Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Man self-identifies as woman for lower insurance - liberals go nuts.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Man self-identifies as woman for lower insurance - liberals go nuts.

Canadian Man Changes Gender for Cheaper Car Insurancehttps://www.dailywire.com/news/33709...ign=benshapiro

Someone finally took advantage of what the liberals kept fighting for, to just self-identify as anything you want, and now they are upset.

(from Muz on facebook)

I'm going to identify as a man to avoid paying more for haircuts and drycleaning.

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

Originally posted by mossrose View Post
      I'm going to identify as a man to avoid paying more for haircuts and drycleaning.

Having managed five dry cleaners for a friend until he sold the businesses I can tell you it's how the clothing is made that is why women's clothes cost more to dry clean. Men's clothes (especially suit jackets) are more durable and less likely to be damaged during the process and thus paid for.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
      "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
      "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
        Canadian Man Changes Gender for Cheaper Car Insurancehttps://www.dailywire.com/news/33709...ign=benshapiro

Someone finally took advantage of what the liberals kept fighting for, to just self-identify as anything you want, and now they are upset.

(from Muz on facebook)
        I suppose the issue here is that he doesn't really identify as a woman and openly admitted that he only did so to take advantage of the system. But I'm not sure what the solution would be to prevent this sort of thing in the future. Subject every person who wants to claim a different gender to a psychological evaluation to ensure that their disorder is genuine? What would liberals say to that?

Once again, we see how liberal policies lead to some pretty nasty unintended consequences.
        Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
        But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
        Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
          Having managed five dry cleaners for a friend until he sold the businesses I can tell you it's how the clothing is made that is why women's clothes cost more to dry clean. Men's clothes (especially suit jackets) are more durable and less likely to be damaged during the process and thus paid for.
          How does that explain why men pay less for a haircut than women. Especially when my hair is often shorter than my husband's.

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

Originally posted by mossrose View Post
            How does that explain why men pay less for a haircut than women. Especially when my hair is often shorter than my husband's.
            Wimmenfolk are more picky hence more time spent?

And why are you married to a hippy?

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
            "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
            "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

I'm headed out for a bite to eat at a place that offers free meals to children six and under. I think I'll tell them that I self-identify as a five year old and am willing to demonstrate it if need be

Comment

I'm headed out for a bite to eat at a place that offers free meals to children six and under. I think I'll tell them that I self-identify as a five year old and am willing to demonstrate it if need be
                I want to see the video.
                Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
                But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
                Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Somebody told me years ago that another reason is cause women's blouses and tops "button backwards", and require extra attention in pressing.
                  The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post

(from Muz on facebook)
                    I've never been able to take the whole transgender thing seriously except perhaps in the case of a truly mixed gender physicality. We are except in very rare cases physically either male or female. It's not something we ask for or can actually change. And pretending to be something one would rather be when one is not just always seemed somewhat silly.

Jim
                    Last edited by oxmixmudd; 07-30-2018, 04:34 PM.
                    My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                      Somebody told me years ago that another reason is cause women's blouses and tops "button backwards", and require extra attention in pressing.
                      Take a look at the jackets from a business suit. If you hold up a woman's jacket to a light you can see the light with no trouble. When you hold up a man's jacket it completely blocks the light. Men's suit jackets are made of better and thicker material and use much thicker thread for the stitching. At least this was the case in the mid-early 90s.

Comment

I seemed to have the waitress almost buffaloed until I ordered a margarita with the meal. Drat.

Comment

Take a look at the jackets from a business suit. If you hold up a woman's jacket to a light you can see the light with no trouble. When you hold up a man's jacket it completely blocks the light. Men's suit jackets are made of better and thicker material and use much thicker thread for the stitching. At least this was the case in the mid-early 90s.
                          The stitching seems particularly durable.

The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                            The stitching seems particularly durable.

Glad to see you're enjoying the jacket I sent Mrs. CP for you to wear.

Comment

Glad to see you're enjoying the jacket I sent Mrs. CP for you to wear.
                              Good thing there are those "speak and type" programs, eh?

Comment