Announcement

Collapse

Animal Husbandry 101 Guidelines

Greetings Animal Lovers!

Welcome to Animal Husbandry 101, this is the place for all things animal.

Did you get a new pet? Tell us about it.Do you have a question about pet care? Ask it here. Are you thinking about getting a pet? Let us know.

There are a great many animal lovers at Tweb anxious to hear about and join in the fun.

In addition to the regular set of rules called the DECORUM, others rules will be enforced here as well.

1) Please keep all pets on a leash.
2) Please clean up after those pets that aren't quite paper trained.
3) Gerbils are not good pets. It's a long story

Thank you and let the games begin.
See more
See less

Getting a new dog soon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
    Yeah, I was very proud of that strategery.
    My sister-in-law pretends to dislike her often referring to her as "that [term for a female dog]" but she's just needling my brother. The funny thing is that Wendy has fallen for my grandniece wanting to sleep with her when she's there (about three-quarters of the time). My brother does a good job hiding his jealousy because that's supposed to be his dog.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
    "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
      My sister-in-law pretends to dislike her often referring to her as "that [term for a female dog]" but she's just needling my brother. The funny thing is that Wendy has fallen for my grandniece wanting to sleep with her when she's there (about three-quarters of the time). My brother does a good job hiding his jealousy because that's supposed to be his dog.
      Yeah, as I've said before, I didn't even WANT a dog - it was all Mrs CP's idea. Now she's mad at me because, any time I'm around, Jake wants to hang with me and totally ignore her. Only when I'm not home does he pay much attention to her at all, and I suspect it has something to do with her liking to give him snackies.
      The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Yeah, as I've said before, I didn't even WANT a dog - it was all Mrs CP's idea. Now she's mad at me because, any time I'm around, Jake wants to hang with me and totally ignore her. Only when I'm not home does he pay much attention to her at all, and I suspect it has something to do with her liking to give him snackies.
        Before they moved when I would visit she tended to get up on the chair with me almost as much she does with him -- unless my grandniece is around. Dogs tend to like me. And I much rather have her up there than Mr. Biggles. He's 140 lbs. of whimpering wimp (my brother calls him his big gay dog or Nathan Lane[1]), especially if there is a storm within 50 miles or fireworks. He would open the hall closet pull everything on the floor out into the hall and hide inside. I really wonder what'll happen if they ever have a hurricane. The only exception is with other dogs -- especially males. Then he's aggressively an Alpha brooking not even the slightest sign of disrespect.

1. Nobody will ever say my brother is P.C.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
        "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
        "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

So I am finally, almost, getting a new dog!

My cousin's friend who breeds schnauzers was all set to breed her schnauzers in the spring. But her female got in heat and she put her in a cage to keep the male away. Then she heard some cage rattling and found the female backed up to the cage wall and the male doing his thang. Puppies are due at the end of December and should be ready to go home sometime in February.

Maybe I should name the pup Bootie Call.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post

My cousin's friend who breeds schnauzers was all set to breed her schnauzers in the spring. But her female got in heat and she put her in a cage to keep the male away. Then she heard some cage rattling and found the female backed up to the cage wall and the male doing his thang. Puppies are due at the end of December and should be ready to go home sometime in February.

My youngest daughter is in the process of maybe getting a new GREAT DANE! This PUPPY is almost as big as she is. Her Roxie (very sweet and gentle pit bull) is reaching end of life

But, Sparko -- why stop at ONE?
            The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

My youngest daughter is in the process of maybe getting a new GREAT DANE! This PUPPY is almost as big as she is. Her Roxie (very sweet and gentle pit bull) is reaching end of life

But, Sparko -- why stop at ONE?
              Because I am not a dog hoarder!

I had two schnauzers once, because a friend moved into an apartment and couldn't have pets. While it gives the dogs someone to play with, it is a handful to deal with. Twice the cost of everything too, especially vet bills.

My brother's friend has two Great Danes. Very friendly. But really not good house dogs. They think they are puppies and want to sit in your lap and you need to carry a towel around with you to wipe off all the slobber.

Comment

Because I am not a dog hoarder!

I had two schnauzers once, because a friend moved into an apartment and couldn't have pets. While it gives the dogs someone to play with, it is a handful to deal with. Twice the cost of everything too, especially vet bills.

My brother's friend has two Great Danes. Very friendly. But really not good house dogs. They think they are puppies and want to sit in your lap and you need to carry a towel around with you to wipe off all the slobber.
                And that amazes me that she went with Great Danes, cause she's a CLEAN nut - almost obsessive compulsively, and, yes ---- they throw slobber around like liberals do with everybody else's money!

Comment

And that amazes me that she went with Great Danes, cause she's a CLEAN nut - almost obsessive compulsively, and, yes ---- they throw slobber around like liberals do with everybody else's money!
                  Here are the Great Danes 'attacking' my sister-in-law. Like freakin horses.

danes.jpg

Comment

Here are the Great Danes 'attacking' my sister-in-law. Like freakin horses.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]33046[/ATTACH]
                    Yup - Cooper (daughter's Great Dane) just wants to be cuddled like a little kitten, not understanding he's actually a small horse.

Comment

Puppies are a lot of work, but I think it is worthwhile (especially if you do not have a lot of choices).
                      Micah 6:8 He has told you, O man, what is good; and what does the LORD require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God?

Comment

Originally posted by Jedidiah View Post
                        Puppies are a lot of work, but I think it is worthwhile (especially if you do not have a lot of choices).
                        yeah. I will probably take two weeks off when I get him/her to hopefully get some potty training done and teach it to stay alone and not freak out.

Comment

yeah. I will probably take two weeks off when I get him/her to hopefully get some potty training done and teach it to stay alone and not freak out.
                          Just do like I did - Jake peed in the house ONE TIME, because he was quicker than me, so I explained to him that four-legged critters pee outside, and two-legged critters pee indoors. He did a quick count, then peed outside from then on.

Comment

One word:

Cat.

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

Originally posted by mossrose View Post
                              One word:

Cat.
                              One word:

Evil.

Comment

One word:

Evil.
                                One word:

Pfft.

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

widgetinstance 221 (Related Threads) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                                Working...
                                X