Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

New revelations about those dubious FISA warrants

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New revelations about those dubious FISA warrants

Some pretty explosive stuff here, and you know it's "yuge" because the MSM is studiously ignoring it...

Source: Donald Trump: FISA Warrant to Spy on Campaign ‘a Disgrace to America’

President Donald Trump highlighted Monday the revelation of the FISA warrant used to spy on one of his foreign policy advisers Carter Page.

The heavily redacted set of documents were released to the public on Saturday, revealing that the unverified dossier created by Christopher Steele and paid for by the DNC was used to spy on the Trump campaign.

“So we now find out that it was indeed the unverified and Fake Dirty Dossier, that was paid for by Crooked Hillary Clinton and the DNC, that was knowingly & falsely submitted to FISA and which was responsible for starting the totally conflicted and discredited Mueller Witch Hunt!” Trump marveled on Twitter.

The president cited Judicial Watch President Tom Fitton who appeared on Fox and Friends to discuss the newly published information.

It was classified to cover up misconduct by the FBI and the Justice Department in misleading the Court by using this Dossier in a dishonest way to gain a warrant to target the Trump Team. This is a Clinton Campaign document. It was a fraud and a hoax designed to target Trump and the DOJ, FBI and Obama Gang need to be held to account. Source #1 was the major source. Avoided talking about it being the Clinton campaign behind it. Misled the Court to provide a pretext to SPY on the Trump Team. Not about Carter Page..was all about getting Trump. Carter Page wasn’t a spy, wasn’t an agent of the Russians – he would have cooperated with the FBI. It was a fraud and a hoax designed to target Trump.

Trump argued that the information was enough to shut down the investigation led by Special [Counsel] Robert Mueller.

https://www.breitbart.com/big-govern...ce-to-america/

© Copyright Original Source

Source: A Review of the DOJ/FBI FISA Application Release…

Anyone who thinks this FISA application release is not a big deal has not followed the details, and does not comprehend what is attested to within the FISA application.

The overall FISA application is ridiculously short on substance, and generally is a long way from providing the evidence needed for Title-1 surveillance authority over a U.S. person. In fact, the FISA application is very sloppy… almost as if it wasn’t a priority to have a solid and defensible document. I think there’s a simple reason for that.

After all, the DOJ and FBI never thought anyone would ever be looking at this issue; they thought Hillary Clinton was going to win. To quote the disposition of FBI Counterintelligence Agent Peter Strzok: “I want to believe the path you threw out for consideration in Andy’s office that there’s no way he gets elected – but I’m afraid we can’t take that risk. It’s like an insurance policy in the unlikely event you die before you’re 40.” Key word: “unlikely“, they never contemplated -until later- the full scope of justification that would be needed…. they were setting up something no-one really thought would need to be utilized…. all of the legal apoplexy and [butt]-covering came in hindsight.

So when we review the FISA application, it is worth reminding yourself this was a tool, a temporary means to an end, they never thought they would actually need…. so they didn’t spend a great deal of time hammering out the finer points. The political surveillance was useful, but it was likely never to be known how it was utilized. Ms. Lisa Page was focused on empowering Hillary Clinton, stupid -albeit useful and obnoxiously arrogant- Pete was in charge of the less-than and likely unneeded insurance.

https://theconservativetreehouse.com...ation-release/

It also seems that the entire US Senate Intelligence Committee is implicated with leaking the entire classified FISA document to a reporter for the New York Times:

The document described above in the indictment of James Wolfe is the FISA application of Carter Page, released to the public yesterday.

We already know from prior reporting and research that Male #1 is Carter Page. We already know that Reporter #2 is Ms. Ali Watkins. We now know the document that James Wolfe leaked to Ali Watkins, and the content therein, was the October 21, 2016, FISA application of Carter Page [Copied to the SSCI on March 17,2017].

What is new, is the knowledge this copy of the FISA application was requested by the Senate Select Committee on Intelligence, and submitted to the executive branch via the FISA court on March 17th, 2017.

The Senate Intelligence Committee was the leak sourcing for the information within the FISA application. Yes, but more stunningly…. the Senate Select Committee on Intelligence had this FISA application since March 2017.

Why did the SSCI request the Carter Page FISA application?

This is way before any of the competing Nunes and Schiff memos in Jan/Feb 2018. Heck, the Senate Intel Committee had the FISA application on March, 17, 2017, before Robert Mueller was in the picture. March 17th is two days after James Comey testified to the Senate Judiciary Committee: Didn’t believe Mike Flynn lied (March 15th).

The Senate Intelligence Committee, the most corrupt committee in congress (Chairman Burr and Vice-Chair Warner) orders and receives the FISA application.

And what was Vice-Chairman Senator Mark Warner doing at the exact time this FISA application was delivered to the Senate Intelligence Committee?

Why, he was only making secret and off-the-record contact with Christopher Steele.

But wait…. it gets worse.

Based on the James Wolfe indictment we know the DOJ was aware of the leaking of the FISA application since at least mid-December 2017.

On December 15th, 2017 James Wolfe was busted; the FBI had him dead-to-rights. However, the grand jury proceedings didn’t start until May 3rd, 2018; and the indictment was sealed until June 7th, 2018. That means six months passed between busting Wolfe on Dec. 15th, 2017, and indicting Wolfe on June 7th, 2018.

Let that sink in.

The U.S. Department of Justice has known, with certainty, since December of last year, that the United States Senate Intelligence Committee had leaked the content of a classified FISA application to the media.

Again, let this stunning revelation simmer intellectually and reflect upon it.

And liberals wonder why President Trump doesn't trust our own intelligence agencies.
    Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
    But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
    Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
    Some pretty explosive stuff here, and you know it's "yuge" because the MSM is studiously ignoring it...

Source: Donald Trump: FISA Warrant to Spy on Campaign ‘a Disgrace to America’

President Donald Trump highlighted Monday the revelation of the FISA warrant used to spy on one of his foreign policy advisers Carter Page.

The heavily redacted set of documents were released to the public on Saturday, revealing that the unverified dossier created by Christopher Steele and paid for by the DNC was used to spy on the Trump campaign.

“So we now find out that it was indeed the unverified and Fake Dirty Dossier, that was paid for by Crooked Hillary Clinton and the DNC, that was knowingly & falsely submitted to FISA and which was responsible for starting the totally conflicted and discredited Mueller Witch Hunt!” Trump marveled on Twitter.

The president cited Judicial Watch President Tom Fitton who appeared on Fox and Friends to discuss the newly published information.

It was classified to cover up misconduct by the FBI and the Justice Department in misleading the Court by using this Dossier in a dishonest way to gain a warrant to target the Trump Team. This is a Clinton Campaign document. It was a fraud and a hoax designed to target Trump and the DOJ, FBI and Obama Gang need to be held to account. Source #1 was the major source. Avoided talking about it being the Clinton campaign behind it. Misled the Court to provide a pretext to SPY on the Trump Team. Not about Carter Page..was all about getting Trump. Carter Page wasn’t a spy, wasn’t an agent of the Russians – he would have cooperated with the FBI. It was a fraud and a hoax designed to target Trump.

Trump argued that the information was enough to shut down the investigation led by Special [Counsel] Robert Mueller.

https://www.breitbart.com/big-govern...ce-to-america/

Source: A Review of the DOJ/FBI FISA Application Release…

Anyone who thinks this FISA application release is not a big deal has not followed the details, and does not comprehend what is attested to within the FISA application.

The overall FISA application is ridiculously short on substance, and generally is a long way from providing the evidence needed for Title-1 surveillance authority over a U.S. person. In fact, the FISA application is very sloppy… almost as if it wasn’t a priority to have a solid and defensible document. I think there’s a simple reason for that.

After all, the DOJ and FBI never thought anyone would ever be looking at this issue; they thought Hillary Clinton was going to win. To quote the disposition of FBI Counterintelligence Agent Peter Strzok: “I want to believe the path you threw out for consideration in Andy’s office that there’s no way he gets elected – but I’m afraid we can’t take that risk. It’s like an insurance policy in the unlikely event you die before you’re 40.” Key word: “unlikely“, they never contemplated -until later- the full scope of justification that would be needed…. they were setting up something no-one really thought would need to be utilized…. all of the legal apoplexy and [butt]-covering came in hindsight.

So when we review the FISA application, it is worth reminding yourself this was a tool, a temporary means to an end, they never thought they would actually need…. so they didn’t spend a great deal of time hammering out the finer points. The political surveillance was useful, but it was likely never to be known how it was utilized. Ms. Lisa Page was focused on empowering Hillary Clinton, stupid -albeit useful and obnoxiously arrogant- Pete was in charge of the less-than and likely unneeded insurance.

https://theconservativetreehouse.com...ation-release/

It also seems that the entire US Senate Intelligence Committee is implicated with leaking the entire classified FISA document to a reporter for the New York Times:

The document described above in the indictment of James Wolfe is the FISA application of Carter Page, released to the public yesterday.

We already know from prior reporting and research that Male #1 is Carter Page. We already know that Reporter #2 is Ms. Ali Watkins. We now know the document that James Wolfe leaked to Ali Watkins, and the content therein, was the October 21, 2016, FISA application of Carter Page [Copied to the SSCI on March 17,2017].

What is new, is the knowledge this copy of the FISA application was requested by the Senate Select Committee on Intelligence, and submitted to the executive branch via the FISA court on March 17th, 2017.

The Senate Intelligence Committee was the leak sourcing for the information within the FISA application. Yes, but more stunningly…. the Senate Select Committee on Intelligence had this FISA application since March 2017.

Why did the SSCI request the Carter Page FISA application?

This is way before any of the competing Nunes and Schiff memos in Jan/Feb 2018. Heck, the Senate Intel Committee had the FISA application on March, 17, 2017, before Robert Mueller was in the picture. March 17th is two days after James Comey testified to the Senate Judiciary Committee: Didn’t believe Mike Flynn lied (March 15th).

The Senate Intelligence Committee, the most corrupt committee in congress (Chairman Burr and Vice-Chair Warner) orders and receives the FISA application.

And what was Vice-Chairman Senator Mark Warner doing at the exact time this FISA application was delivered to the Senate Intelligence Committee?

Why, he was only making secret and off-the-record contact with Christopher Steele.

But wait…. it gets worse.

Based on the James Wolfe indictment we know the DOJ was aware of the leaking of the FISA application since at least mid-December 2017.

On December 15th, 2017 James Wolfe was busted; the FBI had him dead-to-rights. However, the grand jury proceedings didn’t start until May 3rd, 2018; and the indictment was sealed until June 7th, 2018. That means six months passed between busting Wolfe on Dec. 15th, 2017, and indicting Wolfe on June 7th, 2018.

Let that sink in.

The U.S. Department of Justice has known, with certainty, since December of last year, that the United States Senate Intelligence Committee had leaked the content of a classified FISA application to the media.

Again, let this stunning revelation simmer intellectually and reflect upon it.

And liberals wonder why President Trump doesn't trust our own intelligence agencies.
    Right MM. Apparently the 4 republican appointed judges who approved the warrant and renewed it 4 times are all part of the deep state as well. You're such a tool, MM. And btw, the application made it perfectly clear who payed for the Steele dossier and for what purpose the data was to be used, which the lie in the above just goes to show what biased nonsense your refrences are.
    Last edited by JimL; 07-23-2018, 11:07 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by JimL View Post
      Right MM. Apparently the 4 republican appointed judges who approved the warrant and renewed it 4 times are all part of the deep state as well. You're such a tool, MM. And btw, the application made it perfectly clear who payed for the Steele dossier and for what purpose the data was to be used, which the lie in the above just goes to show what biased nonsense your refrences are.
      I thought who the FISA court judges were was classified.
      Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

Got any source for that?

Didn't think so.
        The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by seer View Post
          I thought who the FISA court judges were was classified.
          They are appointed by the Chief Justice of SCOTUS without oversight or confirmation. Don't know if they're actually "classified", but it most certainly is supposed to be a "secret court".

For the record, I have my concerns with this particular process.
          The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
            For the record, I have my concerns with this particular process.
            Do you have something to hide?
            Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

Comment

Do you have something to hide?
              I've asked you not to mention that in public!

Comment

There is a great deal of concern that they were deliberately misled. Being led to believe that the Steele document was an intelligence report rather than nothing but opposition research full of unsubstantiated rumors and innuendos put together by the Hillary campaign. Being told that the corroborating evidence in the media was simply their reporting what was leaked to them from the Steele document for the expressed purpose of creating the illusion of there being different sources.

ETA: Another piece of supposed independent evidence was a letter from Senate Minority Leader Harry Reid (the same slimeball who was so proud about how his lying helped torpedo Romney -- "well it worked, didn't it?") to Comey citing information he got from John Brennan -- which came directly from the Steele dossier.
                Last edited by rogue06; 07-23-2018, 12:56 PM.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Ever done a FOIA request?

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                  "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                  "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                    Ever done a FOIA request?
                    Not in the last three years.

Comment

Not in the last three years.
                      How thick was it? The one I got not long after 9/11 was as thick as my thumb and started when I was in Junior High

Comment

oops...

Comment

oops...
                          And stop calling me shirley!

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                            There is a great deal of concern that they were deliberately misled. Being led to believe that the Steele document was an intelligence report rather than nothing but opposition research full of unsubstantiated rumors and innuendos put together by the Hillary campaign. Being told that the corroborating evidence in the media was simply their reporting what was leaked to them from the Steele document for the expressed purpose of creating the illusion of there being different sources.

ETA: Another piece of supposed independent evidence was a letter from Senate Minority Leader Harry Reid (the same slimeball who was so proud about how his lying helped torpedo Romney -- "well it worked, didn't it?") to Comey citing information he got from John Brennan -- which came directly from the Steele dossier.
                            And let's not forget this was largely about getting at Trump through Carter Page, that Page was somehow a Russian mole - yet Page was never charged with anything.

Comment

Meanwhile...

The weekend release of a highly-redacted version of the FBI's application for a Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Act warrant to wiretap onetime Trump foreign policy adviser Carter Page has renewed the argument over the Nunes memo — the brief report produced by House Intelligence Committee Chairman Rep. Devin Nunes detailing problems in the application. From the time of the memo's release in February, Democrats and some in the press have denounced it as a collection of lies and mischaracterizations. On Saturday night, the denouncing started again. "The only thing the newly released FISA documents show is that Republicans have been lying for months," the lefty think tank Center for American Progress said in a typical response.

Now, however, we have both the memo and the FISA application, if in a blacked-out state. We can compare the two. And doing so shows the Nunes memo was overwhelmingly accurate. Perhaps some Democrats do not believe it should have been written, or they dispute what it included and left out, or they do not agree with its conclusions, but it was in fact accurate.

The memo comprised a short introduction followed by 13 substantive paragraphs. Here is a look at each one.

FISA warrant application supports Nunes memo

Comment