Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Left or Right-handed?

Are you left- or right-handed?

In the thread, say whether you are ambidextrous in some things.

I am left-handed but I do some things right-handed or either-handed, like hit a baseball, golf, play guitar.

I can also write right-handed pretty well but slowly.
    Left-handed
    33.33%
    Right-handed
    66.67%

Our daughter is ambidextrous but uses mostly her left hand.

None of my sisters, nor my brother or parents are/were left handed. But each of us siblings had one child who is a lefty.

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

When I used to play the Speed Racer game on PC in multiplayer I would cross my arms* in order to have my right hand hit the WASD keys for steering, and use my left hand for the ability keys. Having to share one keyboard for a game made things a bit cramped. So I'm definitely not ambidextrous.

*Even in this awkward position I would still win 99% of the time.

Comment

Lefty, but I can write and bowl right-handed.
        Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
        sigpic
        I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

Right handed primarily but ambidextrous due to having my right arm in a cast for 14 weeks due to breaking my arm twice in a short time span. I deal cards left handed, open bottles by grabbing the cap with my left hand, I can write left handed still (but don't normally), I cut meat with the knife in my left hand, I also use a screwdriver mostly left handed, but switch back and forth when my hand gets tired. I can bat both right and left handed but I can't golf either handed...
          "What has the Church gained if it is popular, but there is no conviction, no repentance, no power?" - A.W. Tozer

"... there are two parties in Washington, the stupid party and the evil party, who occasionally get together and do something both stupid and evil, and this is called bipartisanship." - Everett Dirksen

Comment

Originally posted by Littlejoe View Post
            Right handed primarily but ambidextrous due to having my right arm in a cast for 14 weeks due to breaking my arm twice in a short time span. I deal cards left handed, open bottles by grabbing the cap with my left hand, I can write left handed still (but don't normally), I cut meat with the knife in my left hand, I also use a screwdriver mostly left handed, but switch back and forth when my hand gets tired. I can bat both right and left handed but I can't golf either handed...
            I never said I could golf good right handed.

I suck at golf. But I have always felt more comfortable swinging a bat or club right-handed, but can do it either handed and do about as well. I learned how to play guitar on a righthanded guitar so that is why I play it that way. but I can do it left-handed too. Not that I play particularly well (haven't played the guitar in years now)

I do remove lids with my right hand, on bottles and jars.

Comment

Ambidextrous but primarily left-handed. I can't write with my left hand anymore due to surgery in 2013 but I do virtually everything else with my left.
              I am Punkinhead.

"I have missed you, Oh Grand High Priestess of the Order of the Stirring Pot"

~ Cow Poke aka CP aka Creacher aka ke7ejx's apprentice....

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
                Are you left- or right-handed?
                yes
                The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                  yes
                  You made Yellow sad!

Comment

You made Yellow sad!

I am right-hand dominant, though I shoot better with my left hand. I don't have all my fingers on my right hand, so there are some things I do better left-handed, including shooting a basketball, using power tools... thinking about it, however, I use hand tools right-handed, though I can just as easily hammer left-handed.

I write right-handed, but can wright left-handed, as well.

The "opening a bottle or jar" thing is interesting, because I guess I do it backwards.... I hold the lid with my left hand, and use my right hand to twist or unscrew the jar or bottle.

I think I'm pretty much ambidextrous with regards to silverware, including cutting steak.
                    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

I never said I could golf good right handed.

I suck at golf. But I have always felt more comfortable swinging a bat or club right-handed, but can do it either handed and do about as well. I learned how to play guitar on a righthanded guitar so that is why I play it that way. but I can do it left-handed too. Not that I play particularly well (haven't played the guitar in years now)

I do remove lids with my right hand, on bottles and jars.
                      Yeah, with regard to golf, it's easier to find right handed clubs and I'm most comfortable swinging right handed with both golf and bat.

I learned to play guitar right handed as well which if you think about it is weird because the left hand usually does the hard work of fingering the strings correctly....although I guess if you finger pick they would be doing equal work...
                      "What has the Church gained if it is popular, but there is no conviction, no repentance, no power?" - A.W. Tozer

"... there are two parties in Washington, the stupid party and the evil party, who occasionally get together and do something both stupid and evil, and this is called bipartisanship." - Everett Dirksen

Comment

Originally posted by Littlejoe View Post
                        Yeah, with regard to golf, it's easier to find right handed clubs and I'm most comfortable swinging right handed with both golf and bat...
                        Golf is evil - as you mature more spiritually, you'll discover that... um.. Golf starts with a G that rhymes with ... um... D!!!!... and that stands for DEVIL!!!!!

ETA: Do you ever see Jesus golfing in the Bible?
                        Do you ever see his disciples involved in a golf tournament?
                        Do you see the apostle Paul golfing?

Evil, I say!

Comment

Golf is evil - as you mature more spiritually, you'll discover that... um.. Golf starts with a G that rhymes with ... um... D!!!!... and that stands for DEVIL!!!!!

ETA: Do you ever see Jesus golfing in the Bible?
                          Do you ever see his disciples involved in a golf tournament?
                          Do you see the apostle Paul golfing?

Evil, I say!
                          You missed d) often involves drinking
                          and 5) causes people to say bad words
                          Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
                          sigpic
                          I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

Originally posted by One Bad Pig View Post
                            You missed d) often involves drinking
                            and 5) causes people to say bad words
                            Yeah, PREACH IT, Pig!!!!

and....

VI) skip church to go golfing instead!!!!

Comment

VI) skip church to go golfing instead!!!!
                              On this point, I was once visiting in the home of a couple where she was a faithful attender, and he was just a CEO.

He was explaining to me that he doesn't have to go to Church to worship, he can do that on the golf course.
                              His wife interjected, "yeah, well, at least you don't swear or throw things when you're in church".

Comment