Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Exploratory Thread: Legends after Life (Savage Worlds)

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Teallaura View Post
    ... Got your character concept in mind? I could help ya with that while we're waiting for more players.

(Or if all else fails, I could scrap this and just run a Spelljammer type game using Stars Without Number: Revised Edition and an OSR book for the Magic; probably Lamentations of the Flame Princess, as it's free).
    Mercenary Maxim 37: There is No 'Overkill.' There is merely 'Open Fire,' and 'I need to Reload.'

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Chaotic Void View Post
    ... Got your character concept in mind? I could help ya with that while we're waiting for more players.

(Or if all else fails, I could scrap this and just run a Spelljammer type game using Stars Without Number: Revised Edition and an OSR book for the Magic; probably Lamentations of the Flame Princess, as it's free).
    Not really - I usually prefer to see how the party is shaping up - especially in systems I rarely run in - before figuring out exactly what I want to play. I have run just pre-rolls in new (to me) systems (this is not a suggestion, just a comment) as what I want my character to be is often shaped by both the world described and what everyone else is doing (unless it's straight D&D when I run magic users).

(I'm good with that too.)

"He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

"Forgiveness is the way of love." Gary Chapman

My Personal Blog

My Novella blog (Current Novella Begins on 7/25/14)

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Not really - I usually prefer to see how the party is shaping up - especially in systems I rarely run in - before figuring out exactly what I want to play. I have run just pre-rolls in new (to me) systems (this is not a suggestion, just a comment) as what I want my character to be is often shaped by both the world described and what everyone else is doing (unless it's straight D&D when I run magic users).
    Eh, fair enough. Though, it seems that you're the only player... So we could be here awhile.

(I'm good with that too.)
    Best part is that both of those books are Free (though the Magic Classes are in the Paid version of Stars Without Number, but the workaround is that I can just provide the necessary info if you want to play a Magic User)
    Mercenary Maxim 37: There is No 'Overkill.' There is merely 'Open Fire,' and 'I need to Reload.'

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Chaotic Void View Post
    Eh, fair enough. Though, it seems that you're the only player... So we could be here awhile.
    Yeah, I figured you'd decide when enough was enough and I'd figure out something then if I'm alone in the world.

Best part is that both of those books are Free (though the Magic Classes are in the Paid version of Stars Without Number, but the workaround is that I can just provide the necessary info if you want to play a Magic User)
    Nah, I'd just pick another class - MU's are too difficult to run without seeing what you're working with and I am too cheap.

"He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

"Forgiveness is the way of love." Gary Chapman

My Personal Blog

My Novella blog (Current Novella Begins on 7/25/14)

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Yeah, I figured you'd decide when enough was enough and I'd figure out something then if I'm alone in the world.
    I'm probably going to just give it another week and see what happens. If no one else bites, we'll figure something out.

Nah, I'd just pick another class - MU's are too difficult to run without seeing what you're working with and I am too cheap.
    Fair enough, the other classes are all solid choices anyhow. All three of them.

6. Amen Teallaura amen'd this post.
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Welp... doesn't seem like there's much interest beyond you, Teal.

Want to keep going with this idea, or do you think I should do a Spelljammer-like game using Stars Without Number instead?