Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Mike Pence on how presidents should behave

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
    Yep,. that is what happened to me in my graphics course. The teachers were still teaching the old way of doing graphics like drawing fonts by hand or using rub off lettering! They didn't have a clue how to run the computers or use the software. I had to teach THEM. It was sad.
    I remember once, for grins, I thought I'd take a Web Design class at our local college. The version of (don't laugh) Microsoft FrontPage was TWO VERSIONS older than what was available at the time. After the first two classes, I realized this was a complete and total waste of my time. The "teacher" was basically going through some Powerpoint slides, and reading them to us.
    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
      Yeah, we got that.

OR, he's standing in line to do the job he believes he has been called to do.

Horsepucky.

OR, he's standing patiently in line to do the job he believes he has been called to do.
      So he believes he has been called to support someone who does not live up to his ideals?

And why have those ideas and ideals if you can get "called" to support someone who is not what you claim is the type of person who is fit to lead? I think the "called" thing sounds a bit hollow and made up. Among all the things I listed how many of them do you think he could honsestly claim he was "called" upon to support? Does being "called" upon take away moral issues... ??? I think you need to look for better standards for your ideas and ideals.

And "Horsepucky" is not even starting to sound like an argument.

Let's repeat what he said: Take a look at what he said:

"If you and I fall into bad moral habits, we can harm our families, our employers and our friends. The President of the United States can incinerate the planet. Seriously, the very idea that we ought to have at or less than the same moral demands placed on the Chief Executive that we place on our next door neighbor is ludicrous and dangerous." https://edition.cnn.com/2018/08/06/p...mns/index.html

And then he believed he got "called". And suddenly it did not mean what any reader would have thought it meant? I worry what else he might feel he gets "called" to do.
      Last edited by Charles; 08-09-2018, 10:57 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
        I remember once, for grins, I thought I'd take a Web Design class at our local college. The version of (don't laugh) Microsoft FrontPage was TWO VERSIONS older than what was available at the time. After the first two classes, I realized this was a complete and total waste of my time. The "teacher" was basically going through some Powerpoint slides, and reading them to us.
        I always liked Frontpage for some reason. It wasn't the best web design program by far, but it did a fairly good job and made it easy to churn out standard web sites.

Comment

I didn't miss anything. I was commenting on your behavior in general.
          Then you have missed even more than that word.

Comment

Originally posted by Charles View Post
            Then you have missed even more than that word.
            Why do you have to resort to insults?

Comment

Why do you have to resort to insults?
              It is a fact. I have said repetedly that I am not againt Christians but some of you continue to say I am. Strange thing.

Comment

It is a fact. I have said repetedly that I am not againt Christians but some of you continue to say I am. Strange thing.
                It is a fact that you resort to insults. sad.

Comment

It is a fact that you resort to insults. sad.
                  Bless your heart.

Comment

Bless your heart.
                    See? more insults.

Comment

• Originally posted by Charles View Post
                      So he believes he has been called to support someone who does not live up to his ideals?
                      That's just dumb.
                      The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sparko View Post
                        I always liked Frontpage for some reason. It wasn't the best web design program by far, but it did a fairly good job and made it easy to churn out standard web sites.
                        There were a couple of things I liked about it, like... I forget what they called it, but you could dynamically insert a page - like a menu or something - and when you changed that menu, the menu on the website was automatically updated without having to open or update FrontPage.

Comment

walks like it, talks like it....

Charles, serious question... are you an adult?

Comment

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                            That's just dumb.
                            Because...?

Comment

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                              walks like it, talks like it....

Charles, serious question... are you an adult?
                              Talks like it when saying some of my best friends are Christians? And when insisting I talk about some Christians and not all?

You might want to reconsider and go for something better than "horsepokey" or "That is just dumb" as an answer. Grown ups don't buy into that.

Serious question... are you an adult?

Comment

Talks like it when saying some of my best friends are Christians? And when insisting I talk about some Christians and not all?

You might want to reconsider and go for something better than "horsepokey" or "That is just dumb" as an answer. Grown ups don't buy into that.

Serious question... are you an adult?
                                "I know you are but what am I?" type arguments are usually only done by children, so I guess that answers CP's question. I am guessing you are about 15 by the way you act on tweb. That seems to be the age where you think you know everything and are smarter than "adults" - don't worry, you will grow out of it.

Comment