Announcement

Collapse

Animal Husbandry 101 Guidelines

Greetings Animal Lovers!

Welcome to Animal Husbandry 101, this is the place for all things animal.

Did you get a new pet? Tell us about it.Do you have a question about pet care? Ask it here. Are you thinking about getting a pet? Let us know.

There are a great many animal lovers at Tweb anxious to hear about and join in the fun.

In addition to the regular set of rules called the DECORUM, others rules will be enforced here as well.

1) Please keep all pets on a leash.
2) Please clean up after those pets that aren't quite paper trained.
3) Gerbils are not good pets. It's a long story

Thank you and let the games begin.
See more
See less

Getting a new dog soon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mossrose View Post
    Get a cat.

Much less work.
    So are fish but that isn't what he wants. If you want something that thinks he/she is God's gift to the world just get in a bad marriage.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
    "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by mossrose View Post
      You need a house cat, not a tiger.
      My aunt had a cat. When I was a kid I tried to play with it. I ended up with two shredded forearms. No thanks.

Comment

I want a dog. I'm going to miss the 3 little dogs we have left when I go back to the Frozen Nightmare. I would name my next dog Pooka. Or Barktok.

Also, no cats. Cats are not dogs. Dogs good. Cats bad.

"Fire is catching. If we burn, you burn with us!"
        "I'm not going anywhere. I'm going to stay here and cause all kinds of trouble."
        Katniss Everdeen

Christ our Passover has been sacrificed for us. Therefore let us keep the feast.

Comment

Bunch of haters.

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
            I don't like cats. When you try to wrestle with them you end up in the ER.
            Ever try baptizing one?

:shudder:

DRAT!
            The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
              Whenever I finally get another dog I'm gonna call him/her Dog but pronounced Dee-Oh-Gee, or D-O-G.

But that's just me.
              How many movies did John Wayne star in where he had a dog named dog?
              The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by thewriteranon View Post
                I want a dog. I'm going to miss the 3 little dogs we have left when I go back to the Frozen Nightmare. I would name my next dog Pooka. Or Barktok.

Also, no cats. Cats are not dogs. Dogs good. Cats bad.
                Amen sister! Hallelujah!

Currently I am leaning toward maybe Jack. Or maybe I will steal CP's dogs name and call him Jake.

Other names I am considering are Ranger, Bones (I like star trek and it sounds piratey), Digger, Tucker, Zeke.

Comment

I like cats alright, other folks cats that is. I would not want to have one.

When we lived out in the bush we had a cat. A sweet kitten who slept with us and everything like that. It grew up and moved 3 of 4 miles down the road, killed a neighbors cat and took over his female.
                  Micah 6:8 He has told you, O man, what is good; and what does the LORD require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God?

Comment

Currently I am leaning toward maybe Jack. Or maybe I will steal CP's dogs name and call him Jake.
                    My wife claims I call Jake "Jacob" 95% of the time.

When we got him from the shelter, his name was Lee. I told my wife I would not have a dog named Lee. She said, "OK, you name him".

My first choice was "dog". She nixed that. Jake was the result.

john wayne and dog.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post

When we got him from the shelter, his name was Lee. I told my wife I would not have a dog named Lee.
                      Just because he lost the War of Northern Aggression....
                      Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
                      sigpic
                      I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

Originally posted by One Bad Pig View Post
                        Just because he lost the War of Northern Aggression....
                        Laughing --- I didn't really know WHY I opposed the name "Lee".... Hmmmmm I think it was because that was my crazy aunt's name.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post

When we got him from the shelter, his name was Lee. I told my wife I would not have a dog named Lee. She said, "OK, you name him".

My first choice was "dog". She nixed that. Jake was the result.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]29228[/ATTACH]
                          When I got Taz from the rescue center, his name was Dickens. There was no way I was going to have a dog name Dickens. At the time us twebbers used to chat on Paltalk, and I was asking for name suggestions. I remember Luv1Another was making animal noises on the mic. "Dickens" was barking and making some odd noises that sounded like a Tasmanian Devil. Luv's nickname is Kaz and she is from Australia and I thought of Taz, the looney toons tasmanian devil, and Taz got his name.

Comment

Originally posted by Jedidiah View Post
                            I like cats alright, other folks cats that is. I would not want to have one.
                            It's kinda how I view children

Many of my friends and relatives have told me I would have made a great dad. How much their kids like me and love it when they see me. But I know myself better than anyone and I disagree. I just don't have the patience and I generally reply I have a secret. Whenever they get to be a handful I can decide it's time to leave. I couldn't or wouldn't do that if they're mine.

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                            "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                            "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                              It's kinda how I view children

Many of my friends and relatives have told me I would have made a great dad. How much their kids like me and love it when they see me. But I know myself better than anyone and I disagree. I just don't have the patience and I generally reply I have a secret. Whenever they get to be a handful I can decide it's time to leave. I couldn't or wouldn't do that if they're mine.

Comment

Uh... nooo. Just, no.

Comment

widgetinstance 221 (Related Threads) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                                Working...
                                X