Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Mike Pence on how presidents should behave

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Psychic Missile View Post
    That isn't a real concern. 99% of men don't follow Pence's policy and have no issue.
    Source, please.
    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
      Source, please.
      My source is reality. 99% of men do not follow this policy. False accusations of infidelity do not plague politicians, let alone anyone else. Actual cases of infidelity, which is what anyone with this dumbass policy is really worried about, happen all the time.

Comment

Originally posted by mikewhitney View Post
        Haven't you heard about the problem Joseph had in Egypt? He landed in jail for doing nothing wrong.
        A single incidence of something does not warrant active prevention, especially in a circumstance as far removed from modern society as that. If the vast, vast, vast majority of people can do something without incident, there's no need to protect yourself from said incident, especially to such a degree.

Comment

My source is reality. 99% of men do not follow this policy. False accusations of infidelity do not plague politicians, let alone anyone else. Actual cases of infidelity, which is what anyone with this dumbass policy is really worried about, happen all the time.
          What universe are you living in? Accusations of infidelity are to politicians like white is to rice or did you not read the latest news stories of a whole bunch of politicians being caught up in sexual misconduct?
          "The man from the yacht thought he was the first to find England; I thought I was the first to find Europe. I did try to found a heresy of my own; and when I had put the last touches to it, I discovered that it was orthodoxy."
          GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

My source is reality. 99% of men do not follow this policy.
            Oh, so now, when you have an opinion, you can just declare it "reality", and we're supposed to buy that?
            The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

A single incidence of something does not warrant active prevention...
              wow

Comment

Originally posted by One Bad Pig View Post
                I agree with Mr. Pence. I also suspect that his views haven't changed, and he's working with Trump in spite of his many flaws, not because he no longer cares about this.
                Right, that's the same excuse you are all using at the moment. Besides, if that were true, if Pence were not a hypocrite, he would be saying the same thing about Trump and arguing that he doesn't belong in the office of the Presidency. Face it OBP, Pence is a hypocrite, and so are the rest of you who defend his contradiction.

Comment

Originally posted by lilpixieofterror View Post
                  What universe are you living in? Accusations of infidelity are to politicians like white is to rice or did you not read the latest news stories of a whole bunch of politicians being caught up in sexual misconduct?
                  I bet a whole bunch of those celebrities and politicians who are getting caught up in the #metoo movement wish they had used a little more discretion, and/or had better polices in place. And a lot of those women who were assaulted would rather work with men like Pence than men like Harvey Weinstein.

Comment

Originally posted by JimL View Post
                    Right, that's the same excuse you are all using at the moment. Besides, if that were true, if Pence were not a hypocrite, he would be saying the same thing about Trump and arguing that he doesn't belong in the office of the Presidency. Face it OBP, Pence is a hypocrite, and so are the rest of you who defend his contradiction.
                    You think Pence should actively work to undermine his boss?
                    tenor.gif
                    Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
                    sigpic
                    I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                      Oh, so now, when you have an opinion, you can just declare it "reality", and we're supposed to buy that?
                      Where are all these people with career-affecting false accusations of infidelity? Why isn't this an issue for 99% of men? You made the claim that this is a problem, and I don't see any evidence to back it up.

Comment

Originally posted by lilpixieofterror View Post
                        Is that why Pence has this policy, so he doesn't sexually assault or rape women?

Comment

Is that why Pence has this policy, so he doesn't sexually assault or rape women?
                          He has the policy so he can't be accused of doing so. Why does this have your panties all in a bunch?
                          Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
                          sigpic
                          I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

Where are all these people with career-affecting false accusations of infidelity?
                            I'd have to assume you don't have internet or access to news, but here you are!

PM, why is this such a big issue to you? Why do you care of people want to exercise a little prudence? Who does this harm?

Comment

Originally posted by One Bad Pig View Post
                              You think Pence should actively work to undermine his boss?
                              [ATTACH=CONFIG]29670[/ATTACH]
                              Pence is a hypocrite for supporting and then teaming up with Trump in the first place. And yes, I do believe that he should be true to his (so called) principles rather than being a hypocrite. Don't you?

Comment

Why isn't this an issue for 99% of men?
                                You totally made up this 'statistic', and just keeping repeating it over and over doesn't make it any truerererer.

You made the claim that this is a problem,
                                Where did I make such a claim?

and I don't see any evidence to back it up.
                                There's far more evidence to suggest such prudence is advisable than there is for your made up 'statistic'.

Comment