savage Worlds)

So, if I were to run a Savage Worlds game where everyone played heroes from various timelines/eras/dimensions that have passed on and woken up in a bizarre afterlife situation, would anyone be interested?

You were a legend in your time... whether you led the charge through a swath of invading brigands, or talked down two nations from inciting a needless war, or stoically bumped back against the things that went Bump in the Night, your universe revered you as a Hero.

But then you died. Whether your archnemesis gunned you down at High Noon, or you simply passed on from old age. Your time was up and you were put to sleep.

... And then you woke up again. Huh, that's weird. You're pretty sure that's not supposed to 'just' happen. You're also dead certain that you kicked the bucket in a VERY different place. And who are these other weirdos?

*Sigh*... Even in Death, It seems You Ain't Gettin' No Rest.

If you don't know how to play and/or need help with character creation, I'm more than willing to help you with that. We'll talk about various Setting Rules I'm using for this game once we get some people interested.
    Mercenary Maxim 37: There is No 'Overkill.' There is merely 'Open Fire,' and 'I need to Reload.'

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)

Will need help, though...

3. Amen Chaotic Void amen'd this post.
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Teallaura View Post

Will need help, though...
    Happy to assist. How familiar are you with Savage Worlds?
    Mercenary Maxim 37: There is No 'Overkill.' There is merely 'Open Fire,' and 'I need to Reload.'

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Chaotic Void View Post
    Happy to assist. How familiar are you with Savage Worlds?
    I think SW has/had an offshoot that I have played in - but that was literally more than 25 years ago so let's go with 'not at all'.

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    I think SW has/had an offshoot that I have played in - but that was literally more than 25 years ago so let's go with 'not at all'.
    Well, Deadlands is Savage Worlds's Great-Granddaddy, and it came about 20 years ago (and you can see where Savage Worlds gets it's stuff from). So if you ever played in a Western Horror game... it was probably Deadlands.

You got the book?

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    No, someone else ran it. I think it was called Vigilantes Inc - the basic idea is that you were running in a movie serials world.

Can't find it - maybe I'm remembering the name wrong.

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    No, someone else ran it. I think it was called Vigilantes Inc - the basic idea is that you were running in a movie serials world.

Can't find it - maybe I'm remembering the name wrong.
    Maybe. Nothing seems to come up when I google it.

So, what kind of character you thinking of playing? I'd be more than willing to help you build one

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Not sure yet. Obviously equipment is gone but are you looking at this as more like resurrection when you are brought back with skills intact or re-incarnation where you are still you but don't necessarily have the same abilities?

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Not sure yet. Obviously equipment is gone but are you looking at this as more like resurrection when you are brought back with skills intact or re-incarnation where you are still you but don't necessarily have the same abilities?
    Resurrection. Effectively, your hero died and they've woken up in a body that's reminiscent of their physical/mental prime.

As for equipment... you're going to have equipment that's era-relevant. So if you play a gunslinger, you're going to have a gun and some leather clothes. Play a knight, you're gonna have a sword/shield/armor... due to the way the world works, there's a "Quantum-Unwraveling Anachronism Protection," Field in place, so a Space Marine with a Plasma rifle isn't going to completely obliterate some poor caveman based on superior tech alone.

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)