Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Mike Pence on how presidents should behave

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Leonhard View Post
    Yeah but Cow Poke, Trump became the pick of the Republicans. That didn't happen by accident. I have a hard time buying the idea that the majority of conservatives wanted some other guy. I think most conservatives were excited by and wanted Trump.
    Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
    As for me and my house, we voted for somebody else in the primary.
    As did myself and my household. Texas did not go to Trump in the primary. I actively campaigned against Trump in the primaries. But like CP, I held my nose and voted Trump in the general election as the lesser of 2 evils.
    "What has the Church gained if it is popular, but there is no conviction, no repentance, no power?" - A.W. Tozer

"... there are two parties in Washington, the stupid party and the evil party, who occasionally get together and do something both stupid and evil, and this is called bipartisanship." - Everett Dirksen

Comment

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
      Like the part that says "let your yea be yea and your nay be nay" or "always be ready to give an answer"?

You should practice actually answering questions instead of hiding behind scripture out of context!

Are you an adult?
      So let's put the part of scripture you quoted a part of into the context of just the sentence it is a part of: "Always be prepared to give an answer to everyone who asks you to give the reason for the hope that you have."

So you were the one obviously quoting out of context since it is not about telling one's age.
      "Yes. President Trump is a huge embarrassment. And it’s an embarrassment to evangelical Christianity that there appear to be so many who will celebrate precisely the aspects that I see Biblically as most lamentable and embarrassing." Southern Baptist leader Albert Mohler Jr.

Comment

• Originally posted by Charles View Post
        So let's put the part of scripture you quoted a part of into the context of just the sentence it is a part of: "Always be prepared to give an answer to everyone who asks you to give the reason for the hope that you have."

So you were the one obviously quoting out of context since it is not about telling one's age.
        Yes, I was mocking you.

How old are you?
        The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• I think this sums it up in a very short and very telling way:

But the shamelessness of this administration, the dishonesty, the total indifference to facts, is something I haven’t seen before — at least not this blatant. I think it’s demoralized people and made them even more cynical about politics.
          I think the cumulative effect of all this lying is to make people deeply cynical about our entire system, and that’s very corrupting.
          Again, Trump’s lying is a big facilitator of all this corruption. This is a guy who will look right into the camera and lie without any hesitation at all. It’s hard to overstate what kind of tone that sets in an administration; it makes everyone more comfortable when they lie, when they deceive, when they cover things up.
          https://www.vox.com/2017/11/16/16643...-investigation

This is the administration that Pence with his once high ideals is a part of and seemingly continues to be a part of. Those of you who think he is justified in being part of it are supporting the last part of the first quote.

Thanks to Starlight for pointing to the article.
          "Yes. President Trump is a huge embarrassment. And it’s an embarrassment to evangelical Christianity that there appear to be so many who will celebrate precisely the aspects that I see Biblically as most lamentable and embarrassing." Southern Baptist leader Albert Mohler Jr.

Comment

I'm shocked. SHOCKED, I say!

Because he won the primary.
            In some ways the MSM are responsible for Trump in that they gave him far more coverage than all the other Republican candidates combined -- and initially it was relatively balanced not turning into full blown attack mode until it started to look like he had a very good chance of winning.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
            "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
            "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

This is the administration that Pence with his once high ideals is a part of and seemingly continues to be a part of. Those of you who think he is justified in being part of it are supporting the last part of the first quote.
              I hope you didn't pay very much for that mind reading course.
              The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

I hope you didn't pay very much for that mind reading course.
                Let me know when you have got an actual argument. I am too old for the ad hominems.

Comment

• Ryan is living proof—as is evangelical super star Mike Pence—that there is a new kind of Roman Catholic and evangelical conservative leader that has long since abandoned anything that could be called a prophetic voice on behalf of those Jesus called “The least of these.” Frank Schaeffer
                  https://frankschaefferblog.com/2018/...s-lying-mouth/

Comment

Let me know when you have got an actual argument. I am too old for the ad hominems.
                    Let me know when you say something worth an actual argument.

Comment

• This is called an opinion.

Comment

Let me know when you say something worth an actual argument.
                        Maybe we got it wrong. Maybe he is not a young kid. But an old man who is senile?

Comment

• Originally posted by Sparko View Post
                          Maybe we got it wrong. Maybe he is not a young kid. But an old man who is senile?
                          EGGzackly what I was thinking!!!

Comment

EGGzackly what I was thinking!!!

Comment

I think this sums it up in a very short and very telling way:

https://www.vox.com/2017/11/16/16643...-investigation

Thanks to Starlight for pointing to the article.
                              I don't know about you, but I've been cynical about politics for most of my adult life. I agree, the President should tell the truth. However, I find it massively hypocritical that the fine folks you've linked to are suddenly all angsty about it after having turned a blind eye to the last administration and Trump's primary opponent for exactly the same thing.
                              Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
                              sigpic
                              I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

...but not too old to play at reading minds, it seems.
                                Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
                                sigpic
                                I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment