Announcement

Collapse

Deeper Waters Forum Guidelines

Notice – The ministries featured in this section of TheologyWeb are guests of this site and in some cases not bargaining for the rough and tumble world of debate forums, though sometimes they are. Additionally, this area is frequented and highlighted for guests who also very often are not acclimated to debate fora. As such, the rules of conduct here will be more strict than in the general forum. This will be something within the discretion of the Moderators and the Ministry Representative, but we simply ask that you conduct yourselves in a manner considerate of the fact that these ministries are our invited guests. You can always feel free to start a related thread in general forum without such extra restrictions. Thank you.

Deeper Waters is founded on the belief that the Christian community has long been in the shallow end of Christianity while there are treasures of the deep waiting to be discovered. Too many in the shallow end are not prepared when they go out beyond those waters and are quickly devoured by sharks. We wish to aid Christians to equip them to navigate the deeper waters of the ocean of truth and come up with treasure in the end.

We also wish to give special aid to those often neglected, that is, the disabled community. This is especially so since our founders are both on the autism spectrum and have a special desire to reach those on that spectrum. While they are a special emphasis, we seek to help others with any disability realize that God can use them and that they are as the Psalmist says, fearfully and wonderfully made.

General TheologyWeb forum rules: here.
See more
See less

A strange question.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A strange question.

I remember once hearing about a concept called The Muses. If I remember correctly tragedy and such can be a muse. Why do I bring this up? AP brought up beauty recently and well I suppose I dont fully understsnd it. I know that what he is saying is true however. I wonder though why can I find tragedy beautiful at times? Why do I find the overcoming of trials beautiful. Why? For that matter why do ugly things either immediately repulse me like cockroaches or fascination like death and nihlism? I don't understand.
    sigpic

The Muses were 9 goddesses of the arts. The modern use of the word "muse" among creative people is used to describe things that give them inspiration for their art, not just things they find beautiful or interesting.

muses.gif

"Fire is catching. If we burn, you burn with us!"
    "I'm not going anywhere. I'm going to stay here and cause all kinds of trouble."
    Katniss Everdeen

Christ our Passover has been sacrificed for us. Therefore let us keep the feast.

Comment

Originally posted by thewriteranon View Post
      The Muses were 9 goddesses of the arts. The modern use of the word "muse" among creative people is used to describe things that give them inspiration for their art, not just things they find beautiful or interesting.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]29310[/ATTACH]
      Oh ok. Thank you. So why do we find different things beautiful and engaging? I find a dog to be beautiful but not cockroaches for instance.
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by TheWall View Post
        Oh ok. Thank you. So why do we find different things beautiful and engaging? I find a dog to be beautiful but not cockroaches for instance.
        Or amusing.
        When I Survey....

Comment

I read that big eyes have something to do with what animals we find pleasing to the eye...something about big eyes being closer to a human baby...idk don't quote me on that; I'm not much of a science person.

"Fire is catching. If we burn, you burn with us!"
          "I'm not going anywhere. I'm going to stay here and cause all kinds of trouble."
          Katniss Everdeen

Christ our Passover has been sacrificed for us. Therefore let us keep the feast.

Comment

Muse is also a very good alternative rock band from England.
            "I am not angered that the Moral Majority boys campaign against abortion. I am angry when the same men who say, "Save OUR children" bellow "Build more and bigger bombers." That's right! Blast the children in other nations into eternity, or limbless misery as they lay crippled from "OUR" bombers! This does not jell." - Leonard Ravenhill

Comment

Well, to muse can have the meaning: to think about something carefully and for a long time. So to be amused is not to think, referring to being entertained.
              . . . the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; . . . -- Romans 1:16 KJV

. . . that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures; And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures: . . . -- 1 Corinthians 15:3-4 KJV

Whosoever believeth that Jesus is the Christ is born of God: . . . -- 1 John 5:1 KJV

Comment

I hate to say it, but the question is one I still think about. I know my wife is beautiful. I cannot explain why. She just is.

Comment