Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Portland Police Refused To Help ICE Agents Who Called 911, Agents Say

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Cerebrum123 View Post
    Given the people you picked you practically proved my point.
    And I suspect he had to embellish it by adding "one other".... Kinda like "EVERYBODY says...."
    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Starlight View Post
      Or perhaps I'm perfectly used to having intelligent disagreements on many issues with fellow scientists on a daily basis when discussing the possible merits of different hypotheses and don't see anyone who disagrees with me as crazy and/or evil and am perfectly well-balanced when it comes to having disagreements, and it's just that many of the religious conservatives on this site actually are crazy and/or evil.

It's not as if it's just me who thinks that - 3 of my friends who used to post here (Jaecp, Sam, and one other years ago) have left the site in disgust at how crazy people here are. This site, for whatever reason, does seem to attract the dregs of US conservative religious insanity.
      Jaecp still comes around from time to time (just 2 days ago) playing the role of Wormtongue and whispering in certain folks ears

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
      "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
      "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

You know how the liberals get so upset if someone from one culture interferes with another or tries to appropriate part of that culture, like making tacos or wearing a style of dress? Cultural Appropriation.

They should have a term for people from one country trying to tell the people in another country how they should be running their country. Like Starlight, Charles and Tassman keep doing. Claiming they know more about our country's government than we do and how it should be run. I haven't seen anyone telling them how Australia or New Zealand, or Denmark should be run (or wherever Charles is from)

Comment

I doubt very highly that we are crazy but just for giggles.

download (3).jpeg
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by TheWall View Post
            I doubt very highly that we are crazy but just for giggles.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]29428[/ATTACH]
            But to the lost, our faith is foolishness, and Jesus expected that the world would hate us.
            The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
              Jaecp still comes around from time to time (just 2 days ago) playing the role of Wormtongue and whispering in certain folks ears
              Kinda like "Occupy Tweb", but clandestinely?

Comment

Originally posted by Dimbulb View Post
                I think the police should have responded... to ensure the citizens were protected from ICE.

Abolish ICE.
                And yet you support strict immigration laws in your own country.

Hypocritical much?
                Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
                But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
                Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Originally posted by Chuckles View Post
                  They separated innocent children from their parents. They caused a tremendeous suffering for the least of these. And you know it but prefer to ask questions instead of confronting the problem.
                  Statler: That post was terrible!

Chuck: You think you could do batter?

Waldorf: We certainly couldn't do worse!

Statler and Waldorf: Oh ho ho ho!

s-l1000.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
                    I haven't seen anyone telling them how Australia or New Zealand, or Denmark should be run (or wherever Charles is from)
                    Mostly because none of us really give a crap about those countries.

But like a radio talk show host said some years ago, "People hate America for the same reason that people hate the New York Yankees: because they're better than everybody else and just keep winning."

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                      Ah, yet another liberal who doens't believe in due process. Let's condemn the ICE personnel in Portland, Oregon because we believe OTHER agents acted inappropriately.
                      I'm not exactly an expert in US geography, but even I know that Portland is a long long way from the Mexican border.
                      Jorge: Functional Complex Information is INFORMATION that is complex and functional.

MM: First of all, the Bible is a fixed document.
                      MM on covid-19: We're talking about an illness with a better than 99.9% rate of survival.

seer: I believe that so called 'compassion' [for starving Palestinian kids] maybe a cover for anti Semitism, ...

Comment

correction the left's childish temper tantrum over Trump winning is getting uglier every day.
                        Last edited by RumTumTugger; 08-01-2018, 09:43 AM.

Comment

Continued to participate in an extrajudicial organisation that has been committing genocide (kidnapping the children of a minority group). The onus is on them all to resign immediately.
                          Which wouldn't help. I'd prefer they stay in the organisation and improve it, possibly by getting rid of those members of ICE that are responsible. .
                          Jorge: Functional Complex Information is INFORMATION that is complex and functional.

MM on covid-19: We're talking about an illness with a better than 99.9% rate of survival.

seer: I believe that so called 'compassion' [for starving Palestinian kids] maybe a cover for anti Semitism, ...

Comment

Doofus, kidnapping and genocide are crimes. So is failure to comply with the court orders saying "no you can't do that, that's criminal, reunite the children with their parents immediately", which they are still in serious violation of to this day.
                            inability to show any genocide noted.

Starlight needs to admit he was wrong about the genocide or be known for the anti intellectual fool he continually shows himself to be.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
                              They should have a term for people from one country trying to tell the people in another country how they should be running their country.
                              "Person Openly Trash-talking Unrelated States".

Comment

Originally posted by Roy View Post
                                Which wouldn't help. I'd prefer they stay in the organisation and improve it, possibly by getting rid of those members of ICE that are responsible. .
                                Unfortunately, those in "law enforcement" are very much like those in "medicine" or "education"... there's a "circle the wagons" mentality that protects "us" vs "them".

Comment