Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Mike Pence on how presidents should behave

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
    I have said before I almost wish they would impeach Trump so Pence would be President. I think he would make a better one morally. But not so sure if he is aggressive enough to get things done. My only worry is he might end up being another Jimmy Carter.
    I think Jimmy was a really intelligent guy*, but simply had no drive. He allowed himself to be shaped by the people around him, and, in my opinion, often yielded to bad advice.

*though he was not, as is often claimed, a "nuclear engineer" on nuclear submarines, and never commanded one.
    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
      I just read this again - it sounds like Pence was unknowingly making a case for why he and his wife should be First Family. Could well happen! I pray that it does.
      And yet when Pence showed how much morals and marriage meant to him by saying he wouldn't be alone in a room with a woman who wasn't his wife, he was castigated by the press and the liberals for it. They mocked him, called him a prude, a bigot, and a misogynist.

Comment

And yet when Pence showed how much morals and marriage meant to him by saying he wouldn't be alone in a room with a woman who wasn't his wife, he was castigated by the press and the liberals for it. They mocked him, called him a prude, a bigot, and a misogynist.
        And he HEARS FROM GOD!!!!
        The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Rightly so. If you can't be alone in a room with a woman besides your wife, your morals and marriage are dangling by a thread.

Comment

Originally posted by Psychic Missile View Post
            Rightly so. If you can't be alone in a room with a woman besides your wife, your morals and marriage are dangling by a thread.
            That's just ignorant. It's not that he (or I) can't be - it's just an exercise in good judgment -- there's a thread here where this horse has been thoroughly beaten.

Comment

He will never be accused of making a pass at a woman who works for him or of having an affair will he?

Comment

He will never be accused of making a pass at a woman who works for him or of having an affair will he?
                Nor will he be as likely to be charged with sexual misconduct by somebody who just wants to ruin his life.

Comment

It’s about keeping accusations from happening and roomers from starting. Can’t be accused of anything if you don’t put yourself in that sort of situation.
                  "The man from the yacht thought he was the first to find England; I thought I was the first to find Europe. I did try to found a heresy of my own; and when I had put the last touches to it, I discovered that it was orthodoxy."
                  GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

Originally posted by lilpixieofterror View Post
                    It’s about keeping accusations from happening and roomers from starting. Can’t be accused of anything if you don’t put yourself in that sort of situation.
                    Same thing with money - I never allow myself to be in a position of handling church money without a witness (in fact, most of the time I don't handle it at all, and am not present where it is being handled), and I insist that our church secretary do likewise. We have procedures in place to assure that...

A) the temptation to do something stupid is minimized
                    2) the opportunity for somebody to make false accusations is minimized.

Naturally, you can't keep nutty people from coming up with false allegations.

Comment

Originally posted by lilpixieofterror View Post
                      Dangblasted roomers smiley fist shake.gif smiley fist shake.gif

Sorry. I felt it was my duty to poke fun since another certain poker, who'll remain anonymous, but happens to be my older little twin brother from another mother, was asleep at the switch. Familial obligations and all that.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                      "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                      "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                        And he HEARS FROM GOD!!!!
                        If he did he would be doing things differently.
                        "Yes. President Trump is a huge embarrassment. And it’s an embarrassment to evangelical Christianity that there appear to be so many who will celebrate precisely the aspects that I see Biblically as most lamentable and embarrassing." Southern Baptist leader Albert Mohler Jr.

Comment

Originally posted by Charles View Post
                          If he did he would be doing things differently.
                          Your opinion is duly noted, O self-righteous one.
                          Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
                          sigpic
                          I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

That isn't a real concern. 99% of men don't follow Pence's policy and have no issue. Even if it were a problem, that would mean nobody should be alone with anyone because they could accuse you of anything.
                            Last edited by Psychic Missile; 08-07-2018, 03:49 PM.

Comment

Haven't you heard about the problem Joseph had in Egypt? He landed in jail for doing nothing wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by mikewhitney View Post
                                Haven't you heard about the problem Joseph had in Egypt? He landed in jail for doing nothing wrong.
                                PM will handwave that away as a fable.

Comment