Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Mike Pence on how presidents should behave

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Chuckles View Post
    There is a huge difference and you know it. Pence set specific ideals particularly for the American president. He is now vice president in an administration in which the president certainly does not live up to being a role model. That is, he is now supporting and keeping someone who is not ideal due to his own criteria in power.

Back in the days when Pence was a critic of others, those ideals were important. Now they are seemingly not.

I sometimes envy the way of life in which you can cover things up with references to holy principles and apply them ad hoc.

If Jesus had said a certain kind of character should not hold a certain position and then changes his mind when it was for his own benefit, he would have been a hypocrite. But he was too wise to do se. He even said some rather wise words about the situation in which Pence has brought himself but I am afraid those words would contradict the Gospel of Mountain Man, particularly the part called The sermon in Trump Tower.
    You still haven't explained how it is a compromise of one's ideals to accept employment with a less than perfect boss. For all you know, Pence could be a positive influence in the Trump administration. You're like the Pharisees who condemned Jesus for eating with sinners.
    Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
    But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
    Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

• Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
      You still haven't explained how it is a compromise of one's ideals to accept employment with a less than perfect boss. For all you know, Pence could be a positive influence in the Trump administration. You're like the Pharisees who condemned Jesus for eating with sinners.
      Charles couldn't care less about Pence or Trump. This is just his way of attacking us Christians by association ("How dare you so-called Christians support such a hypocrite!?")

Comment

• Originally posted by Sparko View Post
        How could he become a Christian before becoming a Christian?
        Calvinists believe one must be born again BEFORE faith.
        Geislerminian Antinomian Kenotic Charispneumaticostal Gender Mutualist-Egalitarian.

Beige Federalist.

Nationalist Christian.

"Everybody is somebody's heretic."

Social Justice is usually the opposite of actual justice.

Proud member of the this space left blank community.

Would-be Grand Vizier of the Padishah Maxi-Super-Ultra-Hyper-Mega-MAGA King Trumpius Rex.

Justice for Ashli Babbitt!

Justice for Matthew Perna!

Arrest Ray Epps and his Fed bosses!

Comment

I think you mean "isn't"
          EGGzackly.
          The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
            EGGzackly.
            That is chickenist!

Comment

That is chickenist!
              What did the chicken say when she saw scrambled eggs?

"what a bunch of mixed up young 'uns"
              The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

What did the chicken say when she saw scrambled eggs?

"what a bunch of mixed up young 'uns"
                I have to admit I find that joke, and this whole discussion, somewhat offensive. Not personally for me, but for those unborn chickens who suffered during that holocaust.

Comment

What does it matter to you that a gentleman wishes to have a policy of prudence and common sense?
                  The point of contention is whether the policy is prudent and common sense, and it matters because the true reason is of detriment to the country to have such a leader and harmful to any woman working with Pence.

Comment

You still haven't explained how it is a compromise of one's ideals to accept employment with a less than perfect boss.
                    Pence did not merely accept employment with a less than perfect boss. He agreed to help that boss become the boss in the first place.
                    Jorge: Functional Complex Information is INFORMATION that is complex and functional.

MM: First of all, the Bible is a fixed document.
                    MM on covid-19: We're talking about an illness with a better than 99.9% rate of survival.

seer: I believe that so called 'compassion' [for starving Palestinian kids] maybe a cover for anti Semitism, ...

Comment

• Originally posted by Roy View Post
                      Pence did not merely accept employment with a less than perfect boss. He agreed to help that boss become the boss in the first place.
                      Pretty much in all jobs you are supposed to help your boss/employer.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                      "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                      "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

• Originally posted by Roy View Post
                        Yeah, he could've passively allowed or actively helped Hillary to become boss instead. I believe that's generally called "cutting off one's nose to spite one's face".
                        Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
                        sigpic
                        I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

• Originally posted by Psychic Missile View Post
                          The point of contention is whether the policy is prudent and common sense,
                          And many of us who practice it believe it is, or we wouldn't be doing it.

and it matters because the true reason is of detriment to the country to have such a leader and harmful to any woman working with Pence.
                          The reason that many of us practice it has absolutely nothing to do with Pence.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ignorant Roy View Post
                            And...?
                            Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
                            But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
                            Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

And...?
                              By doing so Pence helped to make sure that a person who was not fit to become the president by Pence's own criteria became the president anyway. That is why I see absolutely no reason to see Pence as some kind of shining moral star. He is ready to work against his own ideas and ideals when it serves his own purpose. Judging by the support Trump gets, I get the feeling the cult will not see any problem at all. It's all good....
                              "Yes. President Trump is a huge embarrassment. And it’s an embarrassment to evangelical Christianity that there appear to be so many who will celebrate precisely the aspects that I see Biblically as most lamentable and embarrassing." Southern Baptist leader Albert Mohler Jr.

Comment

• Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                                Pretty much in all jobs you are supposed to help your boss/employer.
                                Which is why you refuse certain jobs if you have got a moral integrity.
                                "Yes. President Trump is a huge embarrassment. And it’s an embarrassment to evangelical Christianity that there appear to be so many who will celebrate precisely the aspects that I see Biblically as most lamentable and embarrassing." Southern Baptist leader Albert Mohler Jr.

Comment