Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

A Liberal's View of Kavanaugh

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A Liberal's View of Kavanaugh

When this popped up in my news feed, I was immediately intrigued. It's a pretty compelling opinion peace from Lisa Blatt, liberal feminist lawyer who has argued numerous cases before SCOTUS. I am always interested when someone steps outside of their "bubble" and voices an opinion that would normally be considered "for the other side," especially when they are qualified to do so.

I agree with her assessment that Democrats should stop resisting, but I don't think they will. In this "us-versus-them" climate, the political consequences from their base would likely be telling, especially this close to elections. The exception, of course, will be Democrats up for reelection in strongly conservative states.

I think the left needs to accept that SCOTUS has been skewed to the right for probably the next generation.
    The ultimate weakness of violence is that it is a descending spiral begetting the very thing it seeks to destroy...returning violence for violence multiplies violence, adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars. Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that. Martin Luther King

I would unite with anybody to do right and with nobody to do wrong. Frederick Douglas

Originally posted by carpedm9587 View Post
    When this popped up in my news feed, I was immediately intrigued. It's a pretty compelling opinion peace from Lisa Blatt, liberal feminist lawyer who has argued numerous cases before SCOTUS. I am always interested when someone steps outside of their "bubble" and voices an opinion that would normally be considered "for the other side," especially when they are qualified to do so.

I agree with her assessment that Democrats should stop resisting, but I don't think they will. In this "us-versus-them" climate, the political consequences from their base would likely be telling, especially this close to elections. The exception, of course, will be Democrats up for reelection in strongly conservative states.

I think the left needs to accept that SCOTUS has been skewed to the right for probably the next generation.
    watch the leftist attack her and say she is no true liberal or feminist and her husband is writing all her opinions.

Comment

Originally posted by RumTumTugger View Post
      watch the leftist attack her and say she is no true liberal or feminist and her husband is writing all her opinions.
      She called him a superstar - she is so screwed...
      Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

Did Kavanaugh lie to the senate in 2006 about authorship of the notorious torture memos?
        “I think God, in creating man, somewhat overestimated his ability.” ― Oscar Wilde
        “And if there were a God, I think it very unlikely that He would have such an uneasy vanity as to be offended by those who doubt His existence” ― Bertrand Russell
        “not all there” - you know who you are

Comment