Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Mike Pence on how presidents should behave

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Charles View Post
    It's the double standard problem. But of course you missed that.
    No, what YOU keep missing is that Pence is keeping his standard, because you are full of hate and judgment.
    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
      No, what YOU keep missing is that Pence is keeping his standard, because you are full of hate and judgment.
      And what is Pence's standard, being an unprincipled, hypocritical suck up?

Comment

CP there is no argument in your post. I provided examples of Pence's double standards and all you can do is to say I am full of hate and judgment. Is that the best you can do? And if I provide evidence and you only base what you write on the idead that I am full of hate and judgment then I wonder who is really full of that. Perhaps you were inspired by Pence who avoided a difficult question by attacking Hillary instead of answering?
        "Yes. President Trump is a huge embarrassment. And it’s an embarrassment to evangelical Christianity that there appear to be so many who will celebrate precisely the aspects that I see Biblically as most lamentable and embarrassing." Southern Baptist leader Albert Mohler Jr.

Comment

• Originally posted by One Bad Pig View Post
          Yeah, he could've passively allowed or actively helped Hillary to become boss instead. I believe that's generally called "cutting off one's nose to spite one's face".
          Doesn't that term come from the legend of the pious virgin nuns who did in fact cut off their noses to preserve their virginity from rape (not that rape would have taken away their virginity). Not sure the analogy is apt in that case.

At any rate, while I'm not certain I could ever support Trump, even if I cynically was doing it only to get Pro-Life rules through, I can't fault Pence for doing it.

Comment

• The interesting question to me isn't whether Pence can morally support Trump. I believe he can, in as much as you work with what you have. The interesting thing is whether he can call out Hillary on moral failings, while sealing his lips about Trump, without being called a hypocrite. That's more difficult to me.

Comment

CP there is no argument in your post. I provided examples of Pence's double standards and all you can do is to say I am full of hate and judgment. Is that the best you can do? And if I provide evidence and you only base what you write on the idead that I am full of hate and judgment then I wonder who is really full of that. Perhaps you were inspired by Pence who avoided a difficult question by attacking Hillary instead of answering?
              They all do. It's the "go to" position for Trump supporters, presumably because they don't have answers to the hypocrisy and double standards of Trump and his associates.
              “He felt that his whole life was a kind of dream and he sometimes wondered whose it was and whether they were enjoying it.” - Douglas Adams.

Comment

• Originally posted by Leonhard View Post
                The interesting question to me isn't whether Pence can morally support Trump. I believe he can, in as much as you work with what you have. The interesting thing is whether he can call out Hillary on moral failings, while sealing his lips about Trump, without being called a hypocrite. That's more difficult to me.
                While I see your point my perspective is a bit different. If you morally support Trump, and if you support him in all sorts of media it will force you to seal your lips on issues that any moral character will need to speak clearly out against.
                "Yes. President Trump is a huge embarrassment. And it’s an embarrassment to evangelical Christianity that there appear to be so many who will celebrate precisely the aspects that I see Biblically as most lamentable and embarrassing." Southern Baptist leader Albert Mohler Jr.

Comment

CP there is no argument in your post.
                  Pence outlined a standard. He's living up to it. You have to use that to slam him because he's not attacking Trump over it. That is judgmental and hateful.
                  The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tassman View Post
                    They all do.
                    Your brushes are getting bigger and bigger, and your arguments are getting shallower and shallower.

It's the "go to" position for Trump supporters, presumably because they don't have answers to the hypocrisy and double standards of Trump and his associates.
                    Trump is fair game. Pence is living up to the standard he outlined. You have very LOW standards, apparently.

Comment

The interesting question to me isn't whether Pence can morally support Trump. I believe he can, in as much as you work with what you have. The interesting thing is whether he can call out Hillary on moral failings, while sealing his lips about Trump, without being called a hypocrite. That's more difficult to me.
                      That would be a more difficult position to defend, without allowing that, in that regard, Pence is no better than any other politician.

Comment

Doesn't that term come from the legend of the pious virgin nuns who did in fact cut off their noses to preserve their virginity from rape (not that rape would have taken away their virginity). Not sure the analogy is apt in that case.
                        Regardless where it came from, the analogy is apt; it's self-injury which won't make the outcome any better.
                        Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
                        sigpic
                        I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

Pence outlined a standard. He's living up to it. You have to use that to slam him because he's not attacking Trump over it. That is judgmental and hateful.
                          I actually showed you he is not living up to his standard. Cutting that away and calling me judgmental and hateful is not going to help your case. You cannot just make things up like that though it is what the supporters of "alternative facts" and "truth isn't truth" would like you to believe. I provided two videos showing how he does not live up to his standards. Now, if you want to discuss the subject, comment on those and on my comments on them instead of going for the ad hominem.

Comment

I actually showed you he is not living up to his standard.
                            I don't think you did. How bout trying one more time a little more succinctly - your best effort.

Comment

I don't think you did. How bout trying one more time a little more succinctly - your best effort.
                              Feel free to show me how I did not instead of going for the ad hominem and the straw man.

Comment

Feel free to show me how I did not instead of going for the ad hominem and the straw man.
                                Wow, asking you to clearly present your case is now an ad hominem? A little touchy, are we?

Comment