Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Britain's Terror

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by KingsGambit View Post
    It's a "constant threat" anywhere, like any number of things. But it's not one I'd lose sleep over if there, like how I don't lose sleep over the prospect of getting shot in the US despite the international media highlighting gun violence as a constant issue in the US (which some non-US members on here have picked up on ).

And, no, I don't acknowledge that the UK is a constant war zone. For perspective, more people have been killed in school shootings in the US than have been killed by Islamic terrorists in the UK in the last few years according to a quick comparison of Googled statistics.
    Well, M15 director Andrew Parker is on record stating that Islamic terror facing the UK (and elsewhere, that you acknowledge) ...is complex to combat and unlikely to abate significantly for some time...intense, unrelenting and multidimensional...

Comment

Originally posted by EvoUK View Post
      Islamic terrorism is a thing now across a lot of countries
      Why do you think that is? What, pray tell, is the cause of this Islamic terrorism?

and as KingsGambit says, a sense of perspective is helpful, and stops one being so scared of the improbable as you seem to be.
      Not being scared is a woefully inadequate plan to combat intense, unrelenting and multidimensional radical Islamic ideology.

You still haven't specified why you seem to think it's a particular issue in the UK over other countries for example
      The UK seems to have left the Islamification of entire communities go un-checked resulting in no-go zones of sorts. These communities give birth to Islamic terrorists.

but you're right, there are some islamophobes here, unfortunately. But again that's not unique to the UK either...
      There is difference between Islamophobia and critical analysis of an ideology that clearly has extremist underpinnings.

Comment

MI5 director Andrew Parker:

I describe the terrorist threat as three dimensional because plots germinate at home, abroad and online. Terrorism operates across those three spaces. Online Daesh pumps out its vile propaganda and practical instruction. Daesh’s twisted ideology continues to influence vulnerable and violent individuals across Europe and beyond to use crude but deadly methods to kill: from stabbings to vehicle attacks; from bullets to bombs; from hard to soft targets. In Syria and other spaces of low or no governance Daesh still aspires to generate and direct devastating and more complex attacks.

Terrorism is not new. But, amplified and accelerated by the reach and tempo of technological change, it is now more global, more multi-dimensional and of a different order of pace and intensity than Hans-Georg and I have seen in our long careers.

Source: https://www.mi5.gov.uk/news/director...-bfv-symposium

I would like to hone in on the bold as that relates to my sentiment that no-go zones foster Islamic terrorism. We are all familiar with ghettos. Yet within the UK and other European nations, these ghettos take on a distinct profile, being a sort of Islamic state within a state, fueling Islamic terror via radical preachers and Islamic schools churning out education/propaganda. A safe-haven is thus formed for would-be terrorists to store weapons and make plans, often having the support of the community at large.

Perhaps EvoUK and those in privileged circumstances are content to simply avoid such locales. They feel secure in the fact that there is a greater risk of being struck by lightning than having their limbs blown off. So they choose to turn a blind eye to these Islamic societies being formed alongside their own; totally lacking integration and being hostile to free society whilst simultaneously exploiting it. Other Brits and Europeans choose to take more proactive measures by advocating for the deportation or jailing of radical preachers, cut funding from Saudi Arabia and Iran in relation to Mosque building and radical preachers, and work with those in the ghetto to stem the tide of radicalization.

EvoUK and Brit's of his ilk seem content to let the radical agenda unfold and proliferate right under their nose because "hey I'm all right, Jack!"

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
          And atheistic societies or governments have revealed themselves to be Utopias

Totalitarian societies, atheist OR religious, are never "Utopias". OTOH the societies that top the Human Development Index and the Happiness Index tend to be the more atheistic, secular societies.

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
            And atheistic societies or governments have revealed themselves to be Utopias

[ATTACH=CONFIG]29502[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=CONFIG]29503[/ATTACH]

And don't forget Pol Pot and the Kims in North Korea.
            While it's often spread around, from what I can tell it's very dubious as to whether the Stalin quote is real. This guy here
            Last edited by Terraceth; 08-04-2018, 10:53 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Scrawly View Post
              Why do you think that is? What, pray tell, is the cause of this Islamic terrorism?

Not being scared is a woefully inadequate plan to combat intense, unrelenting and multidimensional radical Islamic ideology.

The UK seems to have left the Islamification of entire communities go un-checked resulting in no-go zones of sorts. These communities give birth to Islamic terrorists.

There is difference between Islamophobia and critical analysis of an ideology that clearly has extremist underpinnings.
              Again, and much like your post below this one, a lack of sources for most of your conclusions is evident.

You also have no real idea about my views on any of your points, other than my general contempt for your opinions, overblown conclusions & scaremongering.

Currently the UKs main problem is the self-inflicted wound of Brexit and the excrement show our 'government' is turning it into.

Comment

We must counter Holy Terror by showing our unlimited contempt for God at every opportunity and doing everything we can to eradicate religiously inspired ideology and nationalism. When we see someone bow their head in prayer, we ought to think, no, stand your full height and be a man.

Comment

Originally posted by firstfloor View Post
                  We must counter Holy Terror by showing our unlimited contempt for God at every opportunity and doing everything we can to eradicate religiously inspired ideology and nationalism. When we see someone bow their head in prayer, we ought to think, no, stand your full height and be a man.
                  It's always good to see you, FF.
                  The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by firstfloor View Post
                    I do so enjoy your totally leftfield inputs

Comment

There are quite a few Brit's who disagree with evoUK. Indeed, many Brit's living in the UK are highlighting the systemic Islamic extremism that is festering in various communities. These "Islamic ghettos" are producing Islamic terrorism. You do acknowledge that there has been quite a bit of Islamic terrorism in the UK, yes?
                      No. Those of us who remember the 1970s know that the recent spate of attacks by Islamicists is minor in comparison to the number of terrorist attacks then.
                      Jorge: Functional Complex Information is INFORMATION that is complex and functional.

MM: First of all, the Bible is a fixed document.
                      MM on covid-19: We're talking about an illness with a better than 99.9% rate of survival.

seer: I believe that so called 'compassion' [for starving Palestinian kids] maybe a cover for anti Semitism, ...

Comment

I would like to hone in on the bold as that relates to my sentiment that no-go zones foster Islamic terrorism.
                        So what? We haven't got any no-go zones.
                        Jorge: Functional Complex Information is INFORMATION that is complex and functional.

MM on covid-19: We're talking about an illness with a better than 99.9% rate of survival.

seer: I believe that so called 'compassion' [for starving Palestinian kids] maybe a cover for anti Semitism, ...

Comment

Originally posted by Roy View Post
                          No. Those of us who remember the 1970s know that the recent spate of attacks by Islamicists is minor in comparison to the number of terrorist attacks then.
                          Yes, terrorist attacks are always acceptable as long as they're not as bad as previous ones.
                          The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                            Yes, terrorist attacks are always acceptable as long as they're not as bad as previous ones.
                            I didn't say they were acceptable, i said they were less than previous waves.

You know better than this.

Comment

Originally posted by Roy View Post
                              I didn't say they were acceptable, i said they were less than previous waves.

You know better than this.
                              Of course I do - just thought it was interesting that you saw a need to minimize the violence in that way.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                                Of course I do - just thought it was interesting that you saw a need to minimize the violence in that way.
                                I'm not minimizine it, just putting it into perspective and preventing Scrawly from exaggerating.

Comment