Announcement

Collapse

Prayer Requests and Praise Reports Guidelines

Post your prayers, your words of encouragement, edification and help to another in this thread.

This area is strictly non-debate, all faiths or non-faiths are allowed.

Please keep in mind the rules: here
See more
See less

Rewarded for Helping an Older Lady

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Correction to the thread title:

You were rewarded, until you done bragged about it.

(your church, on the other hand, still gets the $5,000)
    Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
    sigpic
    I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
      As Cow Pokes self-appointed literary agent, you each can reserve a personally numbered and signed copy of his best-selling new book by sending $100 to sparko@paypirate.com
      You wish.
      I am Punkinhead.

"I have missed you, Oh Grand High Priestess of the Order of the Stirring Pot"

~ Cow Poke aka CP aka Creacher aka ke7ejx's apprentice....

Comment

Originally posted by One Bad Pig View Post

I don't think he was bragging.
        I am Punkinhead.

"I have missed you, Oh Grand High Priestess of the Order of the Stirring Pot"

~ Cow Poke aka CP aka Creacher aka ke7ejx's apprentice....

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
          As Cow Pokes self-appointed literary agent, you each can reserve a personally numbered and signed copy of his best-selling new book by sending $100 to sparko@paypirate.com
          The mangy pirate intends on using an old Xerox machine to make copies and a rubber stamp duplicate of the prodder of bovine's signature to make his own "special edition limited issue[1]" versions. I, being CP's twin younger big brother of another mother, am expecting a signed and inscribed presentation edition bound in leather from one of his own cows.

1. limited by the number of folks he can sucker.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
          "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
          "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

I don't think the Lord is going to cheat me out of a blessing just because I shared it with my friends. That lady's hug was reward enough, besides God's richest blessings.

Matt 15:16 Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father which is in heaven.

They did, indeed.
            The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

We used have "testimony time" in Church when I was a kid, usually on Wednesday nights, I think, where people would share with others how good God had been to them.

I never saw it as "bragging" - and I wonder why we don't do that much anymore.

(one of our pastors used to call it "popcorn testimony time" - stand up, speak up, shut up, and sit down)
              The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                I don't think the Lord is going to cheat me out of a blessing just because I shared it with my friends. That lady's hug was reward enough, besides God's richest blessings.

Matt 15:16 Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father which is in heaven.

They did, indeed.
                I was poking you.
                Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
                sigpic
                I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

I was poking you.
                  OK - but I often hear that as a supposed valid argument -- in fact, I think that was something I went round and round on with Sam.

Comment