Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Mike Pence on how presidents should behave

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Charles View Post
    It is not an ad hominem. I simply point to the fact that CP has not answered to the content of my posts...
    It's like when I politely asked you about your stance on abortion, and you launched into a hissy....

You don't know how to have a civil discussion. You launch insults, then cry like a baby when somebody stands up to you.

I've asked you to clarify your position, and all you do is cry about ad homs where there actually are none.

I'm really beginning to think you're only here to poke and cry.
    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sparko View Post
      I don't pounce on you for being a moronic, insulting prig . Or Tassman. Because I am just as insulting to you as you are to me. But Chuck wants to play "holier than thou" while doing the same thing. That is what is hypocritical.
      You SHOULD be pouncing on JimL for the same thing, since's acting no less the hypocrite - though at least he's not pretending to be above doing such things himself.
      Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
      sigpic
      I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

• Originally posted by One Bad Pig View Post
        You SHOULD be pouncing on JimL for the same thing, since's acting no less the hypocrite - though at least he's not pretending to be above doing such things himself.
        The way I figure it, JimL and I trade insults and we are big enough to handle it and take it in the spirit of the debate. If I met JimL in real life I would shake his hand and buy him a beer even though we agree on very little. Chuck wants to whine about people using insults when that is pretty much all he does.

Comment

You whine a lot, Charles. "Oh poor me, everyone attacks me, you bad people!" while doing the same thing yourself and not saying anything when Tassman or JimL does it. How come you aren't condemning yourself for being a hypocrite?
          It's what I refer to as The Wounded Puppy routine.
          Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
          But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
          Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
            That would be a more difficult position to defend, without allowing that, in that regard, Pence is no better than any other politician.
            I'm glad I'm not a politician. It doesn't appear to be a business that's good for ones soul. At any rate, I'd say that's where the shoe would pinch Pence.

Comment

The way I figure it, JimL and I trade insults and we are big enough to handle it and take it in the spirit of the debate. If I met JimL in real life I would shake his hand and buy him a beer even though we agree on very little. Chuck wants to whine about people using insults when that is pretty much all he does.
              Charles is an obviously decent person who hasn't quite twigged to the fact that "rebuttals" from many on the Evangelical side of the fence comprise insults and mockery in lieu of substantive argument.
              “He felt that his whole life was a kind of dream and he sometimes wondered whose it was and whether they were enjoying it.” - Douglas Adams.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tassman View Post
                Charles is an obviously decent person who hasn't quite twigged to the fact that "rebuttals" from many on the Evangelical side of the fence comprise insults and mockery in lieu of substantive argument.
                You are one to talk.

Comment

I don't pounce on you for being a moronic, insulting prig . Or Tassman. Because I am just as insulting to you as you are to me. But Chuck wants to play "holier than thou" while doing the same thing. That is what is hypocritical.
                  You accused Charles of not saying anything when myself or Tass insult you and others and yet you are guilty of the same thing so stop playing the "holier than thou" card. That is what is hypocritical. Besides as far as I have seen, Charles isn't complaining so much about the insults as he is complaining about insults in place of actually answering the arguments made.

Comment

• Originally posted by JimL View Post
                    You accused Charles of not saying anything when myself or Tass insult you and others and yet you are guilty of the same thing so stop playing the "holier than thou" card. That is what is hypocritical. Besides as far as I have seen, Charles isn't complaining so much about the insults as he is complaining about insults in place of actually answering the arguments made.
                    Do you even understand English, JimL?

Comment

Do you even understand English, JimL?
                      The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment