Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Is this who you are?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Sparko View Post
    Yeah since they are innocent, they were separated so they would not end up in jail with their parents who were NOT innocent. They stayed in nice camps with beds and food and school. Better conditions then they experienced with their parents crossing 2000 miles of desert filled with scorpions and snakes.

But again, the law was placed there by congress, not Trump. And Trump signed an executive order stopping it. So Trump FIXED the problem. Great guy! Glad I voted for him.
    I am also glad he stopped it. I am absolutely not happy he started it and let it continue until criticism was too intense (even though many Evangelicals were sleeping). And I find it rather surprising to see people you trying to give the impression that this was all out of his hands, not his decision and not his responsibility until he stopped it. Before that it was all just a machinery that the PRESIDENT of the USA could not possibly do anything about. Was there a law that would forbid them to keep track on who the parents were? But then again, let's not hold him responsible... He is not Hillary and what about Obama and stop being hysterical and care about the children because.... After all were not really, you know...
    "Yes. President Trump is a huge embarrassment. And it’s an embarrassment to evangelical Christianity that there appear to be so many who will celebrate precisely the aspects that I see Biblically as most lamentable and embarrassing." Southern Baptist leader Albert Mohler Jr.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
      Including the hundreds of thousands of unborn ones, Charles? Or are they expendable.
      How dare you suggest I think so?
      "Yes. President Trump is a huge embarrassment. And it’s an embarrassment to evangelical Christianity that there appear to be so many who will celebrate precisely the aspects that I see Biblically as most lamentable and embarrassing." Southern Baptist leader Albert Mohler Jr.

Comment

You didn't hear that "whooshing" sound, Charles?
        Again this is how much a so called Christian cares.

Comment

• Originally posted by Charles View Post
          Is this like Jeopardy - you thought you had to answer in the form of a question?

Meanwhile, calm yourself, Charles. Mine actually WAS in the form of a question. Care to answer?
          The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Is this like Jeopardy - you thought you had to answer in the form of a question?

Meanwhile, calm yourself, Charles. Mine actually WAS in the form of a question. Care to answer?
            I have answered. The answer was that your question was not decent since it suggest the possibility that I would hold a view that is inhumane. Are you able to connect the dots...?

Comment

I have answered. The answer was that your question was not decent since it suggest the possibility that I would hold a view that is inhumane. Are you able to connect the dots...?
              Charles, I had NO idea what your views were on abortion - so I asked. I apologize for triggering you. Need a tissue?
              The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Charles, I had NO idea what your views were on abortion - so I asked. I apologize for triggering you. Need a tissue?
                No, I need the so called Christians to seriously participate in moral discussions. It seems you are not too happy about it.

Comment

No, I need the so called Christians to seriously participate in moral discussions. It seems you are not too happy about it.

Comment

I am also glad he stopped it. I am absolutely not happy he started it and let it continue until criticism was too intense (even though many Evangelicals were sleeping). And I find it rather surprising to see people you trying to give the impression that this was all out of his hands, not his decision and not his responsibility until he stopped it. Before that it was all just a machinery that the PRESIDENT of the USA could not possibly do anything about. Was there a law that would forbid them to keep track on who the parents were? But then again, let's not hold him responsible... He is not Hillary and what about Obama and stop being hysterical and care about the children because.... After all were not really, you know...
                    LOL, even when you get what you claim you wanted (and basically admitted you had no idea what is going on) you still can't accept it and move on. Chuck, your agenda is pretty clear. You don't care about the children. You don't even care about Trump. All you want to do is run around tweb attacking Christians with made-up outrage.

Well, have fun. As long as you don't break the rules you are free to act like the little twit that you are.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sparko View Post
                      LOL, even when you get what you claim you wanted (and basically admitted you had no idea what is going on) you still can't accept it and move on. Chuck, your agenda is pretty clear. You don't care about the children. You don't even care about Trump. All you want to do is run around tweb attacking Christians with made-up outrage.

Well, have fun. As long as you don't break the rules you are free to act like the little twit that you are.
                      I did not get what I wanted when you pretended Trump was not responsible and when you wrote as if he was just a hero who stopped the madness but forgot that he also started it.

It seems I must repeatedly remind you that many of my friends are Christians, that I think many Christians in here post interesting stuff, that I do not support Hillary or whatever. It is a joke that you guys are repeating that stupid stuff when you cannot really come up with anything else.

But, again, you guys are not really Christians. It is rather easy to see.

Comment

But, again, you guys are not really Christians.
                        Cool. Anything else?

Comment

I'd like to clear this up, since I may have improperly assumed. Do you support abortion on demand? If not, why not?

More firmly on topic (of this side conversation, at any rate), I agree that it is generally not good policy to separate children from their parents. You appear to be arguing that it is never, ever good policy to do so, regardless of what negative consequences for the children may occur if they are kept together, and regardless of the child's actual relationship with the purported parent. I would like to believe that children would never be used as shields for drug smugglers, that parents would not send their children on dangerous journeys with coyotes, and that human trafficking across the border does not occur; unfortunately, there is evidence otherwise.
                          Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
                          sigpic
                          I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

I did not get what I wanted when you pretended Trump was not responsible and when you wrote as if he was just a hero who stopped the madness but forgot that he also started it.

It seems I must repeatedly remind you that many of my friends are Christians, that I think many Christians in here post interesting stuff, that I do not support Hillary or whatever. It is a joke that you guys are repeating that stupid stuff when you cannot really come up with anything else.

But, again, you guys are not really Christians. It is rather easy to see.
                            Let me think... how much do I care about what a hate filled, anti Christian troll thinks?
                            "The man from the yacht thought he was the first to find England; I thought I was the first to find Europe. I did try to found a heresy of my own; and when I had put the last touches to it, I discovered that it was orthodoxy."
                            GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

Changing perspective from those responsible for the law and the policies to the law enforcement officials wont take the responsibility away. It has also become painfully obvious that you are unwilling to consider whether laws and policies are just. The distinction between something being law and something being morally justifiable should be rather obvious to a Christian. But then again.

I believe you actually know the situations you are comparing do not compare and that there is nothing as simple as a law just being a law and that those who are responsible for the law and its' enforcement cannot simply turn their blind eye to the idea of what is just.
                              If I crossed through dangerous land, with little to no food or water, would CPS let me keep my children? Yes or no?
                              Last edited by lilpixieofterror; 08-03-2018, 09:40 PM.
                              "The man from the yacht thought he was the first to find England; I thought I was the first to find Europe. I did try to found a heresy of my own; and when I had put the last touches to it, I discovered that it was orthodoxy."
                              GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

• Originally posted by lilpixieofterror View Post
                                If I crossed a dangerous dessert, with little to no food or water, would CPS let me keep my children? Yes or no?
                                Depends on what type of dessert it was

"I am not angered that the Moral Majority boys campaign against abortion. I am angry when the same men who say, "Save OUR children" bellow "Build more and bigger bombers." That's right! Blast the children in other nations into eternity, or limbless misery as they lay crippled from "OUR" bombers! This does not jell." - Leonard Ravenhill

Comment