Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Exploratory Thread: Legends after Life (Savage Worlds)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Exploratory Thread: Legends after Life (Savage Worlds)

So, if I were to run a Savage Worlds game where everyone played heroes from various timelines/eras/dimensions that have passed on and woken up in a bizarre afterlife situation, would anyone be interested?

You were a legend in your time... whether you led the charge through a swath of invading brigands, or talked down two nations from inciting a needless war, or stoically bumped back against the things that went Bump in the Night, your universe revered you as a Hero.

But then you died. Whether your archnemesis gunned you down at High Noon, or you simply passed on from old age. Your time was up and you were put to sleep.

... And then you woke up again. Huh, that's weird. You're pretty sure that's not supposed to 'just' happen. You're also dead certain that you kicked the bucket in a VERY different place. And who are these other weirdos?

*Sigh*... Even in Death, It seems You Ain't Gettin' No Rest.

If you don't know how to play and/or need help with character creation, I'm more than willing to help you with that. We'll talk about various Setting Rules I'm using for this game once we get some people interested.
    Have You Touched Grass Today? If Not, Please Do.

Will need help, though...
    "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

"Forgiveness is the way of love." Gary Chapman

My Personal Blog

My Novella blog (Current Novella Begins on 7/25/14)

Quill Sword

Comment

Originally posted by Teallaura View Post

Will need help, though...
      Happy to assist. How familiar are you with Savage Worlds?

Comment

Originally posted by Chaotic Void View Post
        Happy to assist. How familiar are you with Savage Worlds?
        I think SW has/had an offshoot that I have played in - but that was literally more than 25 years ago so let's go with 'not at all'.
        "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

My Personal Blog

Quill Sword

Comment

I think SW has/had an offshoot that I have played in - but that was literally more than 25 years ago so let's go with 'not at all'.
          Well, Deadlands is Savage Worlds's Great-Granddaddy, and it came about 20 years ago (and you can see where Savage Worlds gets it's stuff from). So if you ever played in a Western Horror game... it was probably Deadlands.

You got the book?

Comment

No, someone else ran it. I think it was called Vigilantes Inc - the basic idea is that you were running in a movie serials world.

Can't find it - maybe I'm remembering the name wrong.

My Personal Blog

Quill Sword

Comment

No, someone else ran it. I think it was called Vigilantes Inc - the basic idea is that you were running in a movie serials world.

Can't find it - maybe I'm remembering the name wrong.
              Maybe. Nothing seems to come up when I google it.

So, what kind of character you thinking of playing? I'd be more than willing to help you build one

Comment

Not sure yet. Obviously equipment is gone but are you looking at this as more like resurrection when you are brought back with skills intact or re-incarnation where you are still you but don't necessarily have the same abilities?

My Personal Blog

Quill Sword

Comment

Not sure yet. Obviously equipment is gone but are you looking at this as more like resurrection when you are brought back with skills intact or re-incarnation where you are still you but don't necessarily have the same abilities?
                  Resurrection. Effectively, your hero died and they've woken up in a body that's reminiscent of their physical/mental prime.

As for equipment... you're going to have equipment that's era-relevant. So if you play a gunslinger, you're going to have a gun and some leather clothes. Play a knight, you're gonna have a sword/shield/armor... due to the way the world works, there's a "Quantum-Unwraveling Anachronism Protection," Field in place, so a Space Marine with a Plasma rifle isn't going to completely obliterate some poor caveman based on superior tech alone.

Comment

My Personal Blog

Quill Sword

Comment

... Got your character concept in mind? I could help ya with that while we're waiting for more players.

(Or if all else fails, I could scrap this and just run a Spelljammer type game using Stars Without Number: Revised Edition and an OSR book for the Magic; probably Lamentations of the Flame Princess, as it's free).

Comment

... Got your character concept in mind? I could help ya with that while we're waiting for more players.

(Or if all else fails, I could scrap this and just run a Spelljammer type game using Stars Without Number: Revised Edition and an OSR book for the Magic; probably Lamentations of the Flame Princess, as it's free).
                        Not really - I usually prefer to see how the party is shaping up - especially in systems I rarely run in - before figuring out exactly what I want to play. I have run just pre-rolls in new (to me) systems (this is not a suggestion, just a comment) as what I want my character to be is often shaped by both the world described and what everyone else is doing (unless it's straight D&D when I run magic users).

(I'm good with that too.)

My Personal Blog

Quill Sword

Comment

Not really - I usually prefer to see how the party is shaping up - especially in systems I rarely run in - before figuring out exactly what I want to play. I have run just pre-rolls in new (to me) systems (this is not a suggestion, just a comment) as what I want my character to be is often shaped by both the world described and what everyone else is doing (unless it's straight D&D when I run magic users).
                          Eh, fair enough. Though, it seems that you're the only player... So we could be here awhile.

(I'm good with that too.)
                          Best part is that both of those books are Free (though the Magic Classes are in the Paid version of Stars Without Number, but the workaround is that I can just provide the necessary info if you want to play a Magic User)

Comment

Eh, fair enough. Though, it seems that you're the only player... So we could be here awhile.
                            Yeah, I figured you'd decide when enough was enough and I'd figure out something then if I'm alone in the world.

Best part is that both of those books are Free (though the Magic Classes are in the Paid version of Stars Without Number, but the workaround is that I can just provide the necessary info if you want to play a Magic User)
                            Nah, I'd just pick another class - MU's are too difficult to run without seeing what you're working with and I am too cheap.

My Personal Blog

Quill Sword

Comment

Yeah, I figured you'd decide when enough was enough and I'd figure out something then if I'm alone in the world.
                              I'm probably going to just give it another week and see what happens. If no one else bites, we'll figure something out.

Nah, I'd just pick another class - MU's are too difficult to run without seeing what you're working with and I am too cheap.
                              Fair enough, the other classes are all solid choices anyhow. All three of them.

Comment

widgetinstance 221 (Related Threads) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X